SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Users who are viewing this thread

Narcissa said:
All that nice stuff Narcissa said

OK, thanks for the info. That really helps to clear things up.
As far as the weaves go, it's rather embarrassing... I didn't have any particle effects on. My computer has the graphical power of a toaster, so when I installed warbands ages ago I unchecked the box and didn't notice it until yesterday. Now that it's activated, everything works fine now, and I gotta say: channeling's a lot better when my fireballs actually have fire.

I just started playing this mod, I like the concept of it. However, I did find something I didn't like. I decided to have Tanchico to start at and saw bandits sizes around 60+. I may of missed it but is there a part in the map where bandit parties are not that high? I can not win against a size of an army like that with what money I started with. Meaning I can't hire enough troops to get that big of an army because I started out with a few hundred money.

If that is the default size for the whole map please change it. Unless someone tells me how to change their starting size in the files or something. Now if you planned for this mod to be one of the hard mods, that makes it more difficult I would of appreciated it if you would of put that in your original post or tell if its there because I may have missed it. I only see one option right now and that is to cheat.

Thank you for reading.

Jah92 said:
I just started playing this mod, I like the concept of it. However, I did find something I didn't like. I decided to have Tanchico to start at and saw bandits sizes around 60+. I may of missed it but is there a part in the map where bandit parties are not that high? I can not win against a size of an army like that with what money I started with. Meaning I can't hire enough troops to get that big of an army because I started out with a few hundred money.

If that is the default size for the whole map please change it. Unless someone tells me how to change their starting size in the files or something. Now if you planned for this mod to be one of the hard mods, that makes it more difficult I would of appreciated it if you would of put that in your original post or tell if its there because I may have missed it. I only see one option right now and that is to cheat.

Thank you for reading.
3 ways to stop that problem without editing.
1. Evade them build up money doing little village and town missions.
2.spawn somewhere else (not gunna be too much help really).
3. CHANNEL AND BECOME A GOD AMONG MEN (or get some Aiel they work just as well)

Jah92 said:
... I decided to have Tanchico to start at and saw bandits sizes around 60+. I may of missed it but is there a part in the map where bandit parties are not that high?...

If that is the default size for the whole map please change it...

You were lucky to stumble upon that small unit. In that region, bandit "regiments" usually have 150 - 200 man. As bigbuttons said (and I agree with his opinion), you better start your "career" somewhere else, because region of Bandar Eban - Falme - Tanchico (in sum - western region) is not "beginner friendly". You go there only when you build your name and force, or if you fill like "suicide would be a good idea".  :grin:

I think they are that large bcause channelers can become a bit too easy if it weren't
as channeer I always start around there, both for the inital challenge and it's perfect for grinding EXP

I think there are calmer areas, maybe Tar Vaon for instance

I just played the game, started around Tar Valon and found only wandering bandits - no friendly patrols around Tar Valon. Anyone know an easier place to start until (if) friendly patrols are added? Or maybe a starting build capable of taking on 50 bandits >.>

gerbilOFdoom said:
I just played the game, started around Tar Valon and found only wandering bandits - no friendly patrols around Tar Valon. Anyone know an easier place to start until (if) friendly patrols are added? Or maybe a starting build capable of taking on 50 bandits >.>
Channeler that can instantly cast fireball. Or anybody with a horse and two hander ie. warder/master of void. If latter, make sure you have sufficient strength to use it. Channelers annihilate armies not supported, and a two-hander on a horse can wreck the bands, albeit with a bit of difficulty. I know it's possible because I've done it, and I did it by riding along the fringes of the pack and killing a few every run. Just keep your horse alive.
Also, there is no easy area. If you can't fight bandits, farm in Arena, hire extra channelers, train them to use fireballs, make a shieldwall of disposable troops, win. In every situation. There is literally no situation in which you cannot win using a channeler spam + good shieldwall. Well, except an offensive siege. But then you just wall of fire their troops on the wall and listen to them roast alive. Or Balefire. Balefire beats everything.

Tumetsu said:
Hello world!
I just remembered that this mod exists. Has anything happened since I wasn't looking in last... year or so? :grin: Should I pick up this again?
(Not showing favoritism by replying to this post.  I was just away for a while and decided that you guys did a good job of fielding questions.)

Anyway...  Have you played the mod since v0.2.7?  (Notable difference would be changing active weave went from toggling through a list of know weaves to a presentation that shows up when the toggle key is down and you just pick the weave to use.)  A lot of other updates/improvements came into play with that version, but the core of the mod is still the same.  Expanded map, better AI for channelers.

Currently, I'm working on implementing events that follow the storyline.  Hopefully some training quests that allow you to learn a little something from each of the factions.  Such as how to march faster from The Band of the Red Hand, faster sailing from the Sea Folk, etc.  We've re-worked the character creation screens.  I'm hoping to implement a few ter-angreal/angreal.

And a bunch of good suggestions showed up this last week, so hopefully I can get some of that stuff into the mod as well.

FYI,  I actually played the mod long enough last week to erradicate the Whitecloaks and kick the Seanchan out of Altara.  It was pretty enjoyable.

I can say that starting out can be tough, but here's some suggestions.  If you don't have one, get a horse.  (This is essential for a starting channeler.  You will have to devote skill points to channeling, not fighting, so don't let the enemy near you.)  If you need cash, choose to be a lord or lady's child.  Find a lance.  A horse and a lance should allow you to defeat most of the initial bandit groups.  I defeated child Byar and his 90 Whitecloaks on my own.  It took about 20 minutes, but victory was mine.  (I wasn't a channeler)  If you need some shock troops to watch your back, go to saldaea, recruit about 40 troops.  Go to a training field to upgrade all of them to at least the first cavalry rank.  Then go to arad doman and eradicate dragonsworn.  If you keep leveling your troops along the melee horse path, they will become almost invinsible against bandits.  Eg, myself and 40 Saldean Squad Leaders time and time again killed off 300 Dragonsworn bandits with no casualties.

Well, I better get back to work.
mat

Hello!

I have been playing this mod now for a while and I just want to say great job so far guys!
Anyway I might have found a bug or something. I'm currently a lord of The White Tower but have decided that it is time to continue alone and be king.
So I just went down to The Seanchan Empire and took control over Semalaren, Rampore and Shon Kifar requesting them all to myself. Now to the problem. The Queen don't seem to make up her mind. I have been waiting for a very long time now for her to decide anything but nothing happens. Also when i visit Rampore and Semalaren now I can't garrison troops anymore. It's like she has already given them to someone else, but no one is in control of the city/castle.
I'm on day 223.

Any ideas? :smile:

Hmm.. looks like I've got 0.2.7a though I don't remember playing it. It's been more that a year since I last played Warband singleplayer but I'm thinking I'll go kick some trolloc ass now :smile:
And I still should read those last few books..

sagolik said:
Hello!

I have been playing this mod now for a while and I just want to say great job so far guys!
Anyway I might have found a bug or something. I'm currently a lord of The White Tower but have decided that it is time to continue alone and be king.
So I just went down to The Seanchan Empire and took control over Semalaren, Rampore and Shon Kifar requesting them all to myself. Now to the problem. The Queen don't seem to make up her mind. I have been waiting for a very long time now for her to decide anything but nothing happens. Also when i visit Rampore and Semalaren now I can't garrison troops anymore. It's like she has already given them to someone else, but no one is in control of the city/castle.
I'm on day 223.

Any ideas? :smile:
Can't help you with mystery fief re-arrangement, but Gathering Storm comes with Diplomacy. If you get married, I believe you can ask your spouse if you think it's time to go independent. Otherwise, I don't know. There could be problems with Gathering Storm fief arrangement.

cyrileom said:
Can't help you with mystery fief re-arrangement, but Gathering Storm comes with Diplomacy. If you get married, I believe you can ask your spouse if you think it's time to go independent. Otherwise, I don't know. There could be problems with Gathering Storm fief arrangement.

