The Campaign of Italy (1792-1797): New Add-On: OP Update 31/10! (Screenshots!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
Hehe. No, he just wanted too much power, he wanted Moscow, he wanted this he wanted that and that's not good.
I agree with that totally, but it wasn't entirely his fault to march on Moscow. Everything went well, until the Russians with tsar Alexander (he in particular), didn't keep their promise they made in Tilsit at 1807. Alexander needed to negotiate with the British, but betrayed Napoleon, forcing him to attack Russia. But indeed, Napoleon thought to be invincible after his successes in Spain and Austria + miscalculating when to march towards Russia, without keeping in mind that the winter there was terrible...

JDeNef13

Napoleon was crushed due to two things...

- The cold winter, of which the french and egyptian-recruited troops where not used to.

- That the russians used the scorched earth tactic. Totally demolishing any supply in the french path, and demolishing the napoleonic army with it.

actually, I just found another reason...

- The Russians had one weapon the french couldn't fight
alt1040.com.files.2010.03.chuck-norris.jpg

The true reason behind the fact that the french lost is that Napoleon relied way too much power on himself (he was a great tactician, but the forgot that he alone could not lead the french army, And as his marshalls were mostly equal by power.

He lost half of his army due to the scorches earth and winter. You can't deny that.
Also, Napoleon's generals where as usless as headless chickens, and I know. Cause one of his generals sooner became my countries king.

bjorne. said:
He lost half of his army due to the scorches earth and winter. You can't deny that.
Also, Napoleon's generals where as usless as headless chickens, and I know. Cause one of his generals sooner became my countries king.
  Bernadotte??? Sweden, eh :grin: well... look to the east :grin: :grin:

Quintillius said:
Just a general? Ha, my countries ruler was Louis Bonaparte, a brother of the Emperor
haha.gif
Well my country's ruler(s) was/were once a emperor(s) of the Russia, altrough the country wasn't independent by then, just an autonomic region. But anyway, bit offtrack, ehem...

No, ofcourse not =P.

But... He liked my country. He even gave priority to my country instead of France =). (stopping conscription, etc.)

Napoleon Bonaparte finally took him from his rank.

Quintillius said:
No, ofcourse not =P.

But... He liked my country. He even gave priority to my country instead of France =). (stopping conscription, etc.)

Napoleon Bonaparte finally took him from his rank.
Ever wondered WHY he took him out of his rank....

I think it's because Napoleon wanted to be better. And show of his ninja skills.  :cool:

Louis: Nappy? What the heck are you doing here?
Napoleon: I came here to stealth you with my musket.

I like Napoleon when he was young.the siege of Toulon, Italy Campaign,and Egypt Campaign..,,but after he became emperor, everything was changed... :sad:

Back
Top Bottom