Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Some clothing that doesn't make me look like a rich bastard would be awesome.
The War Veteran should have a knife instead of a sabre (or just no melee weapon altogether)
Smoke should be much thinner and linger much longer.

There's my 2(3?) cents :smile:

Sandbox servers. Not as in servers with creative mode on, but servers running normally with player police rather than admin police. Essentially this mode would just mean that 'randoming' is allowed. Obviously this would create a few problems, but it would allow for the organic creation of communities which would involve some players helping each other out and trying to survive. Randoming individuals would end up killing each other quite often; or might occasionally create organised bandit gangs with camps. This way admins wouldn't need to solve all the 'someone killed me and I am not happy about this' complaints they're bound to get normally. This would also provide more of an incentive to create fortified towns and have people defending them. Maybe some rules on spawnkilling may need to be thought up, but I think a proper sandbox mode would be far better than the petty squabbles that always break out on the supposed 'Roleplay' severs.

****er said:
Sandbox servers. Not as in servers with creative mode on, but servers running normally with player police rather than admin police. Essentially this mode would just mean that 'randoming' is allowed. Obviously this would create a few problems, but it would allow for the organic creation of communities which would involve some players helping each other out and trying to survive. Randoming individuals would end up killing each other quite often; or might occasionally create organised bandit gangs with camps. This way admins wouldn't need to solve all the 'someone killed me and I am not happy about this' complaints they're bound to get normally. This would also provide more of an incentive to create fortified towns and have people defending them. Maybe some rules on spawnkilling may need to be thought up, but I think a proper sandbox mode would be far better than the petty squabbles that always break out on the supposed 'Roleplay' severs.

Doesn't seem like a very good environment for the serious/hardcore roleplayers.

Domhnall mac Raghnaill said:

I disagree 'serious/hardcore' suggests that they would enjoy the idea of realism in their game. I don't like how people say there needs to be a 'roleplay reason' to kill somebody when it's perfectly understandable that, particularly in the wild west, people of low moral fibre could quite easily kill for money and resources. Realistically it's what it always comes down to; the reason for practially every single war throughout history. Doing away with the 'roleplay' reasons will paradoxically add more authenticity to the roleplaying, making it all the more special.

****er said:

I disagree 'serious/hardcore' suggests that they would enjoy the idea of realism in their game. I don't like how people say there needs to be a 'roleplay reason' to kill somebody when it's perfectly understandable that, particularly in the wild west, people of low moral fibre could quite easily kill for money and resources. Realistically it's what it always comes down to; the reason for practially every single war throughout history. Doing away with the 'roleplay' reasons will paradoxically add more authenticity to the roleplaying, making it all the more special.
That does sound like fun

Placeable item racks for shops. I'm not entirely sure about how they would work but it could be similar to crafting benches, but be owned by the player that built them. I wa thinking you would select it and a list of weapons/clothing would appear like in a crafting bench. There would be an option to buy and sell.

The grand result would be An Economy 100x Better Than PW's

I see the following happening:
Miners, hunters, and lumberjacks havest raw materials and store them in there respective shacks. Traveling merchants traveling to and from towns to these mining, hunting, and logging camps, buying resources with money. The traveling merchants go to towns and sell these resources to shopkeepers. The shopkeepers manufacture weapons, clothing, etc. They then go to the racks in their shops and sell the item (similar to engineers in PW). Lawmen, bounty hunters, and guards go and buy weapons and ammo from the shops. Everyone buys food and water from shops/saloons. Those nasty outlaws go around robbing people and stealing stuff. Lawmen fight the outlaws. Lawmen and normal people hire bounty hunters to kill outlaws. Due the risk of being killed by outlaws people hire mercenary guards to protect them. The lawmen, guards, and bounty hunters, make money from the enemies they killed. Traveling
merchants form caravans to protect themselves. If Indians are ever added as a class, they make everything themselves and kill all the white people and raid and loot settlements.
:grin: THE PERFECT ROLEPLAY!!!  :grin:

there needs to be a universal class. and as for indians i was thinking there could be a random spawn that rampages the country side.

My suggestion to several additional features in prop builder:

1) Edge Attachment =  would strongly suggest that there should be 'Attach Edge' features in building prop.  When you want to 'attach" 2 prop edge,  you would be able to easily 'put together 2 prop" by choosing the edge of prop making it very efficient for building bridges and buildings.  So say, you would place a wood prank and make duplicated copy of other prank.  You move second prank edge into 'range" of other prank edge detector, you would click on "attach" button to attack 2 pranks on where their edge are.

2) Edge Transformation - After using Edge Attachment, you should be able to rotate any prop while prop are still attacked to edge.  Instead of rotating prop while base is on 'center' of prank, it would shift into 'edge' that is attacked to other edge making it easier for you to rotate any prop into any directions.

What do anyone think of this features?  I think this would help prop builder big time.

Eagle out...

Citizen_Kane said:
  Good point there Morgana.

Have you moved to TWW and left PW?

No it wasn't really a good point, I'm a meanie :sad:

I could never leave my beloved PW, however when TWW is more accessible I suspect I will be one among few ladies adding a few roles beside whore? Speaking of, I'm not sure what kind of clothing we can look forward to but an emphasis on some variety would be MARVELOUS. Women in particular could use a range between very showy dresses to farming clothes. Men of course will be the primary focus, but they could use some stuff too. I'm sure a trench coat and classic hat will become the pilgrim hood and disguise of TWW.

****er said:

'

I have to say that letting people kill without reason other than "My character is just that kind of person" is just asking for grief. In my experience as a PW mod for the past months has shown that if you leave a loophole that can be abused by griefers, griefers will abuse it. I can foresee people going around killing anyone they see without a second thought and then claiming "My character is just a stone cold killer". And then continuing to do the same as soon as they die and respawn.

It would work if it were a closed server of people who knew they would lose access if they ever got caught and it had a small population, but on a server that is open to the public, it just can't work. You'll constantly get people complaining about admins not doing anything about the people that just go around killing people without any RP.

Citizen_Kane said:
But for that you actually need towns, which no one is really making yet. Good idea though.

Not true. I've been a part of three towns in the past two days.

I've made plenty of towns and forts. You just have to be patient and learn how to build and it can be a lot of fun and you can make entire houses and ****.

Apoca is really good at building saloons. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom