The Movies

Users who are viewing this thread

I just bought this game and I'm still not sure if I like it.

On one hand it is very similar to The Sims 2 ... just much faster paced. To me, thats a negative. I like Sims 2 ... but I bought this game to enjoy The movies rather than pay $50 to play a game I already own.

On the other hand ... I've barely been able to pull myself away from the game. It has so many different ways to play it ... it is seriously like owning three games in one.

Negatives
Parts of the game are very similar to Sims 2.
The game gets extremely hectic and hard to follow at times.
Some elements of the game are dumbed down so much that my puppy finds it simple.
Other elements are thrown at you with little explanation at all and you are forced to experiment to figure it out.

*I admit to not having read but a few pages of the manual.

Positives
The game is absurdly addictive.
The movies that you can make are beyond awesome.
Character generation with the the StarMaker program lets you change your characters (actors, directors, etc.) to an amazing degree.
There are so many different ways to play the game that I haven't done half of them so far.

Narcissus

Skyrage said:
So...what exactly do you DO in this game?

It's a Peter Molyneux game. You play around in a small sandbox with 10-foot high concrete walls and guard towers.

I've got Civ 4 coming on Monday and The Movies should be here on Wednesday. Looks like I'm going nowhere next week :smile:

Uploaded any movies yet? There are some works of comedy genius on the official site already.

Worbah said:
Skyrage said:
So...what exactly do you DO in this game?

It's a Peter Molyneux game. You play around in a small sandbox with 10-foot high concrete walls and guard towers.

hehe.
i, personally liked none of his games, but the ideas itself are great

Not that I have found.

It is basicly just a war between studios to see who can make the best movies and employ the highest ranking stars. It is addictive in an eerie Sims type of way.

There are awards ceremonies that you can win/lose but as I haven't gotten to present time (I continue to start over to use new strategies) I can't say if there is a final win/lose setting.

Narcissus

The lack of any 'Point' is why I find Sims so boring... I just realise it's pointless and give up. I got the same thing with runescape. Not Morrowind, though :smile:

Getting those awards isn't exactly easy.

Won 4\5 on the second ceremony, now I'm lucky to get the most prestigious award.

Its not like your left without a point. The only problem is the game can get a little too challenging, especially if your trying to shoot your own movies.

Back
Top Bottom