The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done in B&S

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought it'd be funny if we got a thread of "Oh shift!" moments.

Now this doesn't have to be something that was credited to your lack of knowledge for the game (like not knowing pressing Backspace brought up the command interface) but more like funny situations.

Here's mine:

So I played a brigand for the first time, and went to the Vaegirs. I recruited something like 17 pikemen or so, when I got attacked by Scum.

I'm used to playing as Sarranid or Rhodoks, and I thought "Ah, shift."

So I tell my men to form up and get closer, closer, closer - you know, basic foot-charging tactic. I figured that the Pikes would kill the horses, then I could finish off the unmounted scum.

However, what I wasn't prepared for was hilarity.

So with my men formed 3 deep, the cavalry came over.
The first line of infantry killed the horses.
The bandits then catapulted over the first line, and into the pikes of the third line.

I couldn't help in the fight I was laughing so hard. I've never seen anything like it.
Next time I'll be sure to record it.

I once erased the entire tactical AI routine, and had to back-port it from backed-up code and re-hack it from start, which took hours and much cursing.

Oh, you meant while playing...

Probably the stupidest thing I ever did was to deliberately charge the Death Knights with an all-Condottiere army on a nice, flat field.  It was glorious while it lasted, but really, really stupid.  We all died, eventually, after piling up a field of doomed souls :mrgreen:

Charging alone with light armor a line of rocketeers and archers. On foot. Actually I won that, but it's very stupid.

Defended a town against 3000+ enemy Sarranids with an army of 100 Rhulg Destroyers...

Don't get me wrong.. I lasted a good long time.. but it took sooo long.. and I eventually lost after killing about 2000

Scipionus said:
Defended a town against 3000+ enemy Sarranids with an army of 100 Rhulg Destroyers...

Don't get me wrong.. I lasted a good long time.. but it took sooo long.. and I eventually lost after killing about 2000
That's not stupid. It's a pity you didn't had more troops. Next time order to build a training facility and choose to recruit Vaegirs. You can recruit 100 random type at any moment. 100 Vaegir Pikemen, Crushers or Legionaries recruits are ideal for castle defense.

nilloc93 said:
trying to take on 5 rhulg destroyers on my own.
for some reason a swadian patrol had 12 of then :S
Depends on character you have, with barbarian it's not that hard.

Rhulgs are perhaps the most difficult troops to kill in melee. I can take them, but all 5 at once could wound me quite a lot.

Tumetsu said:
So find a horse and they won't be a problem :wink:
They might cut your horse to pieces if you get close. Saw that done on my Condotieri, and they have warhorses. You could easily snipe them from a distance, but that's not how I fight with them.

To keep on topic, taking on 5 Rhulgs alone in melee is quite stupid.

Back
Top Bottom