The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the influence system doesn't seem to be quite balanced right now, as I'm sure you're aware.

"As captain of the high fields of Rohan, I shall raise a mighty host of Rohirrem and crush the invading hosts of Isen- what? I can only requisition 2 riders of rohan? A week? Man, this is gonna be a long war...."

I see a couple of possibilities for balancing this. The first is simply making making the units cheaper, which would be easy. The second, which I'd like to see, is a graduated cost system that is linked to your rank. For example as a rank 1 recruit, tier 1 units would cost their base influence price, tier 2 units would cost double or triple their base price, and tier 3 units would be unavailable. Once you reached rank 2 or 3, tier 1 units would cost half price, tier 2 units would cost their base price, and tier 3 units would be unlocked for an inflated price. After another couple of promotions, the prices go down again, and tier 4 units are unlocked. You get the idea.

And like Wakka said, multiple ways to gain influence would also be very nice.

Oh, and of course:

"You are a mighty commander of the Rohirrim! You get three denars per week so you can pay one peasant.
Crush the enemy!"

wages are waaaaay too low

I agree with Wakka-Wakka. There aren't that many ways to gain influence. And btw Wakka-Wakka, my massacring of the enemy far outways the quests I do! :grin:

But these things are only small and I have no doubt you guys are doing your upmost to make this the best. Really thanks a lot everyone involved with this mod, it's great! Fantastic! Brillian! ( I could go on but I lost my thesaurus :razz: ) thanks again!

- First, how do you calculate who is weak and who is not? If you do it by unit amount, which would be cool, would it be such a hassle to add some more states than "weak" and "strong"?

I thought I answered this one from you but maybe it was someone else. You ask the kings and counts in the dialogue "how goes the war". They give you a report on every factions strength. Atm, factions can be strong, weakened, spent and wavering or crushed. Maybe you are asking how the mechanic itself works and it is based on casualties.

Slightly better horses for the rohirrim and gondor (as thats where gondor gets horses) has been discussed and will probably be done, I just havent done it yet.

Pay rate is from vanilla. It may seem low but the economy from vanilla is balanced to go along with it. Ill look at it at some point.

And for everyone that commented on increasing faction influence in another way, I agree there should be other ways, just havent gotten around to it.

As far as getting the mod ready, there isnt much to do, I just have to throw my nephew off the desktop pc. heh.

How goes the acquiring the PC AW?

What else is going to be new in this version (Apart from Throgrim's models) Just a teaser? :wink:

bbcrackmonkey said:
I really want the inventory chest back. I really really miss that thing during battles. Makes my horse archer characters useless.
FYI, this was addressed in this thread a ways back. You should be able to get the inventory chest back by going into your Mount&Blade folder and browsing to "Modules\Native\SceneObj", copying the "scn_generated_scene.sco" file, and pasting it into "Modules\The Last Days\SceneObj".

Of course with the new version coming up, you might just wait on it too. :smile:

i'm soooo gutted the new version has not come out yet ive got work tomorrow lol, ave been checkin this thread everyday :smile: come on!! any chance of screen shots of the new work??????

Everything is now in, a few models and icons and new script. But I moved the new icons slightly and am getting a spawn crash every 15 minutes or so. I think ive got it narrowed down to Isengard. Some tweaking there and it should be out in an hour or so. Its running right now on speed time trying to get a crash.

No clue what is wrong with it. Somewhere something is spawning onto a mountain, Im going to have to pull every single city one by one and shove it to the north pole.

Could be quite a while.

For future versions, I think you should have a Nazgul be leading the Host of Mordor and Isengard. He could be wielding an arming sword or one of those huge flails, and be riding a nightmare.

Ancientwanker said:
No clue what is wrong with it. Somewhere something is spawning onto a mountain, Im going to have to pull every single city one by one and shove it to the north pole.

Could be quite a while.

Sods law dictates it's the last city you try... (Logic dictates that too :wink: )

Ha, got it. It wasnt even a city. It was those stupid motherloving "tribal orcs" spawn. Thorgrim added some minor tweaks to the map and put some mtn texture where the Argonath would be. Trouble is, the tribal orcs live there. heh.

Okay, shouldnt be long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom