The new Dukes Mod 2.0 (update 27th of June)

Users who are viewing this thread

luigi

Squire
Hi everybody ! After a long absence (over a month and a half) I have come to a new version that removes the samurais from the game and keep it more european oriented.

New update , it hads :
-New items
-new mercenaries
-new parties
-new troop tree and equipment attributions
-Some of Chel's horses textures

I'll send the module resource to anyone who wants to play with the stats and attributions. Just ask. 

Download the mod here : https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=439

It has been a long time since I've been active on this forum and I missed you all sooo much.
I announce you that I have worked on a new mod for the 0.808 version. So, yes, I have finally managed to understand how Python works  :grin:
It is in the same way of Dukes And Mercenaries though it doesn't have firearms and keep a more medieval look than the Renaissance style of the first.

Expect to see new weapons, of course, new helmets too and a complete re-work of the original troop tree and assignations.
And lots of new mercenaries to hire from taverns!
And beware of the new Dark Knights or the Duke's Scorchers and think twice now before running on a polearm users' unit  !

I removed or changed most of the Vanilla's weapons meshes, and equiped most of the troops with leathers jerkins/reinforced/studded armors and believe me, it looks reaaally cool.

Thanks to all of those guys who teaches us on this forum how to mod : Yoshiboy, Janus, Thorgrim, HighElfwarrior, and lots of others who contributes. :grin: :grin: :grin: 

As always, my stuff is free to use by everyone, as long as the credit is given to me.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Cheers

Screenshots, just for your eyes !

DUKES9.jpg
DUKES5.jpg
DUKES2.jpg
DUKES1.jpg
DUKES8.jpg
DUKES7.jpg

Fantastic! I always loved this mod :smile:

So your removing guns eh, any particular reason or did you just feel like a change of direction?

Here's some gothic plate I'm working on:

GothicPlate.jpg

It's ridiculously high poly at the moment, the idea is that it can be used to generate normal maps and the like.

Release date: 3 days after Duke Nukem Forever.

Pope, you should incorporate this armour and any other great armours in to his mod.

This looking really nice.

But anyone would be able to use it anyway. Just download this mod and then copy the brf file. Anyway, Pope you're awesome.

Wow !
I love this armour !

About guns : I was bored of them.
Let's say the new Dukes mod takes place in an era before Dukes and Mercenaries, before the discover of gun powder.

luigi said:
Wow !
I love this armour !

About guns : I was bored of them.
Let's say the new Dukes mod takes place in an era before Dukes and Mercenaries, before the discover of gun powder.

Or we could try not to have some ridiculous backstory, mm-kay? Gunpowder was brought to Europe before Plate armour was developed. There's no need for you to need to explain the lack of gunpowder. It already doesn't make sense in normal M&B.

I am a bit disappointed, as it was the way all those firearms changed the tone of battle that drew me to Dukes and Mercs. The thrill of hearing the guns, seeing the smoke, and almost getting your face ventilated by a wall of flying lead was unlike any other M&B mod out there. That said, it looks like there may be other mods are filling in the "guns guns gonnadiegonnadiegonnadie" niche, and this is looking gorgeous. Good luck.

Soon  soon !

I warn you : except some improvement in the look and the troop tree, my mod won't be a "revolution" in the gameplay.

I  only want to improve the...beauty of war in this game.

That armour is gouuuurrrgeeeoouus. maybe janus will finally get a new arena expanion mod out and silverkatana will combine this, arena expansion and band of warriors into the mod to own all mods.

@#$%. why do i have to have a sucky gfx card??  :evil:

Back
Top Bottom