MP Fantasy The Hornburg [LOTR] (Invasion co-op)

Users who are viewing this thread

It ain't based on the movies, though. By the way, they look a bit too uniform currently, but I guess that you already knew someone was going to point it out.. (Like with the hands! :razz:)

Lord Benrir said:
It ain't based on the movies, though. By the way, they look a bit too uniform currently, but I guess that you already knew someone was going to point it out.. (Like with the hands! :razz:)

I've read the Silmarillion as well as the LoTR trilogy but I haven't seen a book describing the arms of various nations in Middle Earth.

Nelson, seen it, downloaded it, deleted it. Didn't need anything from it.

Benrir, Yep, Don't really have alot of variety at the moment but they'll get more before release.

Asperge, Yep  :lol:

Gothic Knight, There are quite a few descriptions on orc and uruk items troughout the books. I've read two towers multiple times whilst working on this.

Just what I've been waiting for : O

You need any help? Cause I got some different lotr armors I've made throught the times that you could use. They arent top quality, but I guess they are okay : )

Brego said:
You need any help? Cause I got some different lotr armors I've made throught the times that you could use. They arent top quality, but I guess they are okay : )

Sure, I take pretty much any help I can get.  :wink:

gondor1.png
gondor2.png
Shoulders aren't anywhere close to what they should be, and the legs also are a bit wrong, but something similar to the movie xD (Though you might not want the movie look or? :O)

clipboard04at.jpg
clipboard05v.jpg
clipboard06e.jpg
clipboard07vr.jpg
Again, not completely right, though something similar xD And I also changed the red to green since someone commented on it being too haradrim-ish, but it's easy to change it red again if that's what you want.

clipboard01nc.jpg
clipboard01f.jpg
clipboard02eo.jpg
Ithilien armor, though only the one faramir used, so Im not sure if it will fit for a common soldier.

variousgondorarmors.png
Have another color variation for each of these. Just something I made up myself. Could be a lower gondor tier armor. (Or are you planning on making more battles? Or just stick with helm's deep? Cause otherwise you wont need my gondor stuff)

clipboard03qn.jpg

Uruk armor, something similar to the movie, though some parts are a bit wrong.

Soo, that's what I got, though I could probably make some more if you wish. And you dont have to use any of this if you dont like/want it, I wont be disappointed :  )

That rohhiric armor looks great, but I think that you are missing details (on shoulder pads), but good work anyway, those mail armors look neat.

As for gondor armors then I humbly propose ones I ported from MTW2, you get full package in those:

mbwarband20101210192005.jpg

mbwarband20101212092015.jpg

mbwarband20101212092113.jpg

You know Brego? You seem to know how to properly make specular maps, I have problems with those, maybe we could cooperate?

Thanks Shalictar : )

Hmm, sure, though I generally suck at making speculars too : P

But they usually turn out okay after some trying.

Edit: Oh, and the shoulder pads on the Rohan guy, they arent anywhere near how they are supposed to be according to the movies. I just used some native pieces to make the shoulder pieces, and the ingraved symbols are also just some random Rohan symbols I found :razz:

Brego said:
gondor1.png
gondor2.png
Shoulders aren't anywhere close to what they should be, and the legs also are a bit wrong, but something similar to the movie xD (Though you might not want the movie look or? :O)

clipboard04at.jpg
clipboard05v.jpg
clipboard06e.jpg
clipboard07vr.jpg
Again, not completely right, though something similar xD And I also changed the red to green since someone commented on it being too haradrim-ish, but it's easy to change it red again if that's what you want.

clipboard01nc.jpg
clipboard01f.jpg
clipboard02eo.jpg
Ithilien armor, though only the one faramir used, so Im not sure if it will fit for a common soldier.

variousgondorarmors.png
Have another color variation for each of these. Just something I made up myself. Could be a lower gondor tier armor. (Or are you planning on making more battles? Or just stick with helm's deep? Cause otherwise you wont need my gondor stuff)

clipboard03qn.jpg

Uruk armor, something similar to the movie, though some parts are a bit wrong.

Soo, that's what I got, though I could probably make some more if you wish. And you dont have to use any of this if you dont like/want it, I wont be disappointed :  )

Wow! Kazzan use these!

variousgondorarmors.png

This might be a mid/high tier armor for Gondor if you're sticking to the lore.
Other then that, how are you gonna do the Saruman side? Are you gonna include the Dunlendings?

Dunelings are included as a class choice for the Host of Isengard faction. The Isengard faction has no cavalry though, for balance reasons, and that they didn't have much use for cavalry in a siege.

Brego, that rohan armor might actually fit pretty well as a heavy scale armour. Those are some pretty nice stuff, though I wouldn't have much use for most of them, since they are for Gondor.
That Uruk-Hai armor would be epic if I was going for a movie look.  :razz:

And why not change your mind :smile: Those models of Gondor and especially Uruk-hai are PERFECT! It is sin not use them in your mod. Please, Im begging you  :sad: And maybe this would speed up your work and proggress with mod. Cant wait for this!

Well, doubt it, since I'm going on a holiday trip for the next 10 days.  :razz:
But when I get back I still have around 10 days of free time so I'll be sure to work on the mod.

It'd be way too much work and the first version of the mod wouldn't be released for ages if  started making Gondor too, then I'd have to make Minas Tirith aswell... Ugh...  :wink:

OK, do what you must do  :wink:
I like your idea about updates - first version doesn't need Gondor. It would be later add on.We all want play your mod soon :smile:

Back
Top Bottom