The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

*~ Fixed troubadour has to give Hades the Bone Lyre, or he keeps respawning on the map, and you cant access the quest for the bloodfountain.
*~ Fixed Prophecy fates encounter infinite menu lockup.
*~ Made "Skyclad" armor for Antihero characters and Erinyes. Erinyes also no longer have shields, for balance purposes.
*~ Fixed Changeling quest doesn't terminate when finished.

... Rolling right along. Not playtesting as much as I should, but I'll get there.

I also have a concept I may try... a mission that starts the game, before you get fully dropped onto the map. Whether or not this concept comes to bear, there will be something low-level going into the next version.

Two words: Robin Hood. :cool:

N0ught said:
*~ Fixed troubadour has to give Hades the Bone Lyre, or he keeps respawning on the map, and you cant access the quest for the bloodfountain.
*~ Fixed Prophecy fates encounter infinite menu lockup.
*~ Made "Skyclad" armor for Antihero characters and Erinyes. Erinyes also no longer have shields, for balance purposes.
*~ Fixed Changeling quest doesn't terminate when finished.

... Rolling right along. Not playtesting as much as I should, but I'll get there.

I also have a concept I may try... a mission that starts the game, before you get fully dropped onto the map. Whether or not this concept comes to bear, there will be something low-level going into the next version.

Two words: Robin Hood. :cool:

Two words: Absolute Excitement!

The secret: Working with teams of people slows down development exponentially. The exception being the actual playtesting for bugs, which you all are so kind to assist with. There were large periods of time I did not work on the mod the last two years, otherwise it might have been out sooner. But I can only work on it when I feel I must. The creative drive is nearly a separate entity.

Fixed:

*~ Fix Necrotic Familiar giving random stats instead of what it had in life.
*~ Fix infinite Plague Rats when used from prisoners stack.
*~ Fix Plague Rats re-infecting infected players.
*~ Fix receiving only 19 Corpses from sacrificing 20 prisoners.

Production is slow. I may forsake the Robin Hood addition until the following release, to get the bugfix release out.

Report:

*~ Fixed "Make me a Vampire/Werewolf but i need to make space first" dialog appearing if your inventory is full, even if you don't have the other requirements.
*~ Fixed Fist of the Gods not guaranteed ranged weapons bug.
*~ Fixed Vampire cure dialog lockup.
*~ Fixed Slayers not appearing after the Evil faction is activated.
*~ Fixed Lamia and Crossbones' songs playing if you have the golden fiddle, in scenes and on the world map.

... I believe I have fixed the issue with lords not replenishing their parties after defeat. Playtesting now.

EDIT: Due to popular demand, Vampire and Werewolf characters, who begin the game as University Students, will be able to experiment, to eventually learn how to create Vampires or Werewolves themselves, without the need for Lamia or Crossbones' assistance. I will be working on this next. :party:

Officially starting on the Robin Hood story line. :mrgreen:

I wonder if any of you remember a game called "Sweet Home" for the original Nintendo NES? It is considered the first "survival horror" genre video game, in that you begin the game with 5 characters you can split into groups of up to three characters. to explore a haunted house. You walk until you randomly encounter enemies, like most primordial console RPG games - indeed it is very similar to other games of the period. The twist? Each of these characters has a special ability they can use to provide shortcuts for their group through the harrowing house, and if they die - they are permanently dead, vastly unlike most rpg games of the time. This means you will spend hours fighting your way through a place, only to have to make the choice to go back to your save and start again - or move on without the lost characters. 4 character progress was difficult. 3 character progress was murder... so truly trying to keep everyone alive was vital.

Well this story line will be similar. Every new player of Solid and Shade will begin the game as a captive of Robin Hood and his merry Men - eight in total:
~ Robin Hood
~ Maid Marian
~ Marian's trained hawk Circe
~ Much, the Miller's Son
~ Little John
~ Alan-a-Dale
~ Will Scarlet
~ Friar Tuck

Something wonderful has happened in Sherwood. And something dreadful... and such a deep, dark forest for such a thing. So many ravens about... :twisted:

After the story line is completed, the player will be transported to one of the normal random start locations, and the sandbox will commence as normal, with whatever reward and failure they garnished along the way. I don't want to reveal a lot, because it just wouldn't be as much fun. Suffice it to say there will be a LOT of dialog, and therefore, fairly cinematic. I am essentially drawing from three sources for robin hood lore, with some seriously dark twists along the way - one of these source references is very rare, but already included in the mod. Riddles, riddles...

EDIT: One word...

Usherwood. :twisted:

Things are coming along dreadfully well...
12246756_10153264748136527_5673577616585640472_n.jpg
12294802_10153264748236527_7354938958614909678_n.jpg

~ Coachgun added! This gun will reload faster than a flintlock, and have a two-shot magazine. It also will be available at arms merchants. Assassins rejoice.
~ Fixed defeated Evil lords respawn without parties. Have to playtest!
~ Fixed unable to get Muckraker claimant quest. Have to playtest this - it was also unreported, likely due to the obscurity of the quest.

Still working madly on the Usherwood quests. I am on the third of five parts now. You might just watch some of your most beloved storybook characters die, succumb to alcoholism, commit even quicker suicide, or lose their minds completely. And Robin Hood has always been such a lighthearted tale... in a deep, dark wood...

Better follow the breadcrumbs. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom