Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Blacksmith (and Horse trainer) - to upgrade gear (and horses)

Because finding 12 spirit horses and sets of lordly gear is tedious and involves a lot of loading and saving. (plus 9 more sets for your companion lords)

I've done it but I have 480 days played, and rolling around with 11 companions decked out with lordly gear is so fun.

Why would you need spirit horses for your companion lords when they have the Forlorn Hope or Barclay Sappers defending them?  :lol:

No seriously, i find that giving Donovan a spirit horse rather than a charger rather disturbing, but hey everyone s entitled to their opinions.

Back on topic, if i had more information on the Radiant Cross camp, i could make a suggestion....*hint hint*

Bravado said:

Because finding 12 spirit horses and sets of lordly gear is tedious and involves a lot of loading and saving. (plus 9 more sets for your companion lords)

I've done it but I have 480 days played, and rolling around with 11 companions decked out with lordly gear is so fun.

+1

Something that can upgrade items to lordly/masterwork/champion would be awesome. To compensate the obvious advantage that this would bring this feature should be a bit expensive, lets say 150% of the price in the store.

Aure said:
Bravado said:

+1

Something that can upgrade items to lordly/masterwork/champion would be awesome. To compensate the obvious advantage that this would bring this feature should be a bit expensive, lets say 150% of the price in the store.

Maybe in addition to price - there could be resources needes aswell. Im thinking like the metal scraps from TLD for example.

@aure I agree that upgrading an armor to lordly should be more expensive than just buying it, however some gear is already ludicrously expensive, like the Reinforced Nodor Rune Armor so perhaps no merchant discount alone is enough of a price premium.

@aguds another example is tools and iron from SOD

@spartan012 Donovan is not one of my companions, but Sara is, and all my companions use spirit horses and Jatu lances. They're killing machines. I also have several ruby runed axes, but they don't use them as much judging from weapon skill.
pendorsara.jpg

Please do not ruin this great mod with cheap upgrades and instant gratification.  What makes POP so great is its balance and playability from beginning to the late game.  Most other mods including Native get boring because it's just too easy once you reach mid game.  Anything that powers up the player has to be countered by making the game more difficult somehow, especially late game when it's not that much of a challenge still.

If you are going to give someone the ability to upgrade horses and armor, I'd make them use a Qualis Gem to do so.  Expanding what you can do with a Qualis Gem would be great, but make sure you can't get something TOO great with a Qualis Gem.  And if there is something really awesome, make it 3 or 5 Qualis Gems to get. 

azxcvbnm321 said:
Please do not ruin this great mod with cheap upgrades and instant gratification.  What makes POP so great is its balance and playability from beginning to the late game.  Most other mods including Native get boring because it's just too easy once you reach mid game.  Anything that powers up the player has to be countered by making the game more difficult somehow, especially late game when it's not that much of a challenge still.

If you are going to give someone the ability to upgrade horses and armor, I'd make them use a Qualis Gem to do so.  Expanding what you can do with a Qualis Gem would be great, but make sure you can't get something TOO great with a Qualis Gem.  And if there is something really awesome, make it 3 or 5 Qualis Gems to get.

How about a quest to find a hidden forge? That you can only find in the very late game. Then, you have to spend qualis gems to raise the armor one level.

If anything, the game needs be to made harder at the end to give the player a challenge and something to do once he has all his honor troops and so forth.  I suggest the following, how about [Villain Name] The Brainwasher with his army of 400 Noldor Twilight Knights that you have to fight without help from your lords?  It can be scripted as a quest so that this army doesn't attack and isn't attacked by anyone else like the Jatu Army Quest.  That will prevent the army from becoming too large and impossible.  A scripted dialogue could explain the lords' reaction.  Lord X: Umm, I just remembered that I promised my wife I would spend more time with her.  She'll kill me if I don't.  I'll be back soon...".  "Uh, yeah, you know I just got this message from one of my village elders, there's an emergency that I have to take care of right away".  The player is expected to fight this army several times and destroy it through attrition.  This will be fair even for hardcore players because they can just leave their most valuable equipment at one of their castle chests.  Finally the player will win and there should be no option to kill [Villain Name] because that will set up the final battle where the player will have to assault a castle stocked by a mix of 600 Twilight Knights, Doomguides and Hero Adventurers or whatever top top level troops that are available in POP 4.0.  Again the player will likely have his entire army destroyed several times and then have to rebuild in order to conquer this castle (the ramp should be somewhat wide, not single ladder as to give the player a chance).  If possible, the player should have to face the villain in an one on one battle inside the castle without any help from his companions.  The villain should have better stats than a Twilight Knight, but not so high that it'll be impossible for the player to win this final battle.  That will give an incentive for the player to use Qualis Gems to pump his own stats up and he can use his very best equipment.

Basically this is to remind the player that he is playing Prophecy of Pendor, and no matter how awesome he thinks he is and how powerful he thinks his army is, there is always someone more badass and better in this realm.  Not recommended for beginners!

azxcvbnm321 said:

Some players will always wanting to keep things the same and block progress.  Obviously, upgrading certain gear should be very expensive.  Have you seen how expensive good lordly gear on a merchant is? Check out Quigfen's shop.

And contrary to what you say, allowing gear to be upgraded would not change end game balance that much.  Check out my chara - 100% legit. I've gone through 20-30 qualis gems. Most of my companions have ruby runed weapons and I've also used a bunch on upgrading my chara.

Meanwhile, I would like the possibility of making this ragged Demonskin armor I picked up worth something. Because it vendors for just peanuts but a lordly version might increase my armor by a few points.

If you think that having, say, lordly Demonskin armor, in the game makes it too easy for you, simply don't use the said Blacksmith. Don't remove that option for everyone else that plays and might enjoy it. 

azxcvbnm321 said:
If anything, the game needs be to made harder at the end to give the player a challenge and something to do once he has all his honor troops and so forth.
What you're asking for is for the game to scale better because not everyone would be at the same level of kickassness with the same amount of time. 

You might have a huge army of honor troops @ 400 days played but another player may not have taken a fief at that time yet.

Maybe have the game detect how large your army is and its average level and generate enemies accordingly. If it's possible

why not instead just make it a quest you start, and the giver actively warns you that you will need at least xxxx amount of honour troops

1. Shield worn on back of NPC soldier would protect him from arrows, javelins etc.

2. Better hitboxes (or real size of shield I don' know what the issue is, oooor maybe it is given by individual shield skill?)

For example: When you want to shoot enemy in to legs, many times it is deflected by his shield, which isn't even covering them... . Same goes to area near shield as hands etc.

Twogs fi Dhorl said:
1. Pretty sure its in the game

2. This is because of the shield skill, which extends the shields sphere of deflection :wink:

@1 - If you're that much "pretty sure", can you please tell me, where IT is in the game... kind sir?

@2 - Well, doesn't matter what is causing it, I just put up my suggestion to nerf that.

Rebellion

Like when a certain faction has a lot of lords who are upset with the leader, instead of them sitting there mad or just leaving the faction, perhaps allow them to start a rebellion if there is enough upset lords?

Extor said:
Rebellion

Like when a certain faction has a lot of lords who are upset with the leader, instead of them sitting there mad or just leaving the faction, perhaps allow them to start a rebellion if there is enough upset lords?

Great idea! How do you think the rebellion should manifest itself? With a rogue faction claimant-type rebellion, or with some kind of unique spawn akin to Wolfbode and his like?

aguds said:
Extor said:
Rebellion

Great idea! How do you think the rebellion should manifest itself? With a rogue faction claimant-type rebellion, or with some kind of unique spawn akin to Wolfbode and his like?

Combined with the Claimant quests it would be really cool, so that the mad lords rebel and choose the pretender of that faction to lead their cause against the incumbent king. Would create a new twist to the claimant quest if the loser in this war doesn't leave the game but goes into exile like the claimants at the start of the game (sucking up to the other kingdoms) Constant threat of civil war in the kingdoms would be interesting, but should not trigger too often.

medusa said:
aguds said:
Extor said:
Rebellion

Combined with the Claimant quests it would be really cool, so that the mad lords rebel and choose the pretender of that faction to lead their cause against the incumbent king. Would create a new twist to the claimant quest if the loser in this war doesn't leave the game but goes into exile like the claimants at the start of the game (sucking up to the other kingdoms) Constant threat of civil war in the kingdoms would be interesting, but should not trigger too often.

Ya i was thinking like when a certain number of lords are angry the claimant would muster their own army or like send a message to the player asking for his help. No idea how hard that would be but sounded like a good idea to me :smile:

Back
Top Bottom