The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of my works have been metioned, I feel that I should explain something.
dessan95 said:
I don't agree! Take a look at this that is cool...
8MvuWkp.jpg

...or maybe this one wich is nice too...
BExins2.jpg

If you notice, in the second figure, the hand holding the musket keeps him from the butt as in real life!
So i belive that is not impossible to realize a realistic standing animation...

It would be also nice to make an animation like this one wich is great!
Think about it and tell me what you think ...

These animations are useless in-game. They are very good for screenshots as they look much more realistic than original ones from NW, but they cause terrible bugs in-game. Just imagine, that for whole time musket is moved backward for about half of it length. It is possible to make such stances in mod, but it would require much more work than just making new animation. It would need making two copies of each gun. One in normal position and one with musket moved a bit backward (or forward, depends which animation do you want). And then, it would be possible, to force game to switch weapon every time you stand still or start marching...

Landgraft said:
Yeah, how dare you come from [country name]? Don't you realise that you're all [negative stereotype]. I'm not biased because [anecdotal justification].

was not so much saying "he is a stupid american" but more making fun of the fact that he identifies himself by his nation.

also, just a reminder this is a mod for WARBAND not for NW, some things were added in NW that are specific to its version and/or are hard/impossible to apply to warband. FSE had a team working for 6(?) months creating that and they were getting paid.

nilloc93 said:
also, just a reminder this is a mod for WARBAND not for NW, some things were added in NW that are specific to its version and/or are hard/impossible to apply to warband. FSE had a team working for 6(?) months creating that and they were getting paid.
While that is certainly true, some of the features implemented in NW had to be embedded into the base game to work in the DLC and can be activated by modders. For example the volley firing system, which i believe Docm has implemented in L'aigle. Don't quote me on it though.

Well I dont know how Docm is going to make it switch between animations, so it does that one when presenting and the other one when idle, but we got over the wrong animations on NW so it should be alright.

For the last time, you can't use musket animations from other mods in this mod, simply because of the way the musket animations are done here.

Muskets here are bound to the left hand item bone, the left hand holds the musket by the forestock, unlike other mods, where the right hand holds the musket near the trigger guard and the musket just rests on the left hand

Not to mention the fact that Docm already cleared this up not even three pages ago.

Docm30 said:
As per British regulations, a loaded musket was to be held with both hands in front of the right shoulder. The Hungarian in the Mollo image is standing at attention, not preparing to deliver a volley.

Swissky said:
This may be somewhat of an silly question but, will there be nasal snuff? (Napoleon used nasal snuff)
By that I mean as an item. Like something you can buy from the market.

Here guys you can see basic manipulations with musket in reenactment of napoleonic wars.
manipu10.jpg
That is only from reloading to basic musket posiiion .

Story time;

I was so anxious to play L'Aigle lately, I eventually decided to give a try to this Europe 1805 II mod for the original Mount & Blade to get my black powder fix. It was pretty much okay on the first try, all dandy, but then I began to painfully notice the oddities; The terribly unjustified hail of unending crashes, how all textures are literary painted or outright smeared on what seems to be a very tight bodysuit, how most hats look like they are paper cut-outs, how half a dozen muskets don't even have holes in their barrel and how the bayonets are only for decoration. The mod has it's pros as well thou', such as the nice animations with at least three different ones for each direction of swinging, wide variety of weapons and added little details like people flying back when hit by a charging horse. Still, it just made me anticipate this modification even MORE. My little trip to Ol' M&B Totally Not Warband made me wonder about a lot of things regarding L'Aigle, such as animations, population dispersion trough Europe and the miraculous weapon of the Tirolean Jägers, the Girandoni Windbüchse.

SolidXerm said:
[...] and the miraculous weapon of the Tirolean Jägers, the Girandoni Windbüchse.
It was discussed earlier with exciting prospects :grin: :
Docm30 said:
emilor said:
Are you going to add the Girandoni Air Rifle?
I know they were quite rare ,but it would be a nice addon to Austria.
I'll probably have them, but just for purchase as they were sometimes carried by Austrian officers long after they were withdrawn from service. Only 25 were actually issued in 1809, and those were to Brunswick troops in Austrian service.

Snuff, eh? so now suggestions for features in the mod include drug use, prostitution, racism, genocide, the ability to murder prisoners and I'm pretty sure someone suggested torture. You're an interesting lot, ya know?

Docm30 said:
Snuff, eh? so now suggestions for features in the mod include drug use, prostitution, racism, genocide, the ability to murder prisoners and I'm pretty sure someone suggested torture. You're an interesting lot, ya know?

There was a lot of Prostitution, Racism as it didn't exist,  and drug use, people back then eh...

A question!

Are you gonna change it how marriage and marital life works, I'm not that keen on hearing all the details but is there something you're gonna do about it, like make it more complex/diverse maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom