The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
Company officers of the French light infantry very commonly carried muskets, rifled or otherwise. Just like how British rifle officers (and to a lesser extent, light infantry officers) commonly carried rifles.

I was just wondering about this: did officers carry muskets as well as swords and pistols as they are most commonly portrayed? Example: light infantry officers carry rifles/muskets, line infantry officers carry muskets, cavalry officers carry carbines.

I always assumed the majority of officers carried the "ceremonial" sword and a pistol or two.

I personally think that whenever someone asks for a release date they should be provided with a link something like sanic or any  other purposely horrible game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?241lmty0ebtlbrb

DickSpewHammer said:
I personally think that whenever someone asks for a release date they should be provided with a link something like sanic or any  other purposely horrible game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?241lmty0ebtlbrb

I used to post a picture of the Happy Wheels Lawnmower Man because Docm once said that he'd stick the next release date asker's head in a lawnmower, but I was asked to stop. (And muted when I didn't. :smile: )

kpetschulat said:
Well, the French light infantry (Chasseurs a Pied and the Voultigeurs) were already some of the finest light infantry in Europe at the
time.

VOULTIGEURS DE LA GARDE ATTENTION LES MECS

Col_Lucas said:
kpetschulat said:
Well, the French light infantry (Chasseurs a Pied and the Voultigeurs) were already some of the finest light infantry in Europe at the
time.

VOULTIGEURS DE LA GARDE ATTENTION LES MECS

Wait, what? I'm failing to understand why you bold voultigeurs, and then capped what you did...  :neutral:

I think he means there are two different voltigeurs. There were voltigeurs of the line, who were basically the light companies of line (or light) battalions, and there were Voltigeurs de la garde, of which there were no less then 19 (plus depot) regiments. Regiments one to six were, at least until 1812, high-standard infantry, but the 'guard standard' of the other regiments was highly questionable. Napoleon pretty much used their status and fancy name to draw new recruits in '13-'14.

They weren't known as Voltigeurs until 1810 though. Their original name was 'Tirailleur-Chasseurs'.

Rowaan said:
Will the standards be static or will they move like in NW?

I think Docm30 said that they are currently static, and that's because he didn't want to make the various "vertex shaders" or something like that to make them move. My search function isn't working again, so I'm going off of memory.

IIRC he has tried getting his hands on the vertex shaders Deluge uses, but nobody answered him, and the moving flags werent exactly high on his list of priorities. Which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom