SP Native Modern The Parabellum (WW1 in Calradia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God forbid you guys share your toys. "Community" actually means "place to wave your mods ****" on this forum, and for what? No one collaborates, no one shares, Dead mods resurrect years later only to tell people in search of borrowing assets "MY MOD NO DEAD! AM STILL MAKE! YOU SEE! NO BORROW!" and then disappear off the forum for another 4 years...

Yeah you guys are heroes for *****ing about meaningless media you cant be paid for, instead of spreading your work around the community to advertise your talent. Then maybe we'd actually get people to team up together to make something worth while instead of mods tagging us along for 5 years and then releasing a only a **** map pack because "Devotion to quality," "it will be done when it's done," "I'm only one man guys come on."

But instead you use this as an opportunity to go "HEY! THATS MINE! I MADE THAT! HEY EVERYBODY! YEAH EVERYBODY! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I MADE THIS! YES IT WAS ME AND NOT HIM! IM ACTUALLY THE COOL ONE! ME! HOW COOL RIGHT!? I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD USE THAT! I MADE THAT AND I'M THE MODELING/TEXTURING MASTER, NOT HIM!"

**** christ guys.

VC24 said:
God forbid you guys share your toys. "Community" actually means "place to wave your mods ****" on this forum, and for what? No one collaborates, no one shares, Dead mods resurrect years later only to tell people in search of borrowing assets "MY MOD NO DEAD! AM STILL MAKE! YOU SEE! NO BORROW!" and then disappear off the forum for another 4 years...

Yeah you guys are heroes for *****ing about meaningless media you cant be paid for, instead of spreading your work around the community to advertise your talent. Then maybe we'd actually get people to team up together to make something worth while instead of mods tagging us along for 5 years and then releasing a only a **** map pack because "Devotion to quality," "it will be done when it's done," "I'm only one man guys come on."
Most of the time modding is more akin to pretending to be a video game company than commnunity work, you thightly keep your product to yourself even if it's dead, irrelevant or outright mediocre, so long it's yours and nobody else, you are winning.  :party:

I didn't have a chance to read all of this yet, but I am a tester and collaborator on the Parabellum mod. There are a lot of different ideas about what is acceptable when it comes to using other people's work. There was a point when Master_Copypaster would be accepting donations for his work on the mod (though he isn't anymore), and that wasn't really fair to the people who made the models, but I don't see why it needs to be a major issue that he is using components from free mods in his (also free) mod. There is a huge amount of enthusiasm in the community for this mod, and it does have a lot of innovative features that he didn't copy from other mods. I don't think trying to shut this mod down is fair to the community who simply wants to enjoy a good Mount & Blade WW1 scenario. He really didn't have to share this mod with anyone, he could've made it for his own enjoyment and kept it to himself, but that would be a huge waste. Master_Copypaster just wanted to make the best mod possible with all possible resources that he could find. He is not egotistical at all about any of it. He listens to the entire mod testing team about features and ideas, and has implemented many things just because people wanted them. He really is a good guy with real talent, and he is only 16. Maybe he didn't ask for all of the permissions that he should have, but I did really stupid stuff when I was 16, too. I think people should cut him some slack on some of these mistakes. Bannerlord is coming soon, and these mods keep the community fun and engaging, while so many people have pulled back and held off from modding Warband because they are waiting for it to come out.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the parabellum has advanced to the point where it is no longer a red wars submod and no longer under our open source agreement, with the exception of the code.

I'm not going to make a big deal about it, but you're on your own

VC24 said:

But instead you use this as an opportunity to go "HEY! THATS MINE! I MADE THAT! HEY EVERYBODY! YEAH EVERYBODY! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I MADE THIS! YES IT WAS ME AND NOT HIM! IM ACTUALLY THE COOL ONE! ME! HOW COOL RIGHT!? I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD USE THAT! I MADE THAT AND I'M THE MODELING/TEXTURING MASTER, NOT HIM!"

**** christ guys.

^^^ This sonuva***** wins the internet for the day.  ^^^

pizzaman_6 said:
but I don't see why it needs to be a major issue that he is using components from free mods in his (also free) mod.

