Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Perhaps editing the Arena, since now one can waltz in there with full battle regalia in late to mid game, the shirtless hordes of native having donned armor and better weapons are still a tad to easy to defeat. Maybe adding better monetary rewards, or perhaps even small amounts of renown. In the early game fighting in the arena is near impossible to win against the forty or so armed soldiers, with peasant level weaponry, unless one imported their own, cheated stats character, or hard earned powerhouse fighter. The arena seems more challenging to make money in early game, and with bandit sizes as they are, it proves difficult to make a larger amount of cash. And I've noticed through playing that there are tons of bandit camps everywhere. I even went through a small mountain pass, and there were seven individual bandit camps all shoved into a small area. Let alone the Northern area of Africa, where their are numerous desert bandit camps swamping the area.

Kronsire said:
Perhaps editing the Arena, since now one can waltz in there with full battle regalia in late to mid game, the shirtless hordes of native having donned armor and better weapons are still a tad to easy to defeat. Maybe adding better monetary rewards, or perhaps even small amounts of renown. In the early game fighting in the arena is near impossible to win against the forty or so armed soldiers, with peasant level weaponry, unless one imported their own, cheated stats character, or hard earned powerhouse fighter. The arena seems more challenging to make money in early game, and with bandit sizes as they are, it proves difficult to make a larger amount of cash. And I've noticed through playing that there are tons of bandit camps everywhere. I even went through a small mountain pass, and there were seven individual bandit camps all shoved into a small area. Let alone the Northern area of Africa, where their are numerous desert bandit camps swamping the area.
The huge amount of bandit lairs is a known bug, why don't you people look at the bug topic before posting?

Well because this is Europe and medieval era, i think they should have special mercenaries. Like Scandinavian axe mercenaries or pict warriors etc etc. Im tired of either have a not so good levy, expensive retainers or ok mercenaries. At one point my weeky payment way 14k and to be honest man at arms and bachelors arent worth there weekly payment... There should also be more retainers than just 2 kinds. Now i know this is alot but it would give the mod alot more variety im just tired of the same old mercenaries. Thanks

Firstly good work on a promising mod.  :cool: It is very good even if it is just the alpha.

Concern and wish is for the combat ai to fuction better. What i mean is derived from this statement:

England/France - Strong cavalry, mediocre about everything else.
Scotland - All rounder. Not excellent in anything not bad at anything.
Ireland - Fantastic in skirmish/harashment. Almost all units will throw something at their enemies before battle. No crossbows, almost no archers, poor cavalry.
Norway - Godly infantry, their hirdmen are not to be messed with. Little cavalry but the few they have are okay.
Aragon/Castille/Leon/Portugal - Much like England and France, but with more focus on light cavalry and skirmish tactics.
Almohads - Fantastic all-rounder, great infantry and cavalry, decent archers. Got heavy cavalry, heavy infantry (which nobody else than Castille got), light cavalry, horse archers. More emphasis of horses than any other nation.

As the ai is fighting at the moment is always a head on attack, but this means that nations such as the irish, the spanish states and portugal has no real chance to use their streangth.

I am strictly speaking ai vs ai, in other words when you freelance.

I suggest a revamp of the tourney system. Firstly, I think there should be two types of tournament - a great big melee and jousting. However, you can't compete in both. If you are a commoner, then you could only participate in the melees, while as a noble you compete in the jousting. The melees would be great big 32/64 men affairs. However, there would be some sort of unified equipment, say on each team you would get 2 cavalry, 4 foot and 2 archers, instead of having a whole team of cavalry and a whole team of archers as you may have in native (I am comparing to native as I think the tournament system in Blue Blood is currently buggy/barely looked at).

The jousting, while not historically accurate (I think), would be quite fun and stop the stupid native one on one fights where you start right next to eachother with lances and can't fight at all, or you have a bow and are against a cavalry man coming to eat your face off. The jousting would be quite hard to implement with the bots, but if pulled through would be AMAZING. :grin:

A simple thing that i said in the wrong post before: More skins.

I think thats not hard to do but i didnt see no one speaking of it. If you add more skins to the characters (not only for the player but new faces to Lords too) would be awesome.

I would prefer, if you enlist in an army as a normal soldier and your lord (leader of your army) join a battle where another lord is involved (for example: you are a scottish clansman in the Kings Army and your Army join a fight between a scottish lord and an irish one...) and your side wins the battle, that you as an "regular footman" dont rise in the relation to the other scottish lord. Cause its somewhat unrealistic if your just an "regular footman" that the other lord thank you for helping in the last moment. Cause your just an soldier... he should thank your army commander (the king) and not you as a unknown "peasant". (sry for my bad english but i hope you will understand what i'm trying to say)

I'd prefer if you had longer troop trees and required more experience to the next level when freelancing for a lord. It's kinda unrealistic when the lord hands you a promotion every couple days and you reach the top of his/her ranks in less than a month.

As a enlisted soldier, I'd like to have a certain stats that I need in order to rank up. "Level x required, STR y, Agi b" To Scottish Warrior.

Bennoman1 said:
he jousting would be quite hard to implement with the bots, but if pulled through would be AMAZING. :grin:

I'm not sure if it's that hard? Just create a map with one line that the bot can use to ride on, thus keeping it on the track.. But the problem is that the one with longer reach would mostly win, or the one who uses the crouch.

I think ships should be faster than making thine way on thy feet.

I suggest increasing the amount of food in a single "item." Like, instead of 50/50 bread, it's 100/100. It seems like my men are ravenously hungry 24/7, and 30 guys eat through a ton of food fast. I can see an actual army of over 100 men burning through food quickly, but my small party is packing on some serious pounds by now.

Dent said:
I suggest increasing the amount of food in a single "item." Like, instead of 50/50 bread, it's 100/100. It seems like my men are ravenously hungry 24/7, and 30 guys eat through a ton of food fast. I can see an actual army of over 100 men burning through food quickly, but my small party is packing on some serious pounds by now.

I don't have the same problem, instead I am packing up with food covering half of my inventory, even though I have +4 in inventory management.

before adding new features fix the bugs whether its freelancer diplomacy or the mod itself wutever, there are really a big big bunch of bugs, thats my lil suggestion, if youre gona say this is a fl bug then dont add fl  :neutral: see brytenwalda its perfect  :shock: .. i know this kind of post isn't welcome but i think its the most useful suggestion.

Actually, they can't just put everything on hold in order to fix scripts, everyone got their own "jobs" One is creatind models, the other one is creating maps where the battles occur etc. You get the point? So with that beind said, I don't think they can just stop developing and wait for one guy to find and fix all the bugs, why not just do everything a bit by bit. It's an early version so just hold your pants.

well you seem to have very little knowledge, as most of the models in this mod are OSP's, which isnt something bad by the way, they use good ones , and the battle scenes are randomly generated....

Gambino said:
before adding new features fix the bugs whether its freelancer diplomacy or the mod itself wutever, there are really a big big bunch of bugs, thats my lil suggestion, if youre gona say this is a fl bug then dont add fl  :neutral: see brytenwalda its perfect  :shock: .. i know this kind of post isn't welcome but i think its the most useful suggestion.
You might want to reconsider knocking folks for their apparent lack of knowledge if you're going to compare a relatively new, alpha mod to one that has been out for a very long time with a team of folks polishing it.  Unless a bug in an OSP mod is game-breaking, or the bug is an inconsistency between your mods, it is often more time efficient and easier for version updating to let the original creators fix their own projects.  If the original mod is no longer being supported then it makes sense to fix any inconsistencies.  Diplomacy & freelancer don't quite fit that category just yet.

That said, the mod has some excellent ideas.  I look forward to seeing where it progresses and wish your team the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom