The future for the Brytenwalda team

Users who are viewing this thread

Wooooot

can't wait for the announcement
i wonder what they're doing right now, independent game or bannerlord  :lol:
either one will be a masterpiece i guess  :wink:

I have it on good authority from a friend in the CIA that Idibil and Adorno are right now, at this very moment, secretly working with Newt Gingrich on his clandestine moon base.  Decoded radio intercepts between the moon base and Earth reveal that the team is trying to create a Star Trek-meets-History mod set in 9th century England.  It's a concept mod closely based on Star Trek: First Contact wherein the Enterprise gets caught in a temporal vortex with a Borg Collective Cube and ends up crash landing on the East Anglian coast in 865AD.

With the Great Heathen Army set to invade England and the Borg Collective on the loose, how will the crew of the Enterprise make history right?

Preview of factions include (list incomplete):

Starship Enterprise (leader: Cpt. Picard)
East Anglia (faction leader: King Edmund)
Wessex (faction leader: Aethelred)
Vikings (faction leader: Ivar the Boneless)
Borg Collective (faction leader: Borg Queen)

Preview of Units include (list incomplete):

Borg drone, fyrdman, Starfleet solider, danish axeman, saxon levy spearman

DerHerbst said:
I have it on good authority from a friend in the CIA that Idibil and Adorno are right now, at this very moment, secretly working with Newt Gingrich on his clandestine moon base.  Decoded radio intercepts between the moon base and Earth reveal that the team is trying to create a Star Trek-meets-History mod set in 9th century England.  It's a concept mod closely based on Star Trek: First Contact wherein the Enterprise gets caught in a temporal vortex with a Borg Collective Cube and ends up crash landing on the East Anglian coast in 865AD.

With the Great Heathen Army set to invade England and the Borg Collective on the loose, how will the crew of the Enterprise make history right?

Preview of factions include (list incomplete):

Starship Enterprise (leader: Cpt. Picard)
East Anglia (faction leader: King Edmund)
Wessex (faction leader: Aethelred)
Vikings (faction leader: Ivar the Boneless)
Borg Collective (faction leader: Borg Queen)

Preview of Units include (list incomplete):

Borg drone, fyrdman, Starfleet solider, danish axeman, saxon levy spearman

:roll:

Adorno, what did you tell him?  :mrgreen:

This Just In: my guy in the CIA leaked me a small preview of the concept art for the upcoming secret Idibil/Adorno/Gingrich mod.  Looks promising!

brytenwaldanfirstcontac.jpg

Hahaha.

Ok seriously, I'm about to cry. I'm currently watching the "Vikings" history show, and the only thing that has come as close about "immersion and living / feeling the Dark Ages" was your mod, Brytenwalda. Watching the show makes me want to play your game. It's set nearly a 75 years after I think.
2 years ago, or today, I never grow tired of your "mod". When I play, I get this feeling that those who made this mod really put themselves into it, and that's why it's so immersive and great to play.
As we speak, many big CEOs in the game industry talk about realism being all about graphical improvements...

Anyway, I can't thank you all enough for what you've done, really. Whatever you're currently working on, I know it can only be better than Brytenwalda, which means it'll be incredible.

This is not a love letter, but almost :grin:. Take care.

This is the best mod for Warband I've played. I can't wait for your work on a Viking type mod. Until then I think I hear the horn of the Jutes in fair Britainia.

Duke Baron Kingslord said:
This is the best mod for Warband I've played. I can't wait for your work on a Viking type mod. Until then I think I hear the horn of the Jutes in fair Britainia.
We actually don't know if the team will ever do a viking mod. But who knows? :smile:

Before installing your mod I considered myself a non-mod person, because I never had a great experiences with mods in any games, making me always prefer the vanila experience. Thanks god I decided to try your mod. Today I like it better than the original M&B. The historical setting, the more realistic combat system  (as far as it's possible with the M&B system), the more realistic difficulty, the large number of great new features, all of these and more made me love your game. I'm anxiously looking forward for whatever project you guys are working on, now!

I honestly can't even think about playing MB without Brytenwalda and I've played the mod for almost 2000 hrs. Still playing it today, awesome mod!

Good luck for the team, I am anxiously waiting for what you are up to.

Brytenwalda satisfied everyone from the start. I am certain that whatever the next project will be, you guys are going to surprise us in the most positive way!

I really love your mod and the wonderfully historically accurate scenes! I actually bought M&B Warband just to play your mod!

I have one question: Do you still support the mod, that is, do you respond to bug reports?

If not, would it be ok, if I tried to get rid of those bugs in form of a patch?

Kind regards,
G.

We still welcome feedback, but not so much bug reports, since the mod is considered finished.
You are obviously welcome to edit the mod as you like, either to fix things you're not happy with or to fix bugs.
Please let us know if you find bugs and how you fix them.

DerGreif said:
I actually bought M&B Warband just to play your mod!
:oops:

Adorno said:
We still welcome feedback, but not so much bug reports, since the mod is considered finished.
You are obviously welcome to edit the mod as you like, either to fix things you're not happy with or to fix bugs.
Please let us know if you find bugs and how you fix them.

OK, I will do that. I have a short list of some bugs, mostly referring to somehow botched conversation lines, and a somewhat longer list of things I would like to include (so not bugs really). But I have no idea, if I can get anywhere. I am new to modding and will have to study the files to get hang on it.

Kind regards,
G.

After some thinking and doing inspiration, I found some wonderful possibilities in a rather untouched subject in videogame history for a possible new mod, not necessarily for Warband but it might be interesting as a M&B2 mod for the Brytenwalda team (and, for me :razz:). It has possibly already been suggested, but I thought I'd give it a go.

A Newfoundland (Vinland) module. Most of the nordic/scandinavian props are already there for the Brytenwalda mod, and if they would collaborate with Gabrilduro (whose mods is based on Brytenwalda), then the native props are there as well. It's a mysterious event in history, which allows for more freedom.

There could be 4-5 small-sized tribes, like this:
Arctic_cultures_900-1500.png

Steel weapons would be extremely rare, armour even rarer, and horses near non-existent. The Norse would have the smallest tribe/colony compared to the natives, with only a single small town and maybe 2 forts and a few villages. They make up for that by having steel weapons, which are by far superior to the stone ones used by the natives. Though diplomacy, and co-existion with the natives would be more convenient in the early stages of possible alliances and/or colonization of the natives, depending on the desires of said colonists.

Here's a Wiki page about a Norse settlement in Vinland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Anse_aux_Meadows

And about Vinland itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland

About the Norse colonization: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_colonization_of_the_Americas

Wikipedia said:
At its peak, the colony consisted of two settlements, the Eastern and the Western Settlement (a smaller settlement near the Western Settlement is sometimes considered the Middle Settlement), with a population of 3,000-5,000; at least 400 farms have been identified by archaeologists.[7] Norse Greenland had a bishopric (at Garðar) and exported walrus ivory, furs, rope, sheep, whale or seal blubber, live animals such as polar bears, and cattle hides. In 1261, the population accepted the overlordship of the Norwegian King although it continued to have its own law. In 1380, the Norwegian Kingdom entered into a personal union with the Kingdom of Denmark.

Seeing as there's not much known about both the natives tribes and Norse colonists, modders would have a bit more freedom concerning historical accuracy. They would have more freedom in designing native weaponry, settlement locations, easter eggs etc.

Just a thought. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom