The NSA Scandal.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's probably just a million monkeys reading emails and typing notes on typewriters. This is the secret to all epic endeavors.

That seems to be the most common meaning of the word "apparatus", so I've learned something today. Indirectly or by divine Providence I can thank rgoofy for that.

Duh said:
xenoargh said:
I would also like to inquire which case of death you are speaking of.
The Republicans are the most likely to fracture on these issues; this puts the Libertarian Right squarely at odds with the Neocons.  I was expecting that split earlier, but Romney just barely kept the Libertarians from abandoning him en masse, although not enough to win the election.
I thought you were speaking of an event that had actually happened. :wink:

And yes the republicans seem likely to further split on this issue.

There have been collapses of major political parties in the political past in America. The Federalist Party, which essentially controlled the first half-century of American history, and the Whig Party, neither of whom were minor opponents, both dissolved in strenuous political situations.

Mage246 said:
FrisianDude said:
Captain Lust said:
Why is everyone so surprised? Since when do you have to be a tin-hat conspiracy theorist to realise that they will monitor you in every way they possibly can?
I always kinda assumed most people aren't interesting enough to monitor.

And they still aren't being monitored. Basically, the government has the data, but they only actually use a percentage of it.
some cursory monitoring then, I suppose. Most of it, and I mean like 99% is probably not very interesting at all. :eek:

Si-A-erra. said:
Tuckles said:
Bromden said:
That isn't too surprising either. I've decided never to go to the USA years ago when I heard they take fingerprints on the airports from foreigners.

They do that in the EU too.
No they don't Ive never been fingered at any airport, and I'm Colombia, they got reasons to distrust us.
You could ask to be fingered by an official, but at least you need to bring flowers or chocolate and wait for them to get off-duty.

:lol: 
right-wing-extremist-milf--large-msg-126023669798.jpg

I get that, but a generic milf-type picture could have conveyed the point better.

CEOs of Google and Facebook denied giving the government access to their servers.
But
On Friday it turned out that each of them had lied or been misinformed.
“(I)nstead of adding a back door to their servers, the companies were essentially asked to erect a locked mailbox
and give the government the key, people briefed on the negotiations said,” writes Claire Cain Miller in the New York Times.
“Facebook, for instance, built such a system for requesting and sharing the information, they said.”
http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=15845

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/google-facebook-prism-surveillance-program

With a net of both phone calls and Internet data from these giants (Google/Facebook etc.)
there is practically no limit to what government agencies can know about - not just groops of people - but intimate details about specific people's lives.

Back
Top Bottom