The Official Art thread

Users who are viewing this thread

digital_basement_HD.jpg
couldnt resist
ECb0n.jpg

Based, not Baist! Got it. I'm no native but would consider "hard sign" after "t" phonetically. But I'm no expert. Cringy as hell... doubt It will be ever unseen... :iamamoron:

EDIT: Checked it: Hard sign doesn't make sense at the end of the word after consonants... But it has just sounded very palatalized to me (idk maybe бзист is more like it...) Sorry, that's your "Licentia Poetica", just my little obsession...

Last edited:
That looks nice. Don Quixote would love to fight to those windmills.
The sails are oddly shaped though, like an X, and not a cross +. Never seen that design. I doubt it's efficient.
The grass shader making it look like the wind is blowing is beautiful.

That looks nice. Don Quixote would love to fight to those windmills.
The sails are oddly shaped though, like an X, and not a cross +. Never seen that design. I doubt it's efficient.
The grass shader making it look like the wind is blowing is beautiful.

About the sails I knew it. It was purely an art direction choice. But you're definitely right :mrgreen:
Thank you so much!

Based, not Baist! Got it. I'm no native but would consider "hard sign" after "t" phonetically. But I'm no expert. Cringy as hell... doubt It will be ever unseen... :iamamoron:

EDIT: Checked it: Hard sign doesn't make sense at the end of the word after consonants... But it has just sounded very palatalized to me (idk maybe бзист is more like it...) Sorry, that's your "Licentia Poetica", just my little obsession...
A-are you ok, brat? The sign is soft, it follows zh, not t, and it makes sense there.

I think a different cyrilic variant for "cringe" works better for the closest spelling, such as "кринџ", which phonetically sounds identical to the original pronounciation of the english word, apart from the thrilled "r".
Wouldn't look as nice though, because "ж" is the most beautiful letter, also the whole drawing is awesome Jacob !

A-are you ok, brat? The sign is soft, it follows zh, not t, and it makes sense there.
Wow @kurczak, First of all... Brat? WTF :smile:

I really hoped nobody will ever follow up on this embarrassment :grin: but you, you are so inquisitive :grin: You would never let go, wouldn't you? Who are you a lawyer, investigative journalist, perhaps a detective?

Still, you got it all wrong. As @Bluehawk pointed out there is a quite the difference in the use of ей and ай. Phonetically it sounds 'beist vs 'baist. The first one sounds more like the word "based". I was stupidly elaborating on hardening the "t" at the end of the phonetic beist (бзист) even more. And came up with a preposterous idea to use the "hard sign" (ъ - твёрдый знак) at the end of the word. But it isn't the right place for the hard sign - mid of the word is more likely. It struck me almost immediately but the milk has all been spilled at the time ;p

Btw. I have never considered soft sign anywhere there...

@Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James Must say, your art is amazing! I love the anime/cartoon/symbolism cross-overs. It is all mysterious and disturbing. I would certainly hope to see an oil painting made by yourself (assuming those are all digital works). But the lady in red...mhm she is my favorite... mesmerizing.

Wow @kurczak, First of all... Brat? WTF :smile:

I really hoped nobody will ever follow up on this embarrassment :grin: but you, you are so inquisitive :grin: You would never let go, wouldn't you? Who are you a lawyer, investigative journalist, perhaps a detective?

Still, you got it all wrong. As @Bluehawk pointed out there is a quite the difference in the use of ей and ай. Phonetically it sounds 'beist vs 'baist. The first one sounds more like the word "based". I was stupidly elaborating on hardening the "t" at the end of the phonetic beist (бзист) even more. And came up with a preposterous idea to use the "hard sign" (ъ - твёрдый знак) at the end of the word. But it isn't the right place for the hard sign - mid of the word is more likely. It struck me almost immediately but the milk has all been spilled at the time ;p

Btw. I have never considered soft sign anywhere there...

@Kentucky 『 HEIGUI 』 James Must say, your art is amazing! I love the anime/cartoon/symbolism cross-overs. It is all mysterious and disturbing. I would certainly hope to see an oil painting made by yourself (assuming those are all digital works). But the lady in red...mhm she is my favorite... mesmerizing.
Sorry, I'm retarded, I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were talking about the soft sign in кринжь. Yeah you're right that ей is better than ай. I think a more conventional transliteration into Russian cyrilic of the soft g or j sound in English is дж, rather than ж or ч, btw.

What's wrong with brat, brat? Do we not cultivate Slavic brotherhood anymore?

Back
Top Bottom