The Land of Change (RP Map - Version 2.6)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rasorath said:
I don't know whether this is by design or not. But I would like to see it changed nonetheless.
This area cannot be sailed through, the water isn't deep enough.

5ycb4l.jpg
The castle is accessible without a boat - which is great, but there should be some way to sail through, since the only option is to sail around.

Don't take my suggestions as criticism, though. The map is great.

You should try more ways to go through there, it might work with that longboat. It's not really a design idea. In the next version, I'll make a few tests and make sure it'll work, but that'll take some time.

Planned for next version:

• Trade. The prices will now vary depending on region.
  • Lower the sea blockade at ruined fort.
  • [Insert your suggestion here.]

This teleport does not work for me (Swadia)

mb52.jpg

.. which leave me without tools to work. BTW. I would place some basic tools for serfs in village. Start number 20/ just to kick map off.

also very minor thing:
mb53.jpg

lower it a little

I LOVE THIS MAP!!!!  :grin:

NOVICIUS said:
This teleport does not work for me (Swadia)

(Picture)

.. which leave me without tools to work. BTW. I would place some basic tools for serfs in village. Start number 20/ just to kick map off.

also very minor thing:
mb53.jpg

lower it a little

I LOVE THIS MAP!!!!  :grin:

The server wasn't updated to the new version yet, so, false alarm. And thanks for feedback. :smile:

Edit: For tools, check the smithy from inside the village.

Hear, hear, the Civilian Trader's Guild has arrived !

There, up the hill, where the whistle can be heard - a poor serf is working hard to feed thee. Some feets away, you hear a rumble of rotten carts, and the loud shouts of the desperate merchants.

So, dear players, I announce that trading will be possible very soon, also, the commoner village had been turned into a trading guild, which can be captured too. So here are the changes:

• New faction-locked interior for the Trader's Guild, which plays the role of an assembly hall. It keeps safe the money chest and an item chest.
  • The very same craftable stuff inside the Trader's territory is available to the faction, which brings profit. The land is supposed to be a peaceful one, so it has no buyable banner, except the mercenary one. Also, for the safety of the caravans, there are militia and huntsman training stations.
  • The resource prices in all the lands have been varied, so it makes trading actually possible. E.g I: The arabians have low ore incomes, while wood has a higher price. E.g II: The swadians have low wood prices, while the ore is higher, and so on.
  • All the armours, helmets, boots are linked to their faction, so buying an armour or whatelse brings profit to the money chest. This is available to horses too. Now you'll have what to defend.
  • Tweaks to the roads. Now they appear a bit lowered, to give the impression that a lot of folks passed through there.
  • I'll make a table of profit, so you will see how much money you'd get by trading a certain good.

Please suggest and discuss on the Trader's guild. Also, feel free to ask more question if you wanna know more about them.

New version released:

• Added the Trader's Guild.
  • Horses more expensive.
  • Trading is possible (see previous post).
  • Military armours more expensive.
  • Road tweaks.

The table of profits will come later.

Good job, this map looks great, and all in all very balanced, I think that's your main thought.

When I put the map on my server it makes all the castles float in the air and causes invisible walls all around, what am I missing?

Major update: PW Beta 4.

Changelog:
  • Relaunced the economy: All the armor, weapon, resource stockpiles and processing stuff have been moved in one single interior per faction, so crafting is now easier.
  • Adapded the stocks to the new reward system.
  • Added animal pens.
  • Added an underground swadian mine with a lower capacity.
  • Some general rearrangements.
  • A bit of cleanup, which removed 2Kb out of the map.

See the download link on the main page.

Elduar_Rhinestone said:
Ye, I really feel like this map has never really gotten the attention it deserves, really. Great map in my opinion.

Bowman makes maps with a great aesthetic and playability; for some reason, this map hasn't gotten nearly enough love from the player base but most of the run time Islands of Fortune (is that the name of it?) got was a good while after its release.

This map's day shall come, people should just let server owners on the smaller servers know via PMs/in-game admin chatting to boost its chances. Honestly so few maps have been updated and lots of server owners don't know about all the maps available across the forums that a server owner may want a map just like this one but they don't know about it/that it's been updated.

Spread the word people! Land of Change is the bomb!

Back
Top Bottom