I'm sure there are a lot of villages unassigned to a lord or lady and as far as I've seen, they only get assigned if you ask someone who should get the fief.
I have waited for a long time, too, but only if I ask someone about his or her opinion, the fief is assigned.
Because of that villages, castles and towns which have been taken over by another faction and are not on your nation won't get a new lord/lady.

Raubwurst said:
cyrileom said:

I'm sure there are a lot of villages unassigned to a lord or lady and as far as I've seen, they only get assigned if you ask someone who should get the fief.
I have waited for a long time, too, but only if I ask someone about his or her opinion, the fief is assigned.
Because of that villages, castles and towns which have been taken over by another faction and are not on your nation won't get a new lord/lady.

Hi!

Well then to my other question. If that indeed is the case, how will it be if other nations continue to fight each other? If they expand their territories, will those Castles, Towns stand empty? If that is the case It is a mayor problem in my opinion.

Thanks.

Response to this:
sagolik said:
Raubwurst said:
cyrileom said:

Hi!

Well then to my other question. If that indeed is the case, how will it be if other nations continue to fight each other? If they expand their territories, will those Castles, Towns stand empty? If that is the case It is a mayor problem in my opinion.

Thanks.
:grin:
That must be something new in the diplomacy. I remember that when I played this mod, a few months ago, the ruler of the faction quickly assigned any new fiefs - I actually created a whole game to see if I can earn enough favor from Rand and then seek him out to ask about Tear(helluva good business with spice there) and all of this before he assigned it to somebody else. Well I barely managed and he said
no_angry_rage_face_rageface_meme_comic_flyer-p244420087477010675b73co_400.jpg
. So I guess it's simply not possible to get it the easy way :grin: But anyway, that's how fast fiefs were assigned when I was still not in college.  :smile:

Elan§Morin§Tedornai said:
Response to this:
sagolik said:
Raubwurst said:
cyrileom said:

Hi!

Thanks.
:grin:
That must be something new in the diplomacy. I remember that when I played this mod, a few months ago, the ruler of the faction quickly assigned any new fiefs - I actually created a whole game to see if I can earn enough favor from Rand and then seek him out to ask about Tear(helluva good business with spice there) and all of this before he assigned it to somebody else. Well I barely managed and he said
no_angry_rage_face_rageface_meme_comic_flyer-p244420087477010675b73co_400.jpg
. So I guess it's simply not possible to get it the easy way :grin: But anyway, that's how fast fiefs were assigned when I was still not in college.  :smile:

May i ask if it was the latest version of the game you played? 0.2.7?
No one else that got the same problem?

I might have found another bug or problem.
Right now I'm trying to recruit vassals for my kingdom as I left the White tower and recaptured the territories I requested from my previous queen.
Now to the new bug i found. The nation of Kandor has no territories left. I noticed it while trying to recruit a vassal from them. He just stood still on the same spot all the time. He never moved even once. I was thinking why? Then i figured it out. It was because they had no territories left, he always said "I'm reconsider my next objective"
So the problem is, the faction never becomes defeated?

sagolik said:
May i ask if it was the latest version of the game you played? 0.2.7?
No one else that got the same problem?

Yes, the newer version, with the fix that removed the merchant quest bug. I haven't tried out the things they're doing at Vaerraent's site, even though I'd love to. I'll probably be able to after I get done with that cursed research paper. Btw a few people, including me, also had a bug that nobody else had - we weren't able to recruit Lithe Aiels, so it's possible that there are bugs that occurs only on some computers, or operating systems. (doesn't that make things simple :grin: )

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, or just something interesting.

I started a new game, with the sole purpose of controlling the entire world. What I found interesting was that after eliminating the white tower faction, but prior to the retreat to Salidar, interesting things happened.
Salidar was still given to Egwene, but because the white tower faction was eliminated, it became a "Commons" faction. The really interesting part of this is that every defeated king/queen was also a lord of this faction. And thus (although the console spat out error after error) I was able to recruit people like Perrin, Galad, and other kings I had defeated.

Back
Top Bottom