Tales of Kingdoms far and Near...

Users who are viewing this thread

King Timothy - Kingdom of Itova
Current Holdings: Veluca (Capital), Praven, Suno, Uxkhal, Yalen, Jelkala, Tihr, Sargoth, Reyvadin, Dhirim, Halmar - Along with all their accompanying castles.
History:
Started off working as a merc for Swadia... Went on a few campaigns and helped them grow a bit, I became a Count of Swadia and was given Sarimish to start with... Traded alot between Dhirim and Reyvadin also Tulga and Ahmerrad making my coin in which I started to build businesses when ever I could...

My first town was Halmar as reward for my exceptional service with Swadia... At this point Swadia was the power house... With a town to stock pile troops I began an intensive training/trade circuits ultilising my 8 companions with 7 training skills each or higher... Basically what I would do is pick up Recuits from Halmar (using Diplomacy mod I sent out recruiters in droves to stockpile at Halmar) and then take them on a circuit between Dhirim, Reyvadin, Curaw, Tulga and Ahmerrad and then drop of the trained troops at Halmar...

By now I had a sizable army but was slowly loosing money regardless of my extensive trading... In the next war with the Rhodoks I took Veluca and was granted it by the King and also was mad Marshall... However this only being my second game I didnt know that being Marshall made you less likely to get granted land... So after a few turn downs I became annoyed and decleared independence when I was denied Uxkhal after I retook the town...

And so started the Kingdom of Itova... Which in its current state was spread out between Halmar, Veluca and Uxkhal... With no castles to its name and therefore very fagile... I immediately asked for peace with Swadia who at the time were luckily at war on many fronts so agreed dispite the insult... I used this temporaral peace to once again build up forces in all three of my cities... And begin attracting vassels... It was slow progress at first but slowly I built up a core of 10 vassels from the friends I had made in previous months... One smart move was to get Count Klargus to defect to Itova... Taking Suno with him...

Once I was prepared enough... I sent my best companion of to Swadia to demand tribute (a good way to get them to declear war on you without damaging your standings with your vassels), he returned with a declaration of war... But I was prepared as I had gathered my nobles before hand and immediately set out to pick off the castles that separated my cities... First to go was Grunwalder followed by Ergellon and Vyincourt... I then set off on a risky campaign across to Halmar to take Reindi and Unuzdaq and thus sorta link up my Kingdom...

I quickly secured a peace with Swadia there after and thus became my standing military policy... Quick surgical strikes and then peace... That was my new plan from here on out... This policy worked well as it gave my steady growth with limited backlash as the other factions were quick to accept peace after I have rapidly robbed them in a short week or so...

Next on my list was Dhirim which was currently owned by the Rhodoks after taking it from Swadia as Swadia's power began to crumble after I separated... Again I built up my forces and gathered my vassels and then sent of a demand for tribute which again was returned with a declaration of war... It was only a few days later that Dhirim fell to my armies and peace was restored with the Rhodoks... Sadly Senuzgda and Derchios were held by Sarranids who were my greatest supporters (high relations they were devoted lol)... So they were out of the question at the moment...

Hence came a time of peace while I built up my vassels, took on new vassels and trained and traded to keep me in the green... The Swadians in their slow decline eventually broke this peace when they decleared war... Although it was a foolish decision as it just gave me an excuse to pick up two lone castles being Kelredan and Ryibelet in a quick two week campaign... This time however with Swadia down to just Praven with Haringoth and Tevarin Castles I decided against peace and just continued to pray upon any warband they had the courage to leave Praven or the castles... Eventually after defeated each Lord numerous times I was asked for peace... In which I demanded Haringoth and recieved it...

During this time of peace the east had waged war amoung themselves meaning that now both Senuzgda and Derchios castles were owned by Vaegirs... The Vaegirs begin both at war with the Khergits and Sarranids I decided that they were easy pickings and prompt gathered my vassels at a pre war feast (good way to get them all gathered) before setting out on my first war of agression (they didnt declare war after I threatened them so I had to actually do it myself)... Myself at the head of my now 14 vassels promptly took both Senuzgda and Derchios without fuss (they had only recently been taken from the Sarranids so the Vaegirs had yet to garrision them properly) I decided to press the attack by taking Dramug but then stopped at the walls of Reyvadin which was jam packed full of Vaegir lords and hence nigh impossible to take with my current combined army... Luckily for me just after I lead my forces back to Dramug... A lone two Khergit armies galloped close to Reyvadin which in turn drew out most (around 15 or so) of the Vaegir lords... I had to jump at this opportunity of fighting the Vaegirs out on the plains (where my swadian knights dominate)... So I quickly lead my armies back and jumped in to the battle on the side of the Khergits... The battle was long lasting at least 5 separate engagements (I have my battle limit increased to 600) but eventually we defeated the Vaegirs as my whole army (all 155) were Swadian Knights and that combined with my vassels knights proved to much for the mainly infantry forces of the Vaegirs...

As the great battle ended Reyvadin lied open with a mere 300 troops remaining combined with the 10 or 20 troops of each of the escaped Vaegir troops who survived the battle... The city fell shortly after to my men... To complete the campaign I lead my men against the last remaining Vaegir Castle south of the river... Radoghir Castle... A quick victory there lead to the Vaegirs being pushed back to just Khudan and Rivacheg with a few castles (the Nords owned Curaw and the Khergits owned Yuma Castle).

At this point disaster struck... The Nords decleared war... I was totally unprepared and at the end of a long and length campaign... I immediately left only a few souls to defend my new takings and marched my army to Rindyah Castle (Nords) took that quickly and marched onto Tilbaut... I expected any day now to hear of Dhirim or Suno being taken but to my surprise the Nords seem even less prepared than I was as I was quickly able to take Tilbaut followed by Knudarr castles which nicely squared up my Kingdoms boarder... I pressed on to Jelbegi Castle but a request for peace came before I was able to take it... I agreed and finally sent my tired soldiers home...

The peace lasted until I once again got bored of feasting in Veluca... I felt that both the remaining Rhodoks and Swadians were a torn in my Kingdoms side and to make my board only one front I decided they were next on the list... First the Rhodoks... I did the same as before after declearing war I quickly took Jelkala and Ibdeles Castle... Again prefering to stay at war in order to wear them down I dispatched my vassels on their own patrols around the remaining castles of Etrosq, Culmarr and Maras... After a week or so of victories I decided to take Etrosq Castle by myself... After taking it they quickly pleaded for peace... In which I demanded Culmarr Castle and recieved it...

Now with peace and a severly weakened Rhodoks I decided to turn my attention to the remaining Swadia... Only Praven and Tevarin Castle remained... And again I sent my vassels to conduct their own campaigns around Praven and the castle... The goal to wear down their remaining vassels (in recent month there had been a mass exodus from Swadia and they were down on vassels)... I myself took Tevarin Castle and then collected my vassels for a lengthy assualt of the heavily defended Praven... As it was so defended I replaced my Knight army with an all archer army and proceeded over a series of 5 attacks to rain arrows down on the defenders... Retreat then repeat... Eventually I had inflicted enough on the defenders that a final assualt with infantry succeeded... And thus the Swadians were no more...

Later that month I also finished off the Rhodoks in a series of decisive battles outside Yalen, in which I drew out their lords into a trap of my vassels who were all sitting at the village at Reveran waiting for me to lead the enemy to them...  Once weakened I then took Yalen and thus the Rhodoks too fell into the ever growing Kingdom of Itova...

Peace again lasted for awhile as I frantically traded to keep in the green... My costs were increasing faster than my income and it was getting harder and harder to stay profitable... I needed more Lords to spread the burden... But none were coming... It was then that I decided to go around and collect companions... Giving each of the ones I could find (other than my set 9 who were in my war party... They were to important to lose) some land... I got three extra lords this way... Taking the hits with my other Lords by putting on feast after feast after feast...

I then turned my sights to the Nords... Who seemed to be collecting vassels like crazy (over half of both the Swadian and Rhodoks had gone to them) and thus had a considerable army... They needed reducing... So I set forth with my army and attacked Jelbegi Castle... Quickly followed by Tihr... It was then that I recieved word of the Nord army seiging Knudarr... I decided that I had to press on with my plan and take the loss of Knudarr if need be... So I continued to take both Hrus and Chalbek castles before turning back towards Knudarr... It seems the Nords were not in a hurry as Knudarr had still not been taken (despite it being a ladder castle) and as soon as my army neared Jelbegi I saw the Nords ahead heading back to Sargoth... I double backed with my combined armies at met them on the bridge just north of the village of Ambean... The Nord infantry caught out in the open by my Knights were lambs to the slaughter... And afterwards I quickly took both Sargoth and Tehlrog Castle... A request for peace came quickly after in which I demanded Ismirala Castle and recieved it...

New Entry
Current Holdings: Veluca, Praven, Suno, Uxkhal, Yalen, Jelkala, Tihr, Sargoth, Reyvadin, Dhirim (Capital), Halmar, Curaw, Wercheg and Rivacheg - Along with all their accompanying castles.

After a month of so of peace I got restless once more (at this point I put in a fix/tweak so that you can talk to Lord even when they are around other lords) so myself and my 150 strong Cavalry force set off to recuit more vassels so I could bolster up my army...

We first set of to the remaining Vaegir and Nord lands where numerous landless Lords were ripe for the pickings, Starting in Curaw and going through Yruma, Slezkh, Jeirbi, Alburq and eventually Wercheq talking to any Lord willing to listen. After this productive journey and some trading on the way I set back to Veluca to assess my new Nobles...

Once there I held a feast (as I generally try to do as much as possible) and sat down with my Minister to go through the options it was now that I remember that I had rewarded my previous vassels at tad to much and there was only a limited amount of land to give to all these new vassels I recently took on (in the trip I managed to sway 12 vassels to my side)... And I learnt soon thereafter that if you promise them land and dont deliver your relationship plumets...

And thus I was left with the need for more fresh unassigned land the logical choice was to finish of the Vaegirs and Nords in one foul swoop... So after the feast ended with a great host of my vassels in Veluca I ordered a new compaign and set off with an army over 2000 strong following me...

I neard Curaw after a long journey (I had to move slowly so that my vassels could keep up) the city was lightly defended and quickly fell to my mass onslaught (tactics at this point had gone out the window as my sheer numbers just simply crushed any resistance) the army moved on to Yruma followed closely by Slezkh castles which fell in quick succesion... We marched to Jeirbi next but I recieved word that some Nord Lords had seiged Curaw which I left barely defended... The army turned around and we marched back and faught more than 5 separate battles outside Curaw against a gather of Nord Jarls who had obviously hurried back from their campaign against the Sarrinads... I had at this point decided to free any captured Lords I came across to improve relations and perhaps get their service in the future...

Once again the massive Itovian War Machine marched across the bridge at Slezkh towards Jeirbi the castle quickly fell along with Alburq caslte soon there after... Pressing on to Wercheq the last Nord stronghold I realed at the gates as every Nord Lord was inside making the city a formatable fortress... I perhaps could have pressed the assualt and won but I didnt want to end the campaign so early after taking the massive amounts of damage I could expect from such an assualt... So I turned the army northwards but to my delight and the Nords stupidity a great host of the Lords chased us... Myself with an all Cavalry force quickly turned and easily outpaced the now fleeing Nord lords (who realising their mistake were now fleeing back to Wercheg) engaging them giving my vassels time to catch up and join the fight...

And thus the last remaining Lords were defeated on the open field in one major battle over serveral engagements... Leaving Wercheq rather unprotected and easily taken the following day... The army once again marched north towards Bulugha Castle my next objective in finishing off the Vaegirs... I meet the castles lord in the field and managed to convince him to join me with that business concluded all that remained was Rivacheg... I found the city rather undefended with only 400 garrisoned troops... I prompty began building a seige tower... In the next few hours a massive horde of Vaegir Lords began circling around outside... To this day I dont know why they didnt attack as Im sure they would have possibly won a great victory over my already damaged armies... But... They didnt and Rivacheg fell shortly there after...

At this point I released my vassels to presue the homeless lords of the Nords and Vaegirs... A few days later I recieved reports that the Vaegirs and Nords were no more...

With peace once again secured and a great host of new land to dish out... I galloped for Veluca... On the way I noticed that my account were almost running dry... Funding this massive Kingdom almost alone (I ruled all the towns I only gave away Castles and Villages) was ruining me and I couldnt keep it up much longer... It was then I decided to finally reward my long serving loyal vassels with rich cities... I went on a tour of all my central cities (Veluca, Suno, Praven, Uxkhal, Dhirim, Reyvadin) and decided I would move my court and capital to Dhirim whos hall and central location attracted me most... I then sent forth orders to all my city garrisons to send their top tier troops to Dhirim (Huscarls, Knights, Vaegir Marksmen - My top teirs of choice) I was going to gift the numerous Nord Vertrans, Vaegir Archers, Rhodok Sharpshooter and the like to the Vassel I would give each city to and keep only my hardened warriors of choice for myself...

Once everything was arranged at Dhirim and my court successfully moved and the garrison filled with all my elites (I distributed the un-elites from Dhirims original garrison out to other cities) I called a great feast the grandest I ever had and made sure (by tirelessly riding around) that all my vassels were there...

The hall was packed and at first moved around talking small talk with my vassels and friends before making the nights major annoucements... For it was this night that I crowned myself Emperor of the Itovian Empire... The crowd cheered and cheered even more as I began dishing out the lands we had recieved... All the new lords got either villages or castles or both... A few of my long time vassels grumbled about this but I told them to wait and see what the night may bring... After I had assigned all my villages and castles... I began to assign out all my cities aside Dhirim which was to be my capital... This greatly pleased my most loyal vassels who each recieved a city which was closest to their already established castles... The lower lords knew now that loyality is greatly rewarded in the Itovian Empire...

The feast and games ended a few days later and my vassels scattered out to over see their new holdings happy and content with the peace for the moment... I sat down with my Finance Minster and went over the accounts... However it was still grim news... Even with my tax inefficiency eliminated and even with my numerous businesses around the known world... I was still running in the red... He explained that my force of 600 Huscarls, 1500 Vaegir Marksmen and over 2000 Swadian Knights were just quite simply running me into the ground... Thus I had to face a grim situation of a massive military reduction in order to stay afloat... But all was not lost as I would gift out troops to my vassels and hopefully they would put them to good use...

I sat down with my constable to nut out a military plan... We agreed to a reduction to 500 Huscalrs and 500 Marksmen for Dhirims defence with a side role of rapid deployment to newly captured castles or cities in the future... And a force of 1000 Swadian Knights of which 500 would be on patrol around the surrounding areas (Dhirim, Derchois, Tilbaut, Senuzgha and Rendi) with 500 remaining in either garrison or with my personal force...

This plan greatly reduce my costs and I began to see profit although small in the weekly budgets... I would have to continue to trade and establish businesses (although theres not many openings left) in order to make money for equipments etc (not that I have much left to buy at this stage of the game)

And thus the Itovian Empire was named... The rest of the world quaked in fear of its massive power and its unmatched and numerous armies (I dont know exactly but I have at least 30 vassels Im sure)

P.S
Might add more... The game is getting a bit boring now as there isnt much challenge to a Empire this strong... The only factions remaining are the Khergits and Sarrinads... Both of which love me lol but still refuse to call me King grrr...

This is not (yet) about my kingdom, but I'll add here some text once I've managed to build one. (It's my first game, the default difficulty with battle size 50, the maximum my PC can handle.)

I'm a vassal of Khergit. We have grown strong, mostly thanks to my advancing forces. I've conquered many castles and towns. Swadians have been wiped out by Nords, Rhodoks and us. Sarranids only have one town left, and Vaegirs are in not much better position. Khergits have lately declared a war on Nords, planning to take some land from them too.

I'm the lady of many towns: Barriye, Durquba in the desert, Uxkhal in the plains and Reyvadin in the north. I also control the Castles of Reindi and Jameyyed. My Husband-to-be has only the castle of Uhhuh, but I don't mind because he is so brave. (And all the men controlling towns are already taken). We are just waiting to get married in a big celebration, which has been delayed by the new war with the Nords.

Currently I'm going around the world, trying to build a dyeworks in every friendly town, and gathering forces. I only accept the bravest of the swadians to be my knights, the most heroic Sarranids to be my mamelukes and the most skilled Khergits to be my horse archers. Currently I have maybe about 600 men around Calradia, most of them in the top tiers. As soon as I get married I plan to start a war with Rhodoks (at that point Khergits will be at war with everyone), empty all my towns and castles and move my men into my husbands Castle. Then I will renounce my ruler, and with my husband by my side I'm going to conquer the (hopefully still) empty Jameyyed castle and the town of Durquba. Then I will be the queen of the desert, slowly but surely expanding my Queendom.

Do you have any comments on my plans? Any obvious faults?
Should I try to host more feasts first to get my reputation up? I currently have max +16 rep with the other lords.

I was the humble daughter of a maimed sellsword, ekeing out a living trading from town to town.  I was spat on and humiliated by the mighty.  I swore to myself that I would be respected.

I labouriously built up a merchant empire and became wealthier than any lord.  I learned the art of the blade and became the scourge of every bandit in Calradia.  I swore fealty to Yaroglek of the Vaegirs when no king would lower himself to offer me a title unasked.  I became his sword, striking down the enemies of his kingdom.  I tore the beating heart from the fearful Khanate and was rewarded with land and castles throughout what was once the Khan's domain.  I left his realm a hollow shell of its former self, no more dangerous than a meek and mewling kitten, with the Vaegir war-banner flying high across the steppes.  When Yaroglek in his madness felt the glory brought to his realm was his own doing, and challenged all the kingdoms of the land in a war that could end only in disaster, I tore down his standard and raised my own, becoming arbiter of my own fate.

And still I was spat on.

The Sultan of the swift desert people led his armies out to bravely strike at the last crippled and defenseless refuge of the Khanate.  He overwhelmed them with contemptuous ease.  And he was hailed as the saviour of Calradia.  The deliverer of the civilized people from the Khergit menace.

Of me, there was no word.  The woman playing at being king.  What could she have done?

I will not be spat on.  I will not be ignored by the petty lords that squabble over this land!

They think the Khergits dead.  They think their lands safe from the scourge of the steppes. 

They are wrong.

Sanjar Khan is dead.  The Khergits live.  They live under my banner.  Now they fight.

The people of Calradia will tremble when they feel the ground shake with the thunder of a thousand horses.  They will quake when they hear the bow singing from a thousand saddles.  They will cry out in fear when they see death staring at them through a thousand cold and merciless eyes.

The Khergit are not dead. I am the Khergit!  Nations and emperors flee before me!  The demons of the steppe ride anew, and the world wails at our coming!  If I will not be respected, then I will be feared!

Valeksa, Tsar of the Khergit, ruler of the Khergit Tsarate
Narra (capital), Tulga, Halmar, Ichamur, Ahmerrad, Distar Castle, Reindi Castle, Uhhun Castle, Malayurg Castle, Rindyar Castle, Tulbuk Castle, Sungetche Castle, Asugan Castle, Samarra Castle, Nelag Castle, Yruma Castle, Radoghir Castle, Ismirala Castle, and twenty-four villages, divided among twenty-three vassals.

Annnnd double post because I didn't want to include this in the story post.

snu said:
As soon as I get married I plan to start a war with Rhodoks (at that point Khergits will be at war with everyone), empty all my towns and castles and move my men into my husbands Castle. Then I will renounce my ruler, and with my husband by my side I'm going to conquer the (hopefully still) empty Jameyyed castle and the town of Durquba. Then I will be the queen of the desert, slowly but surely expanding my Queendom.

Do you have any comments on my plans? Any obvious faults?
Should I try to host more feasts first to get my reputation up? I currently have max +16 rep with the other lords.
You don't have to evacuate your soldiers from the castles and towns you own. If you declare independence through the dialogue with your husband, all towns, castles, and attached villages that you and he own become part of your new kingdom. There's no need to re-conquer them.

More reputation would be a good idea.  How much a lord likes you factors in to how likely they are to defect when you attempt to persuade them to switch sides.

LBaeldeth said:
I was the humble daughter of a maimed sellsword, ekeing out a living trading from town to town.  I was spat on and humiliated by the mighty.  I swore to myself that I would be respected.

I labouriously built up a merchant empire and became wealthier than any lord.  I learned the art of the blade and became the scourge of every bandit in Calradia.  I swore fealty to Yaroglek of the Vaegirs when no king would lower himself to offer me a title unasked.  I became his sword, striking down the enemies of his kingdom.  I tore the beating heart from the fearful Khanate and was rewarded with land and castles throughout what was once the Khan's domain.  I left his realm a hollow shell of its former self, no more dangerous than a meek and mewling kitten, with the Vaegir war-banner flying high across the steppes.  When Yaroglek in his madness felt the glory brought to his realm was his own doing, and challenged all the kingdoms of the land in a war that could end only in disaster, I tore down his standard and raised my own, becoming arbiter of my own fate.

And still I was spat on.

The Sultan of the swift desert people led his armies out to bravely strike at the last crippled and defenseless refuge of the Khanate.  He overwhelmed them with contemptuous ease.  And he was hailed as the saviour of Calradia.  The deliverer of the civilized people from the Khergit menace.

Of me, there was no word.  The woman playing at being king.  What could she have done?

I will not be spat on.  I will not be ignored by the petty lords that squabble over this land!

They think the Khergits dead.  They think their lands safe from the scourge of the steppes. 

They are wrong.

Sanjar Khan is dead.  The Khergits live.  They live under my banner.  Now they fight.

The people of Calradia will tremble when they feel the ground shake with the thunder of a thousand horses.  They will quake when they hear the bow singing from a thousand saddles.  They will cry out in fear when they see death staring at them through a thousand cold and merciless eyes.

The Khergit are not dead. I am the Khergit!  Nations and emperors flee before me!  The demons of the steppe ride anew, and the world wails at our coming!  If I will not be respected, then I will be feared!

Valeksa, Tsar of the Khergit, ruler of the Khergit Tsarate
Narra (capital), Tulga, Halmar, Ichamur, Ahmerrad, Distar Castle, Reindi Castle, Uhhun Castle, Malayurg Castle, Rindyar Castle, Tulbuk Castle, Sungetche Castle, Asugan Castle, Samarra Castle, Nelag Castle, Yruma Castle, Radoghir Castle, Ismirala Castle, and twenty-four villages, divided among twenty-three vassals.
Filthy Khergit scum. Although you show great strenght, spirit and strategic ability, perhaps you can be my strategic advisor or a great general under my command. I don't fear you, I can't fear you, I won't fear you. But I do respect you. But until you join me; filthy Khergit scum, never actually fighting, always shooting arrows from afar and running away, then you tell your people how brave and courageous your soldiers were in the very heat of battle.

killer110 said:
Filthy Khergit scum. Although you show great strenght, spirit and strategic ability, perhaps you can be my strategic advisor or a great general under my command. I don't fear you, I can't fear you, I won't fear you. But I do respect you. But until you join me; filthy Khergit scum, never actually fighting, always shooting arrows from afar and running away, then you tell your people how brave and courageous your soldiers were in the very heat of battle.
How quaint. Is this the vaunted Swadian honour? The chivalric code of allowing another man to beat your brains in? I will have none of this.  The arrows will fly.  The horsemen will run.  Your ponderous knights shall be led on a merry chase, harassed by barbed missiles for each step they take, and when at last they can go no further, when the men grow weary in their sun-beaten steel and their armoured mounts exhausted with the weight they bear, when man and beast alike bleed white from a thousand wounds - then the Lancers close, and begin their butcher's work.

You may keep your courage.  Let your widows wail over their honourable dead men.  I will take my victory.

LBaeldeth said:
killer110 said:
How quaint. Is this the vaunted Swadian honour? The chivalric code of allowing another man to beat your brains in? I will have none of this.  The arrows will fly.  The horsemen will run.  Your ponderous knights shall be led on a merry chase, harassed by barbed missiles for each step they take, and when at last they can go no further, when the men grow weary in their sun-beaten steel and their armoured mounts exhausted with the weight they bear, when man and beast alike bleed white from a thousand wounds - then the Lancers close, and begin their butcher's work.

You may keep your courage.  Let your widows wail over their honourable dead men.  I will take my victory.
You may gain small victories but that's all you'll get while we capture your castles and towns and when it comes down to it, those who are honourable in battle are honourable everywhere and those people will have many under their banner for a righteous cause while the dishonourable and the cowardly, the Khergits, will be resented in all realms, no man will join the ranks, save for the bandits and scum who want to loot and pillage, and the people will eventually lose any allegiance to you in favour of the true heros.

I am not a Swadian, I fight for Swadia and its people, honour and pride. Your arrows will only hit our shields or our plates and when it comes down to it you shall lose your fortresses to and strongholds to us. Our King Harlaus is not a good king but he reigns over good people and you'd better hope that he lives long otherwise someone more powerful (me) will claim the throne and rule all of Calradia under one banner. But until then, watch out. THIS, IS, SWADIA!!!

killer110 said:
You may gain small victories but that's all you'll get while we capture your castles and towns and when it comes down to it, those who are honourable in battle are honourable everywhere and those people will have many under their banner for a righteous cause while the dishonourable and the cowardly, the Khergits, will be resented in all realms, no man will join the ranks, save for the bandits and scum who want to loot and pillage, and the people will eventually lose any allegiance to you in favour of the true heros.

I am not a Swadian, I fight for Swadia and its people, honour and pride. Your arrows will only hit our shields or our plates and when it comes down to it you shall lose your fortresses to and strongholds to us. Our King Harlaus is not a good king but he reigns over good people and you'd better hope that he lives long otherwise someone more powerful (me) will claim the throne and rule all of Calradia under one banner. But until then, watch . THIS, IS SWADIA!!!
Ha! You put such worth in castles, cowering behind walls of stone as you do inside your steel shells.  A castle is a mound of stones, no more.  While you fight and die under the rain of arrows to capture a heap of rocks we shall burn your farmlands to the ground.  When you turn to defend your farms and villages, we will fall upon the meagre garrison you left behind and butcher them to the last man.  While you drag your infantry and your archers clad in their heavy steel to and fro across Calradia we will shadow your every step, waiting until you tire before closing to strike.  You cannot catch us; you cannot escape us.  We need no help from the foreign lords whose aid you beg.  We are the Khergit! These are our steppes! This will be our land!

LBaeldeth said:
killer110 said:

I am not a Swadian, I fight for Swadia and its people, honour and pride. Your arrows will only hit our shields or our plates and when it comes down to it you shall lose your fortresses to and strongholds to us. Our King Harlaus is not a good king but he reigns over good people and you'd better hope that he lives long otherwise someone more powerful (me) will claim the throne and rule all of Calradia under one banner. But until then, watch . THIS, IS SWADIA!!!
Ha! You put such worth in castles, cowering behind walls of stone as you do inside your steel shells.  A castle is a mound of stones, no more.  While you fight and die under the rain of arrows to capture a heap of rocks we shall burn your farmlands to the ground.  When you turn to defend your farms and villages, we will fall upon the meagre garrison you left behind and butcher them to the last man.  While you drag your infantry and your archers clad in their heavy steel to and fro across Calradia we will shadow your every step, waiting until you tire before closing to strike.  You cannot catch us; you cannot escape us.  We need no help from the foreign lords whose aid you beg.  We are the Khergit! These are our steppes! This will be our land!
You say that we fight and die under a rain of arrows yet you forget that a rain of arrows is just like any rain when it comes to protection, with normal rain you go in the shade, with a rain of arrows you simply put your shield up. We expect you to slaughter innocent men, women and children and we are not like the other weak factions. We save those souls when we ride towards our villages with our knights and defend our lands with tooth and nails and unlike those other petty kingdoms we leave a garrison in our castles to protect our homes from evil invaders. You're just scavengers-vultures-picking your dinner when and where you want to. You say you wait till your enemies are tired and then you strike but that would be a curse because you will never strike because we never tire, we train our men to be fit and fighting, and we don't pamper them with our endless amounts of gold, so that they survive battles and live. We will catch you; we have no intention of escape-we will hunt you down. We care not for your arid, in-fertile steppes! We crush those who oppose us and we need no help from anywone except our contry men. It should be you who should be begging! You shall be defeated!! We will have victory!!!!!!

You suck  :mrgreen:

killer110 said:
You say that we fight and die under a rain of arrows yet you forget that a rain of arrows is just like any rain when it comes to protection, with normal rain you go in the shade, with a rain of arrows you simply put your shield up. We expect you to slaughter innocent men, women and children and we are not like the other weak factions. We save those souls when we ride towards our villages with our knights and defend our lands with tooth and nails and unlike those other petty kingdoms we leave a garrison in our castles to protect our homes from evil invaders. You're just scavengers-vultures-picking your dinner when and where you want to. You say you wait till your enemies are tired and then you strike but that would be a curse because you will never strike because we never tire, we train our men to be fit and fighting, and we don't pamper them with our endless amounts of gold, so that they survive battles and live. We will catch you; we have no intention of escape-we will hunt you down. We care not for your arid, in-fertile steppes! We crush those who oppose us and we need no help from anywone except our contry men. It should be you who should be begging! You shall be defeated!! We will have victory!!!!!!
You cry out for your shield to protect you, but a shield is useless when the horsemen circle and the arrows fly on all sides.  You boast of fit and fighting men when they have grown fat and weak as mewling babes on the indulgent plenty of your lands.  You swear to hunt us down, but we are as smoke, ever slipping through your fingers!  We never rest; we never tire.  From sunup to sundown shall we ride, supping on mare's blood to sustain ourselves for every conflict.  The dark tide of the steppes shall flood forth again.

Enough words!  It is time to put steel behind your boasts, Swadian.  We are coming!  Do you reckon yourself man enough to stand before us?

No, you suck. :mrgreen:

you know we could probably write a small novel using just Lbaeldeths and Killer110 posts alone, and if they ever actually got to the action instead of just talking about it, it would be quite good. Glad to see they are enjoying the game though

LBaeldeth said:
killer110 said:
You cry out for your shield to protect you, but a shield is useless when the horsemen circle and the arrows fly on all sides.  You boast of fit and fighting men when they have grown fat and weak as mewling babes on the indulgent plenty of your lands.  You swear to hunt us down, but we are as smoke, ever slipping through your fingers!  We never rest; we never tire.  From sunup to sundown shall we ride, supping on mare's blood to sustain ourselves for every conflict.  The dark tide of the steppes shall flood forth again.

Enough words!  It is time to put steel behind your boasts, Swadian.  We are coming!  Do you reckon yourself man enough to stand before us?

No, you suck. :mrgreen:
Of course your horsemen ride in circles for the don't have a true leader to guide them in the right way! You yell at us of babies yet you have never walked a step in your life, always wlking around everywhere on your lame, sway backed horses like you woud only crawl if you tried. If you try to run we will chase you down like the dogs you are! Yet you claim that you're invisincible-can't be touched-as you're like smoke and I fully agree with you, right after we burn you to a crisp in a mighty way of combat and valor! We are the Swadins you Khergit scum! We fight on forever! We fight, we bleed and we die but we never lose!!

We are coming! We shall destroy you like when the migty Swadian lion killed the "ferocious" Khergit chicken! Of course the chicken ran but the stiupid creature was destroyed in seconds! The same will happen to you, we are coming...

you suckity suck suck McSucking suck!  :mrgreen:

morphwan said:
you know we could probably write a small novel using just Lbaeldeths and Killer110 posts alone, and if they ever actually got to the action instead of just talking about it, it would be quite good. Glad to see they are enjoying the game though
Boasting's more fun!  Besides, any attempt at actual fighting will just degenerate into "I kill you!" "No I dodge!" "Well I kill 50 of your guys!" :mrgreen:

Also:

[quote author=killer110]the depraved rantings of a Swadian madman[/quote]

Swadian pig!  You dare to descend to base insults?  Now you shall truly pay!  Not even death awaits your gaunt and mangy "lion" now.  No, death is too good.  Too easy.  We will drive you before us, your broken and sobbing pretend-warriors fleeing into the arms of their mothers as we set your lands ablaze!  Your vain and prideful knights will be stripped of their honour, their dignity and their manhood, and made to whip those slow and clumsy beasts you laughably call war-chargers into ploughing the fields of our new lands!  All Calradia will hear how your fool of a king Harlaus knelt at my feet and begged - begged - I spare his lands, and because of your insults here today, I will say no!

Oh yeah, well you're a black hole of sucking!  :mrgreen:

EDIT:  Oh, and in the interests of briefly going back on-topic.  Thanks to a recent campaign against the Sarranid Sultanate I have added Durquba and six more castles into the Tsarate.  I've reached the point where the AI has started declaring war on me "to curb the growing power of the realm". :grin:

Quote from: morphwan on October 24, 2010, 10:33:14 PM

Boasting's more fun!  Besides, any attempt at actual fighting will just degenerate into "I kill you!" "No I dodge!" "Well I kill 50 of your guys!"
True.

Quote from: killer110
the depraved rantings of a Swadian madman

Swadian pig!  You dare to descend to base insults?  Now you shall truly pay!  Not even death awaits your gaunt and mangy "lion" now.  No, death is too good.  Too easy.  We will drive you before us, your broken and sobbing pretend-warriors fleeing into the arms of their mothers as we set your lands ablaze!  Your vain and prideful knights will be stripped of their honour, their dignity and their manhood, and made to whip those slow and clumsy beasts you laughably call war-chargers into ploughing the fields of our new lands!  All Calradia will hear how your fool of a king Harlaus knelt at my feet and begged - begged - I spare his lands, and because of your insults here today, I will say no!

(click to show/hide)
Haha!You think that death fears us? Soldiers of war who have seen it happen everywhere? Torture would be a challenge they'd easily accept! And we wouldn't even bother giving you pain, you're not worth it, so we'll just kill you outright. You can't strip a man's pride or dignity unless you are joined with the Khanate, maybe that's how you ended up as the dishonourable, evil slaughterer of villages you claim to be. You may call our horses slow and clumsy but I haven't seen not one of them been thrown on the dust while you're ponies die at the faintest touch of a toothpick! You won't be boasting about your greatness when you're shackled in chains in my deepest dungeons-rotting till your corpse is nothing but dust. Die you Khergit filth! Victory and glory to Swadia!!!

You're an entire universe of suck! :mrgreen:

Edit: on-topic: My kingdom, Swadia, has just taken Halmar and Narra from the Khergit Khanate (nothing to do with my "discussion" with LBaeldeth.)

morphwan said:

I find their arguments common, and apparently empty threats.
But among the songs of bards and the tales of men who fought bloody battles, emerging unscathed, and 2 rulers who fight with words rather than swords i find the last one the most intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom