The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is lumpiness on the road. You just can't tell when the camera is 15 feet above the ground.

I do plan to change the road to be considerably dirtier, though. Contemporary images show the Whitehall street as being almost completely covered with filth.

The streets look fine. It only looks a bit empty. (Refering to pic 1 and 3) Of course there would be much trafic. Walking people, horses with carts etc. Though I imagine that it would be rather hard to picture such a busy area. Will you do something more with that area or will you leave it the way it is right now?

Eitherway, nice one Docm.

It would be nice to have town_walkers not only walking but riding horses or even carriages moving in the big cities .They shouldn't wander aimlessly like pedestrians though but maybe go in a circuit around the back of the buidings to traverse the main street again and again like it was a different carriage each time. Is that doable?

gokiller said:
The streets look fine. It only looks a bit empty. (Refering to pic 1 and 3) Of course there would be much trafic. Walking people, horses with carts etc. Though I imagine that it would be rather hard to picture such a busy area. Will you do something more with that area or will you leave it the way it is right now?

Eitherway, nice one Docm.
mind your own buisness/mod skrublord

That would be a very nice touch to cities actually; many pedestrians and carts.

Let's hope you can work your magic and bring us this :grin:

HoJu said:
It would be nice to have town_walkers not only walking but riding horses or even carriages moving in the big cities .They shouldn't wander aimlessly like pedestrians though but maybe go in a circuit around the back of the buidings to traverse the main street again and again like it was a different carriage each time. Is that doable?
Yeah, that would be great. Would really make the cities/streets more lively. Wonder what the possibilities are.

Alp said:
mind your own buisness/mod skrublord
Nah.

We need something to distract them! Quick, to the archives!

polishchevauleger.jpg

nassauinfantry1.jpg

brunswickofficers.jpg

Radetzky said:
-Will Dantzick be represented in any way sooner or later? Considering the Factions list, I suppose it could be an enclave of the Empire.
-Unknowing of the mechanics, but aware of your admirable interest in correct naming (Oesterreich), would there be a place in the mod for exonyms, at least in often disputed territories (Poland, Balkans, Rhineland)? I always found theses quite immersive and adding to the historical authenticity.

Danzig didn't really have an army, so they can't really be a faction.

Cities names are in the language of the faction that starts the game with them. So all Austrian cities, for example, have German names (Laibach, Czernowitz, Neusatz etc). Hanover is even called 'Hanovre'

HoJu said:

It's doable, but in addition to coding it, I'd have to go and add new entry points to every city scene. That's a fair amount of work.

Docm30 said:
It's doable, but in addition to coding it, I'd have to go and add new entry points to every city scene. That's a fair amount of work.

Go for it.  We're patient folk, here.

*twiddles thumbs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom