The Iceni Tribe [EU/NA]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XGFoCL7.png

W.I.P.

OR1Cd1H.png

The Iceni (or Eceni) were a Brittonic tribe of eastern Britain during the Iron Age and early Roman era. Their territory included present-day Norfolk and parts of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, and bordered the area of the Corieltauvi to the west, and the Catuvellauni and Trinovantes to the south. In the Roman period, their capital was Venta Icenorum at modern-day Caistor St Edmund.

Julius Caesar does not mention the Iceni in his account of his invasions of Britain in 55 and 54 BC, though they may be related to the Cenimagni, who Caesar notes as living north of the River Thames at that time. The Iceni were a significant power in eastern Britain during Claudius' conquest of Britain in AD 43, in which they allied with Rome. Increasing Roman influence on their affairs led to revolt in 47, though they remained nominally independent under king Prasutagus until his death around AD 60. Roman encroachment after Prasutagus' death led his wife Boudica to launch a major revolt from 60–61. Boudica's uprising seriously endangered Roman rule in Britain and resulted in the burning of Londinium and other cities. The Romans finally crushed the rebellion, and the Iceni were increasingly incorporated into the Roman province.

PiPU1vD.png

vdtJmVZ.png

7PK6yK0.png

Code: https://imgur.com/7PK6yK0.png

Q8BY7Hv.png

Interested in resisting the Roman occupation of Briton? Contact the Iceni Elders here on steam!:

Warchief Zidius

Chief Merlin

Warden Micheal

Noble Rick

Noble Family

oN74wPu.png

~ Friday Training ~

20:00GMT - 21:00GMT​

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

~ Saturday Etruscan Shield Battle ~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

~ Sunday Iceni Shield Battle ~

3aF8LBc.png

Zidius said:
We have been serious for over 6 months now :smile:

I'm not what I once was when looking up new content and sources now, so if you want to put some time to gathering sources for new Britannic shields and helmets i'll happily refer them on to Jordan. Weapons and armours aren't needed, though new ideas are always welcome.

Ej777 said:
I'm not what I once was
It's true, ever since Vitallion's segwaying accident in 09 which caused him to lose all of his limbs has effectively caused EJ to become a nugget. This has made using a mouse, let alone finding historical sources near impossible for him.

100% True story, denying it makes you a racist, sexist and homophobic bigot.

Harkyn said:
Ej777 said:
I'm not what I once was
It's true, ever since Vitallion's segwaying accident in 09 which caused him to lose all of his limbs has effectively caused EJ to become a nugget. This has made using a mouse, let alone finding historical sources near impossible for him.

100% True story, denying it makes you a racist, sexist and homophobic bigot.

Its true, I was hit by a flying dabber and briefly passed into the ethereal realm, where various Swazi politicians took turns out slowly carving my body apart with pieces of cheese graters.

*used to be steam message of Zid asking me to post here but he asked to remove it*

"The Iceni /aɪˈsiːnaɪ/ or Eceni were a Brittonic tribe of eastern Britain during the Iron Age and early Roman era. Their territory included present-day Norfolk and parts of Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, and bordered the area of the Corieltauvi to the west, and the Catuvellauni and Trinovantes to the south. In the Roman period, their capital was Venta Icenorum at modern-day Caistor St Edmund."
- Wikipedia

Also, iceni is a fun tribe, just join :grin:

Zidius said:
Currie some people prefer to not read 10 chapters in a history book and insted find out basic information. :smile:
People with an IQ above 10 can find everything they need within 20 seconds.

Ej777 said:
Zidius said:
Currie some people prefer to not read 10 chapters in a history book and insted find out basic information. :smile:

Dont mock the disabled
Take me back to the home, daddy.

It came to me in a vision today, but this thread and clan in general has a surprising lack of memes given how "please be patient, I have autism" it is most of the time. You'd think with a group this sizable there would be tasty banter but no, we're stuck with me **** posting and Zid getting watched for forum spam. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Where are the days past of "stats can be misleading", and the MnG train wreck of 2016.

Im watched for reviving dead threads not forum spam lmao (and I dont spam anymore XD)

Also most of our guys really dont give 2 ****s about the forums but in honesty noone does its me Vitallion Currie Harkyn and sometimes Raya that post on the forums theese days

Zidius said:
Im watched for reviving dead threads not forum spam lmao (and I dont spam anymore XD)

Also most of our guys really dont give 2 ****s about the forums but in honesty noone does its me Vitallion Currie Harkyn and sometimes Raya that post on the forums theese days

Tell them to use the forum or i'll nerf brits

Zidius said:
Also most of our guys really dont give 2 **** about the forums but in honesty no-one does its Vitallion Currie and Harkyn that post on the forums these days
It's always been that way.
We've had a few exceptions, Esto, Havoc and Co, legion XX, Saul, Raya, but except for Esto the rest post for a few months then leave it, over the years it's always been us, most forums are like this, even the FSE.
Just a handful of old timers that post simply because they have **** all better to do

Harkyn said:
Zidius said:
Also most of our guys really dont give 2 **** about the forums but in honesty no-one does its Vitallion Currie and Harkyn that post on the forums these days
We've had a few exceptions, Esto, Havoc and Co, legion XX, Saul, Raya, but except for Esto the rest post for a few months then leave it, over the years it's always been us, most forums are like this, even the FSE.
Just a handful of old timers that post simply because they have **** all better to do
Sounds about right lol.

Edit: I think it may be time to re-evaluate my life.

Currie said:
Harkyn said:
Zidius said:
Sounds about right lol.

Edit: I think it may be time to re-evaluate my life.

I try to leave but all of you keep asking me to come back, not my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom