Tabards and your own heraldry

Users who are viewing this thread

LarZal

Recruit
Sameth said:
I must though that this coupled with the design your own heraldry which you and your men wear on armour and shields are my two favourite so far

Yay! Someone liked my idea!

Heart.

I'm not sure if this has been up before, but here it goes.

I want M & B to incorporate a heraldry desinger like the painter in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. Nothing too fancy, perhaps a few pre-made desings and a possibility to add a picture of your own.

Now, you could only do it once you own some property. Should you belong to one of the factions, you'd have a badge (blue or red) Showing it. But I believe that the best way to implement this would be via Tabards; clothes or capes worn over the armour, and in shields. You would desing it when you create your character, and you could change it in your house, or in a menu. Both you and all your men would wear your house colours with pride

I got the idea from kingdom of heaven, and already I can visualize all my knights charging the enemy killing them wearing my colours.

Also, an idea taken from NHL-series. In the matches, the ice goes gradually from clean to really worn. You could apply it in M & B as well. Once you'd have the tabards on, they would gradually get dirtier over the course of the battle. I don't think it would be a hard thing for the devs. It shouldn't be in anway connected to the happenings in the battle, but just a generic way of making a piece of cloth dirty.

In my opinion no physics would be needed to make the tabards look good, the robe seems nice already.

Edit: I also found a great example, as done in WoW: http://www.toj.cc/wow/tabard.png

My first mental image of the imported pic was a heraldric armor with Goatse on it. Am I sick? Probably.

That's a pretty good idea. However, it would get a little hard on the eyes if you had some Swadian Knight with you with yellow and orange heraldry.

I don't think it would. There's the heraldic shield already, the palette of muted colours make even orange look pleasible.

And Worbah, yes you are. But if that's the way you'd want to play it, then fine by me. It's not a multiplayer game (luckily)

::glares at Gonz::

It's pretty easy to import your own armor into the game, check out the mods section, Hugemod in particular. I imagine it'll get even easier to add your own stuff once the tools come out.

Yea ive always had trouble trying to find my guys.. i hate have to read the little green thing at the top, could even decorate your horses armour

*Slides a note to Gonz behind Nairagorn's back*

It would be sweet for online clans,

Yea, so cool, the S and V's should have Heraldry too! mine would be a Gold Lion and a horse reared up facing eachother on a red Background, the Lion used to be the flag of England, it coms from the old Saxon flag, and the Horse/Unicorn(?) Is the sign of London.

sameth its true but lots of fin's on this forum would argue they also used the lion.. Granted england had it along way before but they still had it also.. Could be confusing, oh well we have had loads, lots of choice for us heh :lol:

No, we never said we invented it. We never said that it was Finlands exclusively. We said that it has been used by our police department, for instance.

Sameth said:
Yea, so cool, the S and V's should have Heraldry too! mine would be a Gold Lion and a horse reared up facing eachother on a red Background, the Lion used to be the flag of England, it coms from the old Saxon flag, and the Horse/Unicorn(?) Is the sign of London.

mmm this has set me thinking... my own crest would be this...

the three stars of orions belt, above that; a clenched fist with rampant impudicus

only kidding...

come on folks what would you have for your coat of arms?

It is kinda funny, the amount of finns here. I guess we are the only ones who appreciate a great indie game.

Anyway, I love the fact that someone else likes the idea as well.
Not half as hard to implement as Multiplayer or Two-weapon fighting. It's easy. Everyone will love you for the rest of your life and will buy any game you'll make for gazillion bucks if you implement this thang. Purritty pleez?
Armagan, trust me, I'm a busdriver. (Not really, IRL a nerdy high school kido.)

It would add to the atmosphere

So.. What do you say, will I see heraldry implemented in the next version or not? :lol:

My Heraldry would be a boar's head, like the Motorhead warboar. It's been done before but most people go with dragons, eagles, and lions. To me most people are much more like pigs.

Actually, Finland's lion device does originate to Folkungas, a line of kings of Sweden. The oldest known instance of it is in Gustaf Wasa's tombstone in Uppsala, dated to 1580.

But lion has been used as a device even B.C., so even that is pretty late.

Boar's head: It has been used as a device. At least the Svinhufvud family has it as a device.

Mine, hm. *looks at avatar* Perhaps I'd just leave the sun off, so I wouldn't have metal on metal.

weltonia said:
sameth its true but lots of fin's on this forum would argue they also used the lion.. Granted england had it along way before but they still had it also.. Could be confusing, oh well we have had loads, lots of choice for us heh :lol:

Poland did as well, but the colours were all different even just in a subtle way, the poles had a red lion on a white back ground and the English ether had one rearing up, the flags often used in war and 3 lions in a row docile in peace.

Back
Top Bottom