You are aware that these components needed hundreds!!! of hours to be made and sometimes some hundred of dollars (sometimes you have to pay for work), to make those assets and textures?
The assets of North and South and Blood and Iron needed at least 500+ working hours for being made, why should we share those things then?

We offered our mods for free, but that does not mean we will allow others to take files.

The Parabellum Mod will never be able to use any files, which are related to my mods. Not after these actions.

VC24 said:
God forbid you guys share your toys.

Except there's a way for people to share their "toys" if they so desire. They can put them up in the general commons where anybody can use the assets, or they can be ASKED, grant permission, and be duly credited (as they really should, because even if they don't put any work directly into a mod called "Parabellum" they have helped make it by making what goes into it). And again, it's not like the M&B Modder community is NOT used to sharing "toys", SO LONG as they are asked about it. Properly.

Again, they apparently weren't asked for their consent before doing that.

VC24 said:
"Community" actually means "place to wave your mods ****" on this forum,

Firstly, that's a hideous distortion and strawman, taking One aspect of the modding process (the ego drive) and acting as if that is all there is because someone objects to having their work ripped off.

But frankly? Even if the black picture you painted WAS true it still wouldn't justify this kind of massive plagiarism. Because yes- surprise!- one reason modders do what they do is for the recognition and fame. Do you really think the "user rank" icon to the left is just there for show?

VC24 said:
and for what? No one collaborates, no one shares,

Again, as someone who has been a bit of a handmaiden to two mods, that isn't true and I know it. Looking back, it is a bit of a shame BfY changed out the disclaimer (that it was originally inspired by a mod made by another plagiarist), because it would be really used to it. But again, in general the modders I've seen (admittedly as an outsider looking in) have generally been very happy to let people use their materials so long as they get duly credited. That wasn't the case here.

VC24 said:
Yeah you guys are heroes for *****ing about meaningless media you cant be paid for,

This would be A LOT More freaking convincing if it weren't for the fact that we've already seen two paid spinoffs made by independent teams from this engine already (With Fire and Sword, and Caribbean! Blood and Gold). That is, mods or glorified mods (however glorious they may be) where people have literally been charged Money- real world money- in order to get these products. Which have often started out buggy as heck and in one case (namely WF&S) were never freaking fixed like they were said.

But the thing is, the track record has already shown that M&B mods (the "meaningless media you cant (SIC) be paid for") can in fact get you paid. So this is a bit more serious than you want to admit.

And to the best of my knowledge neither WF&S or Carib used anybody else's assets without them asking

VC24 said:
instead of spreading your work around the community to advertise your talent. 

Firstly: you're complaining about the original content creators complaining and not "spreading their work" (in spite of the fact that they wouldn't be the ones spreading their work in this scenario, someone thought they could go by on the sly using it). But let's turn that around:

Whose fault is that Really? Who let it degenerate to the situation we see, where the content creators like Hinkel84 are on here pointing out what was lifted from their work after the fact and drawing bad press to it?

DING DING DING. Tha's right. The primary modder. Who had the CHANCE to get these people on their side before this all blew up. Who had the chance to ask for approval before releasing it. But who didn't.

You ever hear of Command Responsibility? Leadership means on some level that "everything is your fault."

VC24 said:
Then maybe we'd actually get people to team up together to make something worth while instead of mods tagging us along for 5 years and then releasing a only a **** map pack because "Devotion to quality," "it will be done when it's done," "I'm only one man guys come on."

You act as if nobody has ever done that. As if things like The Red Wars (which Parabellum is clearly based off of) do not exist. Because apparently you have to shoehorn every single original content creator into the mold of selfish, sluggish, lazy, territorial, and unreasonable asset hog.in an attempt to justify what is really incompetence.

VC24 said:

**** christ guys.

Again, you wanna spam all caps and blame the people who originally made the assets for complaining?

Look who let them complain in the first place. Look at the person whose lack of foresight to get approval (or alternatively design around) made the opening of this can of worms INEVITABLE.

Well, not anymore developed, i was refering to it beign released as an OSP base for 20th century mods. But your comment is unsetting
EDIT:
Just seen youve started re_developing it. Still doesnt fit this thread, it ocupies more important space

VC24 said:

**** christ guys.

This is some of the dumbest **** perhaps ever uttered. The Mount & Blade modding community is the most supportive and collaborate I've ever witnessed. Almost ever single modder is willing to help others in whatever way they can. The enormous amount of open source content released in this community is totally unrivalled.

Stealing from other mods is anti-community and anti-collaboration and creates a poisonous atmosphere that discourages legitimate modders from even bothering. Why do work if someone is just going to steal it without asking or crediting you?

Real modders ask for help when they need it and try to get others to join their efforts. The creator of this mod worked in secrecy, making no efforts to collaborate or ask permission or do anything at all that is conducive to a positive modding community.

What's bad for modding is people like Mechanic_ and the cadre of idiots that support him. Grow up.

VC24 said:

If the entire modding community was indiscriminately open source then it would have died back in 2011. Modders usually begin as personal enthusiasts with very little background knowledge of 3D Art, level design or basic coding. As such they must be cajoled by the community into learning the basics of these modding skills, otherwise they are of no use to the community and cannot contribute to its further existence when other members leave.

For example, when a new modder comes to the forum asking for experienced modders to help with coding something, nobody gives them a big block of code and a mini tutorial showing how to use it, even though that would be more convenient to the new modder. If new modders are spoonfed content then they never learn essential skills, get baffled by more complex problems, and then leave.

This is a big deal and every modding community understands it. Without "training" new modders in this way a community is doomed to die. New modders usually have new interesting ideas which they can eventually implement and share, keeping older modders interested and maintaining a community where mods are varied and unique, and not just visual and mechanical clones.

All this community talk has to be the most funny **** ever, modding community is just morse code for circlejerk, here or in the nexus, is always the same ****, zealous modders on eternal hiatus followed by boot lickers.
I just hope to god that the Parabellum doesn't stop developing since it seems to be the only ****ing mod moving around.

Jacobhinds said:
If the entire modding community was indiscriminately open source then it would have died back in 2011.
That's one hell of a statement Jacob, you sure about that? You sure that modding would be dead if people didn't treat assets like a ****ing bank account?
People were modding before this circlejerk was created and Warband isn't the only case of that.

BNS Marko said:
Because this is the only mod currently being developed :roll:
Easily the only interesting one since any other good mod is stuck in developing hell or is some multiplayer garbage that will end up being regiments fodder.

It's the only 'interesting' mod built on other people's accomplishments and work. It was no surprise this guy is from Russia, it's a phenomenom. On one hand you have extraordinary Russian mod teams(Crusader: A Way to Expiation) and then you have this kind of people.

Meanwhile, we have award winning Singleplayer mods on Warband, which(imagine this!) made things unique and on their own. Wow! Maybe you should spend a bit more time browsing, I'm sure your profound taste can be satisfied.

And the way you talk about Multiplayer just suggests you still can't block in four directions  :smile:

BNS Marko said:
And the way you talk about Multiplayer just suggests you still can't block in four directions  :smile:
He's talking about the plethora of MP mods that never get finished/never get played, it's just wasted potential/effort.

BNS Marko said:
It's the only 'interesting' mod built on other people's accomplishments and work. It was no surprise this guy is from Russia, it's a phenomenom. On one hand you have extraordinary Russian mod teams(Crusader: A Way to Expiation) and then you have this kind of people.

Meanwhile, we have award winning Singleplayer mods on Warband, which(imagine this!) made things unique and on their own. Wow! Maybe you should spend a bit more time browsing, I'm sure your profound taste can be satisfied.

Oh **** off from that high horse, are you implying that what made the Parabellum interesting was the uniforms from some dead multiplayer mod? or the audio from some ****ty fps?
And like I give a dam nabout modding awards, I think Warsword won one as well and that mod has just been going from half done to poorly done.

Tovias said:
Jacobhinds said:
If the entire modding community was indiscriminately open source then it would have died back in 2011.
That's one hell of a statement Jacob, you sure about that? You sure that modding would be dead if people didn't treat assets like a ****ing bank account?
People were modding before this circlejerk was created and Warband isn't the only case of that.

Just about every modder still active on this site was "trained" after 2012/3. Back in 2012/3 a lot of the original warband modders (a lot of them from the mount and blade era) had moved on. Most people might only stick around for a year or two. As a result the modding community as a whole has to make sure that there is enough of a contribution by new users for the community to survive another "generation". If they don't do this, the result is a string of dead mods.

Modders who just copy assets indiscriminately and shape their mod's vision around whatever free assets they can get their hands on are useless to a community. Some modders do indeed protect their assets for egoistic reasons, but the majority of interactions on the modding section of this forum are focussed on making sure new modders don't become lazy and churn out crap mods. Even those who protect their assets for selfish reasons are inadvertently helping the community by forcing new modders to learn to create their own content. I would be completely unable to mod if this weren't the case.

tl;dr don't listen to /mbg/ ****posters. Indiscriminate open source is bad in the long run.

8 bloody ninjas
9 ninjas

Melfius said:
Whatever, didnt you say it didnt bothered you anymor?  :meh:
And dont be despective, he is mod is not just stolen **** without effort. Think about it, about the working zeppelin, tanks, planes, bombers, artillery calls, gas attacks, etc.
Anddont be ironic, thats also offensive and acan cause fights
Since when should anyone give a **** who gets offended and who doesn't? 

Hoboistice said:
BNS Marko said:
He's talking about the plethora of MP mods that never get finished/never get played, it's just wasted potential/effort.
I can see where you come from, but no one can define wasted effort for someone else. There's MP mods out there which, I can guarantee you, would blow your mind away with all the creativity. That stands for modding in general, really.

Tovias said:
BNS Marko said:

Oh **** off from that high horse, are you implying that what made the Parabellum interesting was the uniforms from some dead multiplayer mod? or the audio from some ****ty fps?
And like I give a dam nabout modding awards, I think Warsword won one as well and that mod has just been going from half done to poorly done.
What makes any mod interesting for anyone is purely subjective. However, as in everything, there are objective categories which can be used to evaluate creations. If you refuse to adhere to objective categorization and quality assessment, then you have no place in a discussion.
First of all, you should stop claiming mods 'dead' left and right. You know very little about the scene, and you seem to know very little about mutual interaction in general. Now, strip away and take all the content not originally made by the creator of this mod. What do you have left? Nords running around with horse-tanks.

Of all of your comment, the only one you quoted wich was mine was the first,
And we do, or try to do, since this became a fight thread, this should have been a simple apoloy, agreement, then everthin goees on normally, and gets used to post updates, but this just became a fight thread for bored people
And watch out, titos partisans might be there!

Melfius said:
Hey Jackson, the one thats hould grow up is you, imbecile (you insulted me, you deserve it). We are trying to act peacefully.Im not going to talk about your comment, or idiots will continue to a fight..

I'm going to reply to Jackson's comment. I'm going to reply to it really, really hard.

Jackson ??? said:
VC24 said:

**** christ guys.

This is some of the dumbest **** perhaps ever uttered. The Mount & Blade modding community is the most supportive and collaborate I've ever witnessed. Almost ever single modder is willing to help others in whatever way they can. The enormous amount of open source content released in this community is totally unrivalled.

Stealing from other mods is anti-community and anti-collaboration and creates a poisonous atmosphere that discourages legitimate modders from even bothering. Why do work if someone is just going to steal it without asking or crediting you?

Real modders ask for help when they need it and try to get others to join their efforts. The creator of this mod worked in secrecy, making no efforts to collaborate or ask permission or do anything at all that is conducive to a positive modding community.

What's bad for modding is people like Mechanic_ and the cadre of idiots that support him. Grow up.

You're a **** person who needs to get a life, and also your mod is better than the Parabellum and they should have consulted you and other involved parties before shamelessly stealing and are in no way entitled to the fruits of your collective efforts.

The Parabellum cant use frrom the Ultiamte Victorian Era 19th century pack OSP:
L'Aigle Hussar uniform (not going ot be used tough)
Docm30 union and confederation uniforms (the ones from Hinkel mod, North and South, for wich the claim was done, so very important)
Any of the Hinkels assets, and any of his Bello Civilli assets (not going to be used tough)

It can use anythign from there wich is not listed above (basically most things that would matter). Civilian clothes can be replaced as default RW ones, wich were more fitting.
Link (again): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,332364.0.html

EDIT: Just saw your comment, wtf, i dont understan who are you talking to,  but no need to reply. Seems like another "fighter".
Correct me if wron, im not Dalai Lama, but atleast try to act calmly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom