Suggestions about new items

Users who are viewing this thread

guspav

Section Moderator
Are there other OSPs that could fit the mod well? Can you think of a really cool new magical item?
drop your suggestions here!

Drawing some inspiration from Roguelikes and D&D:

Not sure if it would be possible through scripting, but a weapon similar to the Magebane enchantment from D&D. It would be an anti mage weapon, dealing below average damage to anything with 0 Magic Power. However, the more Magic Power the target has, the more damage it does. Something with 5 Magic Power might take an additional 10 armor piercing damage, while it could destroy Magic Power 10 archmages in comparatively few hits. Likely would be best as a melee weapon, such as a sword, as otherwise it would be far too easy to simply pick off mages at a distance with a relatively accurate bow as they fling spells in futility.

Magicbane would be a 1 handed dagger, borrowing from the Nethack universe. In addition to providing a small bonus to Magic Defense, upon hit at a 40% chance, it applies a random status effect, ranging from stun to fear, and applying a small amount of additional damage per effect. The effects could be those already incorporated into the mod; Fear, Chaos, Acid Damage (a la Acid Arrow), Turn Undead, Dispel, and Charm or new effects such as adding a health bar above the enemy when hit, a la Floris mod (if possible), akin to the Probe effect from Nethack. Mount & Blade tends to treat daggers as mere backup weapons, so some diversification in available weapons would be awesome.

Some form of two handed Axe or Greatsword, possibly a Warhammer, that could only be swung (no stabby bits, so a flat point greatsword), with a sort of Cleaving effect that would require large amounts of strength to wield (25, like the Maul of the Titans, or possibly 30). The Cleave effect would allow it to deal a small portion of damage delivered on the initial strike to 2-3 nearby enemies, somewhat narrowing the gap between mages and dedicated fighters in their abillity to take on large amounts of troops en masse. Or make it not differentiate between enemies or allies; a berserker doesn't.

What about magical music instruments which provide various bonus to Entertainment skill, success chance of performing, results of performing, etc?

1h sword that can match the sun blade/vorpal blade but aren't stupid 1h/2h items that sucks when you use them single handed.

Alternatively, make them switchable using X, like the bardiches or the throwing javelins, that way you can customize the stats of both item version.

What? No they don't, granted its been a while since I haven't played it for a while.

Ruby sword ftw, but its pure 1h.

More items like Boots of Speed, Bag of Holding (increases inventory space), Belt of Giant/Ogre Strength (basically the plate armor item with belt on top of it), potions that can permanently increase your stats (though I don't know if this is possible to implement into the game) that you could get from hard, and long quest lines or unique drops from very strong enemies.

swordEnthusiast said:
potions that can permanently increase your stats (though I don't know if this is possible to implement into the game) that you could get from hard, and long quest lines or unique drops from very strong enemies.

Really short books that look like potions.
edit: Also, I guess a bag of holding can work as a "trade item" that gives you +X inventory management?

Also, here's a list of some crazy item ideas from me.

• A mail-reinforced jester costume, for bards (and crazy assassins).
  • Some armour formerly worn by a dead outcast angel who went on a one-man crusade against evil. Wearing it will allow you to go berserk.
  • Wizard-plate armour and wizard-helmets. Somewhere inbetween the high-end wizard robes and the beastly Twilight armour.
  • Some nice pistols and blunderbusses for the close range fireworks, alchemist guns or bullets that use strange magical elements. Handcannons.
  • Ranged staffs or wands. I was thinking of staff "guns" that shoot a weak magic spell, can't use bullets as ammo, and instead just have "one bullet" that has a big "magazine". Polearm/"Firearm". I think that's codable...
  • And that same coding idea, for a magical energy bow. You know. Hank, the Ranger. From the D&D cartoon. Can't use arrows as ammo, and only has "one arrow" with a big "magazine".
  • A hand ballista. For those 30 strength warriors that want a really big siege crossbow.
  • A "cantrips" staff. It might not be a very strong weapon, but it boosts magic and entertainment. For the bard wizards.
  • For those who visited Anor Lando... a giant longbow. That shoots javelin-sized arrows. You better spec in 15 powerdraw though. But don't tell anyone you leveled that.
  • Explosive arrows? Glue arrows? Poison arrows? The new items and spells could turn in some nice magical arrows too.
  • A poisoned lance that boosts necromancy, or a necromantic crossbow? Both? It makes sense to play a wizard-necromancer, but some nice necromancy boosting weapons could make warrior-necromancers viable. Or (evil) cleric-necromancers.
  • A beautifully decorated shield or banner that boosts entertainment and persuasion for warrior-bards.
  • A crystal polearm that can be thrown. And returns magically.
  • There might not be dragons in Phantasy Calradia (yet), but a dragon-slaying lance/spear would still be fun. Absurd high strength requirements, very heavy, hits like a nuke, and is crazy-long. After all, it's for hunting dragons.
  • A ghostly knight axe or warhammer that counts as stealthy. For the people that want something that's stealthy but isn't a sword or dagger.
  • A dwarven polehammer or spear or lance with a big mechanical drill on it. No fancy magic but it has insane penetrating damage.
  • For the people that like to crush blocks and destroy shields, a huge demonic bardiche that lives - and hungers for blood, flesh and bone marrow.
  • After seeing the Spiritual Hammer, I really would like to see some kind of thought-forged javelins or other weapons. Maybe make them additional cleric spells, or perhaps make them mental weapons that scale their damage with intelligence? Lighting javelins for clerics?
  • The martial wizards that don't like staffs can maybe get a greatsword used for planar travel? Infused with arcane energy, it boosts magic as it cuts, distorts and phases through the planes. Randomly causes additional damage to enemies around you in a radius when you swing as it phases in and out of existence striking foes outside range. Or just turn it into a moonlight blade, hahahah.
  • For the anti-paladin players, a sword or mace that torments the people good of heart.
  • And last but not least. For the stealthy wizards and necromancers. A magical dagger.

My personal favourite ideas are the paladin-berserker armour, the bard gear, the hand ballista, the giant bow, the planar greatsword, the magical arrow quivers and the wizard-plate.

Oh man, really nice stuff  :grin:

For the anti-paladin players, a sword or mace that torments the people good of heart.

kind of unique Sauron's mace ? with changed name, it would be nice  :twisted:

Love your ideas, especially:
-wizard-plate and weapons (something good for battle-mages, really want orcish and sarranid armor of that kind)
-jester costume (because of Cicero from Skyrim I know it's cool, wanna be psychopatic assassin)
-special arrows (maybe with blue light too, you know, they turns blue  :lol: )
-necro-crossbow (don't know why, but crossbow is weapon that perfectly fit for bad guys. Poisoned lances would fit for Zombie Knights)
-guns (nothing to explain, more guns more fun)
-dragon hunter lance (I love all maybe not practical but lore-making stuff)

To be honest, i like all ideas but this post would be too long  :grin:

Some items from me:
-poisoned throwing daggers
-dual flaming blades (that would look epic)
-unique mounts for factions (elves have unicorns, orcs have wargs but others ?)
*delthersam - skeletal horse, zombie horse (mentioned by somebody), shadow horse (looks like Nazgul horse with red eyes and all that scary stuff)
*demons - nightmare
*dwarfs - pony
*drows - raptor or other kinds of lizards or both
-more diversity in horses (for the sake of the certain region climate too), camels for desert bandits. Also I would like to see frost wolf and wolf as mounts but maybe for some new minor faction/s.

Nah, no ponies for dwarves. Give dwarves boars to ride. It's a mount, and if you end up on an uninhabited desert island, it's food too!
Also, I think Drow would work best with spider mounts, since the D&D Drow love spiders.
Dinosaurs, lizards... I guess they work best as neutral mounts that I dunno, are sold at the Wizard Tower? I mean, those things in D&D are always True Neutral.
I assume that camels are in some OSP somewhere, because there are a lot of mods using camels.
I wonder if those funky new Perisno mounts are from an OSP, I hear they have dragons, an armoured dinosaur and woolly rhinos. (Also elephants, but Floris has elephants too so that's not really new.)

Hood of deception (as "Cloak of Deception" in Tales of Maj'eyal: http://te4.org/wiki/Cloak_of_Deception).
It is disguised undead (lich player) for humans. In game it cancel collective hate to player-lich of common factions while worn.
Characteristics and appearance may be like hood of void. And price like 50000 money or more.  :smile:
It's very usefull and very-very necessary item!

emian said:
Hood of deception (as "Cloak of Deception" in Tales of Maj'eyal: http://te4.org/wiki/Cloak_of_Deception).
It is disguised undead (lich player) for humans. In game it cancel collective hate to player-lich of common factions while worn.
Characteristics and appearance may be like hood of void. And price like 50000 money or more.  :smile:
It's very usefull and very-very necessary item!

Whoooo! A fellow TOME player! Nice. Yes, TOME has some very interesting items. The Spectral Blade, the Spellblaze Shard, the Unerring Scalpel, the Tooth of the Mouth, The River's Fury. That one shield that can cast ice spells when enemies hit it... forgot it's name...

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Nah, no ponies for dwarves. Give dwarves boars to ride. It's a mount, and if you end up on an uninhabited desert island, it's food too!
Also, I think Drow would work best with spider mounts, since the D&D Drow love spiders.
Dinosaurs, lizards... I guess they work best as neutral mounts that I dunno, are sold at the Wizard Tower? I mean, those things in D&D are always True Neutral.
I assume that camels are in some OSP somewhere, because there are a lot of mods using camels.
I wonder if those funky new Perisno mounts are from an OSP, I hear they have dragons, an armoured dinosaur and woolly rhinos. (Also elephants, but Floris has elephants too so that's not really new.)

Spiders would have 4 non-animated legs and that's why I omitted them  :/ Oh, shaggy ponies for dwarfs would be soooo cuuute  :mrgreen: but boars would be ok too  :grin:

I think the Warsword team just "glued" some legs together for the goblin spider mounts in the Warsword mod. Phantasy Calradia already has glue flasks, so that shouldn't be too hard.  :lol: Also, I don't think you'll survive calling a dwarf on a pony cute.

Perhaps ponies AND boars? Ponies for flanking cavalry, and boars for heavy cavalry? Or save the ponies for gnome cavalry, if the gnomes ever get (mercenary) units.

Back
Top Bottom