The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince_bran7 said:
Please for the love of God and Everything Holy RELEASE A BETA!!!!!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Please don't.

There are far too many betas being done by professionals right now, god only knows why people want to play something that's utterly unfinished. Most of them aren't 'testing' the game in any way so it's a waste of time on a whole.

Hazzardevil said:
Willhelm said:
GERRY said:
Wranger said:
I've read serious historians referring to the two world wars as one world war with a 21 year armistice in between.

There were Nazis in ww1? Wow never knew

If they reason that with the fact that there still was hate and hostility after ww1 between the major nations you could also say that the world war took place over 65 years because the hostility between Germany and France wasnt gone after the franco prussian war too! Or you could say that the Napoleonic wars were also a part of the world war which ended in 1945 because they caused the franco prussian implicitly. Europe was always a place where the major nations struggleda about political and military power. So you cant say that ww1 and ww2 was just "one war" in my opinion.

Sorry for the novel.

All those conflicts are linked and each one inadvertently led to the next.
Basically every war since the Napoleonic Wars has directly affected the world in some way.

GERRY said:
Wranger said:
I've read serious historians referring to the two world wars as one world war with a 21 year armistice in between.

Technically, HItler got many of his opinions that formed the Nazi party during WW1.

Also, whoever says we need a beta, we really don't. Iron Europe was released too soon and look what that got us.

Oi I worked on that.  :cry:

Faultier said:
Are there any plans to implement buyable items who improve the skill? For example a bottle of alcohol or a surgeon set to improve the wound treatment/first aid and so on

These types are items are mostly got via quests and the TLD-esque rewards system.

Vicccard said:
Oh, I did find out that the Culemborg M. 1807 musket you gave them wasn't issued to them until...22nd August 1809... And they were the first to get them.

Culem-what? That's an An IX.

mcwiggum said:
Hazzardevil said:
Willhelm said:
GERRY said:
Wranger said:

If they reason that with the fact that there still was hate and hostility after ww1 between the major nations you could also say that the world war took place over 65 years because the hostility between Germany and France wasnt gone after the franco prussian war too! Or you could say that the Napoleonic wars were also a part of the world war which ended in 1945 because they caused the franco prussian implicitly. Europe was always a place where the major nations struggleda about political and military power. So you cant say that ww1 and ww2 was just "one war" in my opinion.

Sorry for the novel.

All those conflicts are linked and each one inadvertently led to the next.
Basically every war since the Napoleonic Wars has directly affected the world in some way.

GERRY said:
Wranger said:

Technically, HItler got many of his opinions that formed the Nazi party during WW1.

Also, whoever says we need a beta, we really don't. Iron Europe was released too soon and look what that got us.

Oi I worked on that.  :cry:

I'm not meaning any offense, but it will be really good with more work.

Chuwin said:
New Zealand? Are you sure about that. New Zealand and most of the Islands around it where firmly in the hands off the British the only Americans down in that area where whalers.

I was actually thinking of the fighting between Maori peoples, caused by British occupation and the presence of things like easy access to firearms and the superior nature of potato farming that made good ol' fashioned murder easier to fit into the daily grind.

The largest battle to ever take place on New Zealand soil matches up with the Napoleonic Wars, although I'm hardly the person to talk about it. I know a little about the much later New Zealand land wars and that's it.

tumblr_mc3wsnuRuG1qhtyffo1_500.jpg

Lol my girlfriend found this! :smile:

Landgraft said:
nilloc93 said:
RanGer_SLO said:
You know, some consider the Napoleonic Wars as a World War. Also, the Seven Years War.

Seven years was a world war
Napoleonic really did not leave Europe on any major scale (African campaign aside)

British invasion of Argentina, war of 1812, skirmishes in New Zealand, French/British/Spanish/Dutch fighting in the East and West Indies, revolts in India that were backed by the French, fighting in the middle East...

Feels like a world war to me.
Ive been following this thread for a long time but this the post that motivated me to make an account could I perhaps have the source on the New Zealand skirmishes had never even heard about that until now.

One of my professors last semester said something similar to this.  I can't remember if it was my French Revolution prof or my Nazi Germany one.  Both professors were so similar that it was scary. 

tanknibbz said:
Ive been following this thread for a long time but this the post that motivated me to make an account could I perhaps have the source on the New Zealand skirmishes had never even heard about that until now.

A good place to start, being contemporary to the mod, might be the Boyd Massacre.

Docm30 said:
Vicccard said:
Oh, I did find out that the Culemborg M. 1807 musket you gave them wasn't issued to them until...22nd August 1809... And they were the first to get them.

Culem-what? That's an An IX.

Before the Batavian Republic, muskets were purchased from private contractors. After the installation of the Batavian Republic, the musket factory in Culemborg became state property in march 1798 and all muskets were made there. The model 1799 had copper rings, like the Russian or French guard muskets, and the 1801 model was the same but for a slightly different ramrod. In 1807 a new model was taken, which was designed after the AN IX (Basically a copy), and it was ordered that the Guard Grenadiers would be the first to get the new model, which happened in 22nd of August 1809.

Suhr shows nearly all the Dutch troops with the 1799/1801 model (with red musketslings) and two different contemporary artists have shown the Amsterdam National Guard with the very same muskets in 1813. There were simply still a lot of those Batavian muskets left. Even my research into the Landstorm of 1813/14 have also shown extensive use of the Culemborg muskets, though wheter that's the 1799/1801 or 1807 model, I do not know.

Ok I have tested few solutions and got this to work. I would just like to point out that for some reason French cavalry doesn't have uniforms so they just run around shirtless with fluffy hats which is funny. On the other hand multiplayer is fun and seems not to have any problems. When is the version 1.1 coming out?

Licko90 said:
Ok I have tested few solutions and got this to work. I would just like to point out that for some reason French cavalry doesn't have uniforms so they just run around shirtless with fluffy hats which is funny. On the other hand multiplayer is fun and seems not to have any problems. When is the version 1.1 coming out?
Go look through the thread and you will fine your answer  :lol:

Licko90 said:

What

Oh no sorry i posted on wrong forum as it seems. I thought this was for L'AIGLE mod. I will just copy-paste my post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom