The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBeansShako said:
Very nice apartment, will you get special reward types of furniture depending on your career/achievements on the battlefield? Or will is simply be a nice looking place to stash your stuff?
This would be an interesting feature (albeit somewhat unnecessary). I wonder how it might be implemented though. Could you perhaps treat the scene as you would a tavern; treating the furniture as characters populating the scene as you would a tavern with different characters.

did i really just read 3 pages of you people responding to a troll?
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Bluehawk said:
Yeah, let's focus on something positive, like... how I noticed the Russian Jaegers' shakos are missing the tassel above the pompon, which wasn't abolished until 23 November (5 December) 1809 when the whole pompon scheme was reworked. Regular musketeers however had already ditched them on 14 (26) July 1808.

russianjagers.jpg

P1Y77Y6.png

Ignore the wrong facings on the left, and the wrong shako entirely on the right; I'm only demonstrating the tassel-pompons.

Oh, err, I guess that's not so positive.

for the ignorant, what do you mean by "23 November (5 December)" ?

nilloc93 said:
did i really just read 3 pages of you people responding to a troll?
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Bluehawk said:
Yeah, let's focus on something positive, like... how I noticed the Russian Jaegers' shakos are missing the tassel above the pompon, which wasn't abolished until 23 November (5 December) 1809 when the whole pompon scheme was reworked. Regular musketeers however had already ditched them on 14 (26) July 1808.

russianjagers.jpg

P1Y77Y6.png

Ignore the wrong facings on the left, and the wrong shako entirely on the right; I'm only demonstrating the tassel-pompons.

Oh, err, I guess that's not so positive.

for the ignorant, what do you mean by "23 November (5 December)" ?

If I remember correctly, the Russians used the old Julian calender, which is roughly 2 weeks behind our Gregorian calender. The Russian date would be 23 November, but in our calender it would be 5 December. A good example of this is the October Revolution. This occurred on 25 October in the old Julian Calender, but actually happened on 7 November in our calender.

Right. And the number you add is determined by what century you're looking at, that's why Napoleonic dates are off by 12, while the events in 1917 are off by 13. Since Viskovatov's Historical Descriptions... published in 1841 uses the unadjusted dates and is our main and most convenient source for Russian regulations (unless you want to look up the decrees and laws manually), I wrote both so it would be both easy to verify but still in proper perspective.

It is, which is why I included the word "literally". He was bagging on France for the name of the French Empire in French, when the faction he is fanboying over is named in the exact same manner (Edit: as he claims France is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom