The horror of rhodok warfare...

Users who are viewing this thread

Easy, In Plain-battle against Rhodicks (Hahaha  :lol: Rhodicks, I am going to always remember that), especially if you are a Huscarl Warlords, put your shield, hold the position, let the Rhodick's bolts "tink, tink, tink" your huscarl shield.
When you see the Rhodicks put down their Crossbow and take up the pavise shield in front of them because of run out of ammo, now is your turn to "tink, tink, tink" their pavise shield :lol:

I would prefer that idiotic strategy in castle besiege, especially for hill-castle

You should like, scharge them with Swadian knights, teh moere al;cohpl you hdrtink, the better you will be, inf you drink enoug ot kill youself yot invisible, no waot invincible, go fiure.

So I found a funny way of beating Rhodoks playing as Nords. I ordered my men to hold position far from Rhodoks and we waited for them to run out of bolts. Within 2-3 minutes they ran out and we charge. It was hillarious charging at Sharpshooters with a massive two handed axe with no fear in heart. We cut then down in seconds.

Waiting for two minutes is kind of annoying but is very much worth it if you want to save your mens lives. Once out of arrows Rhodoks are extreme tame and more of a free chance to practice axe fighting skills.

note of warning, if you have never besieged the rhodoks in one of their native castles before, please don't let Grunwalder Castle or Almeera Castle be your first try. Because if you do, the siege.........well........... It will not be quick, and you will not enjoy it.........THIS IS RHODOKS!!!!!! (i thought about saying this is Jekala or Veluca or something but honestly the cities aren't that scary. Just the castles!)

kittehs said:
So I found a funny way of beating Rhodoks playing as Nords. I ordered my men to hold position far from Rhodoks and we waited for them to run out of bolts. Within 2-3 minutes they ran out and we charge. It was hillarious charging at Sharpshooters with a massive two handed axe with no fear in heart. We cut then down in seconds.

Waiting for two minutes is kind of annoying but is very much worth it if you want to save your mens lives. Once out of arrows Rhodoks are extreme tame and more of a free chance to practice axe fighting skills.
What will Rhodok become without Bolt Makers ? :lol:

kittehs said:

Here the end your your dream;

Other wave arrives and showers you and your men with murderous hail of bolts.

Or while charging rhodok army bolts are replenish automatically and in the middle of your glorious charge. Red river flows at the left side of screen.... 

Do bolts replenish in middle of battle?  ! Never seen it happen to my troops or Ai.

And yes second wave of reinforcements is always annoying. It kind of undoes the achievement of beating the first wave with minimum causultied.

kittehs said:
Do bolts replenish in middle of battle?  ! Never seen it happen to my troops or Ai.

And yes second wave of reinforcements is always annoying. It kind of undoes the achievement of beating the first wave with minimum causultied.

If you are defending a siege I believe they do replenish...not sure how often or how quickly.

somewhere between 2minutes to 3, usually the time for Vaegir marksman to fire about 3 bags of arrows.

Temuçin said:
kittehs said:

Here the end your your dream;

Other wave arrives and showers you and your men with murderous hail of bolts.

Or while charging rhodok army bolts are replenish automatically and in the middle of your glorious charge. Red river flows at the left side of screen....
Try to finish the first wave faster, Rhodok Sharpshooter is kind of **** in melee, leave the routing, make the line, wait for the second wave, "tink, tink, tink", run out of ammo, glorious charge, third wave? To the first again, and again, and again  :mrgreen:

The red river will appear in the green tunic of Rhodoks, try not to charge with Cavalry, even in the open-plain battle, when the horse at the fast speed, the bolt at the fast speed too, then there is collision, and boom, speed bonus will **** up your Knight

I just finished my game, with Rhodocks being the last remaining faction.  I took pretty much all of their fortresses alone, even when I was a marshal. 

For Grunvalder I have a "king of cheese" kind of strategy.  First we drop their crossbowmen and then I do the ladder dance.  That is I go up, until almost in melee range.  Enemies on top drop their shields and move forward.  Either me or my archers get them.  I collect arrows stuck around and do that until I'm dead or I run out of arrows.  Mostly until I'm dead, if I use bowmen, because I can pick arrows they shoot.  One or two rounds of this and the castle is ours. 

For Almera I prefer mindless charge.  I try to drop all shooters positioned around the outer courtyard, with some help from my companions.  With that done you have a "regular" siege, with crossbowmen spawning in a place from where they usually can't immediately shoot your troops, until they are in close range.  I tried various approaches and decided that simple charge actually works best. 

the things you guys are saying is exactly why I play khergits,

cavalry is hands down the best unit type for ground battles in the whole game(barring maps with steep hills and/or shallow water),

so go to the khergits for your all purpose ground troops(keeping in mind that infantry with spears are the most effective infantry against cavalry, although it's a little like saying that someone is the fastest power walker, or has the most fuel efficient hummer),

sieges are a different matter all together though, if nords and their huscarls don't work then nothing will(except maybe hired blades or something)

kittehs said:

In AI defending siege all missiles, jarids, throwing axes and arrows, replenish while player defending siege it is not. 

Back
Top Bottom