The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but..

I started playing today,I downloaded the 1.1 version from nexus and the 1.2 version(patch) after. I have two problems.

1.It's consuming 3 gb ram for me. I can't understand how is this even possible. Native and most other mods I played consume up to 1.5,but this one is impossible to be played. The fps is awful. As I see,there are plenty of people playing it fine and I don't think I am the only one here with 4 gb ram,can someone help me on this matter??

2. Maybe I have a problem but the armors have a white annoying layer around them,what is causing it and how can I disable it??

I find this mod worth trying,but after playing 20 minutes it gets extremely laggy...

Thank you in advance

robindelang2 said:
Interceptor said:
Ok, what do you recommend to do? Can you please provide me with download link of full mod? I thought, that svn is the latest most modern version of mod.

SVN is discontinued

Full download + patch is here:

http://mbwarband.nexusmods.com/mods/1746/

No files available... all syncing....

Well, it would be nice if whatever version is on Nexus is also available on Moddb. I'm looking for the latest 1.02 release.

Hi everyone !  :smile: I've just discovered this mod yesterday (it looks really awesome) and I've skimmed the different topics but I can't find what I'm seeking : do we get the latest version of the mod with the svn dowload ?

Wladouche je suis français, si tu peux m'expliquer comment faire j'accepterai volontiers  :grin: (ton site est sympa au fait  :wink: )

i'm not a complete idiot, nor a lazy one, simply a man that know a lot on Middle Age/Renaissance ages, but very few of the program files and other hardware, and need some help. this Guide was of great service.

Thank you.

Dislike much other people, i don't ask for have the Guide on my national tongue (italian), because i read, write and talk English also with some mistakes but i can read, write and talk in a manner to be understood (more or less, lol).
I use also WB without any translation, and i'm proud of this.

Because i know 2 extra tongues, (italian as Common tongue, English and French as extra tongues) following old AD&D rules i have Intelligence 13 B-) and i can also cast spells then :p

An ask: where i can find the 1257 banners? I want put one on my profile.

mhh...the size of the mod should be ok.
but starting with such a party should be wrong. even with the SVN. the long starting time when starting a new game is "normal". it depends on how fast your PC is. it's because the big map and because some thing that have to be set at the beginning.
are you sure you started the new game correct? What I mean, you hadn't made a quickstart? You shouldn't do that. just select male or female, nothing else.

hi :smile:
wanted to say few words about the game, to complain actually, I got 0.97 version, and there are so mayn historical and geographical miskates in it... don't know did you fixed them yet, but you should...
I can forgive you most of them... couse AD is amasing game, thank you for making it... but I can't forgive one hting, which really is insulting, the name of one kingdom, Kingdom of Hungary, in 0.97v. ''Regnum Hungarie'', it should be called ''Regnum Croatiae et Hungariae'', that's the real name of the country, I like history, and it's simply annoying when somone makes that kind of mistake, and some of the lords should have croatian names... if you could make armenians in Ilkhanate, why wouldn't Croats be in hungary too... the kingdom is called with the name mentioned from year 1102 to the end of 13th century, don't know why does it have wrong name...
than, Akaba is in Libia, not in east Egypt, and why can't I conquer mameluks's town, none of them?? and shouldn't Guimaraes be in Portugal instaed of France???
but the game is awesome, I play it already for 5 years (in game), more than 2000 days
Templar order can't be recruited anywhere?
if oyu put osmething under construction in manors, building it can't be finished
nice of oyu to make osme places as they are for real... noticed Krak des Chevaliers, the teutonic fort in Acre, I think Zaragoza is originial too, and London, I don't travel much, so dont know for other places :smile:

just to add, for oyu to learn, Hungarian kings were crowned with 2 crowns, Croatian and Hungarian, which are separated counries, Hungary never conquered Croatia, by the agreement ''Personal union'' Croatia and Hungary are two different countries ONLY connected by the same king... they ARE NOT THE SAME COUNTRY, it's ok if they are colored same in game, and represented as the same kingdom, but please write their name correctly, and the lords names too...
thanks

want the answer, also if oyu think I am wrong... teach me than...

xdj1nn said:
I've done both SVN and conventional installations, altho in svn the start screen says it's 0.97 beta. Is it up to date?

SVN is Othr's version, but he has been absent for a few months now with no new updates. 1.00 download is DrThomas / Kuauik's final product (besides updates which is currently at 1.02). They are two different styles of the same mod with SVN having new damage model, a bigger map, etc. While Dr Thomas's version is a updated version of the older style (pre-Othr's return) of AD 1257 with smaller map and flag bearers, etc.

Spitfire84 said:
xdj1nn said:
I've done both SVN and conventional installations, altho in svn the start screen says it's 0.97 beta. Is it up to date?

SVN is Othr's version, but he has been absent for a few months now with no new updates. 1.00 download is DrThomas / Kuauik's final product (besides updates which is currently at 1.02). They are two different styles of the same mod with SVN having new damage model, a bigger map, etc. While Dr Thomas's version is a updated version of the older style (pre-Othr's return) of AD 1257 with smaller map and flag bearers, etc.

That explains alot I guess, which one's running with better stability?

xdj1nn said:
Spitfire84 said:
xdj1nn said:

That explains alot I guess, which one's running with better stability?
Dr Thomas' and Kuauik's version is more stable imo at the current time.

Back
Top Bottom