[Suggestion] Building times and options.

What do you think should be done?

Votes: 32 22.7%

Votes: 7 5.0%

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • All of above

Votes: 80 56.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think all the initial suggestions should be implemented. I would like to see the towns turn into something more.

The villages should be able to grow and build faster, that said, it takes many years to grow. Even if you have the construction capacity, it takes people to fill a town. As for fortify the towns, that is what the castle is for. The towns, farms and wealth of the land is all out in the open. Fortifying a town is simply giving the invader reason to kill all the villagers inside.

The problem with lots of upgrades for a town is time. This game is very slow paced for time that passes. In a few years, nothing major could be expected to happen in terms of growth with all these short bouts of war. Wars were typically years in length. As much as I would like to see a whole bunch of building options added at a more realistic price, it just isn't practical for a war torn place such as Calridia.

That is one thing I dont like about the game. 1 day and some to travel the map. People who hate each other as much as they say dont live that close and not kill. If that was the real world, I would give it 3 years before unification or extermination occurred.

The only time I'm in a town/city on foot if not to talk to an elder is to kill someone. That said, It is a little annoying how you can't kill people in a town unless its a battle. The guards tell you not to start trouble. You couldn't even if you wanted to. No hostile take overs from the inside out.

Sir Pwn-A-Lot said:
This really bugged me since original MnB. You spend a crapload of money and time to gain absolutely useless upgrades. And I support more options.

-Drill yard trains soldiers every two nights. (and maybe allowing you to do sparring like on training grounds)
-Armoury stops soldiers running out of ammo in sieges.
-Chapel/Or other religious buildings giving a morale bonus to troops in the settlement.
-Farmland increase income and stops population becoming hungry.
-Merchants quarter reduces price for items in the city.

- Blacksmith workshop - farmers (or part of them) become 1st tier troops when village is under attack.
- Well - morale boost for castles.
- Manhunters guild - ability to recruit manhunters + city spawn bountyhunter parties from time to time.
- Militia quarters - city spawns small (20 max) parties of 2nd tier militia who patrol around the city and nearby lands. 2-3 parties max.
- Mercenary guild - doubles the amount of recruitable mercs in the tavern. 1.5 to the amount of troops in caravans leavin the city. Maybe the ability to recruit folks in the city.
I think Blacksmith workshop can be replace by Militia Small quarter -> spawn 5 small 1st Tier militia patrol parties around village and replace all farmer by 2nd Tier militia, always resist a raid from enemy party.
- Militia quarters: not only spawns small patrol parties but also spawn militia in town/castle.
- Merchants quarter: not only reduces price for items in the city but also create more caravans for town.

- Option for upgrade village to town, and town to real city. Upgrade village to town only available after upgrade town to city.

I really think that villages should be able to become towns or castles through prosperity and/or upgrades. And castles and towns that are destroyed (raided and looted) repeatedly should be able to fall back to previous stages and eventually villages. I know the game likes to pair a village with a castle, but in reality a castle would be a short skip and a jump from a village not a 4 hour walk away and a separate entity.

To make this work villages would need to be unpaired from towns and castles.  Villages would need to be conquered separately basically same as looting a village except you stay and leave small garrison to keep order. Could also have periods of unrest.

Village
A village should be bare bones, just village economics. Example just a Bailey
(can recruit only neutral farmers and watchmen)

Castle
To me the castle should have the economics of a village, but better defense then a village. Example Motte and Bailey
(Can recruit basic faction troop types, also can purchase higher level faction units at increased cost based on availability)
(training units to higher levels would be available for a cost and take time to replace those purchased)

Town
And a Town should have town economics, better than village, but much less defense than castle.
(can recruit lowest level faction units and mercenary units only)
(no more then 1 town for every 2 village or 2 castle)

City or Capital
Finally a Capital should be able to be selected from towns to build a large stone castle and keep. Would have better economics then normal town, as it would be basically a city. The King would then be based here. If no town is available then no real capital would be able to be created for that faction, capital would take time to transform from town, and cost money.
Limit 1 capital per faction. And limit of 1 city for 2 towns. Capital counts as city or town depending on level. Can't not have both capital city and capital town.
(can recruit all units of faction (same as castle) and mercenary units and sometimes other faction units as Mercenaries at slightly increased cost)

So in summary to obtain different levels

Village=Village + no or partial defense and/or economic upgrades
Castle= Stone Keep + Village + Village Defense Upgrades
Town=Village + Village Economic Upgrades + Stone Wall
City=Town + Town Economic Upgrades + Town Defense Upgrades
Capital= City or Town + Kings Keep

This is continuation of my previous post.

Militia units would be available to support any garrisoned units in defense.
Militia units would cost 1/4 upkeep of regular non garrisoned unit. (cost would stack with leadership skill)
Militia units would be similar to neutral faction units, but would vary in weapons from region to region.
They would regenerate once killed at a daily unit rate of .5 for village, 1 for town, and 1.5 for city or capital town, 2 for capital city.
There would be a max of say 25 militia units for a village or castle, 50 for town, 100 for city or capital town and 200 for capital city.
There would be a max number of garrisoned units types alllowed for each village/castle/town/city/capital type. These values would be the same as the militia unit types, with exception of castles which would be max of 5 times. NPCs would have to follow these rules as well.
So max garrisoned units per type would be
Village 25 militia plus 25 garrisoned
Castle 25 militia plus 125 garrisoned
Town 50 militia plus 50 garrisoned
Capital Town 100 militia plus 100 garrisoned
City 100 militia plus 100 garrisoned
Capital City 200 militia plus 200 garrisoned

I voted "All of the above", after all more stuff is better! :smile:
About adding new buildings however I don't feel that we need that much new stuff, just a couple more or else your little village ends up having more services and shops than a big town.

I always wondered if there's a way to make it possible to "see" the upgrades you make in your villages and towns/castles. For example if you build Watch Tower, I think it would be really good idea to add that building into village map when it's finished and maybe add more villagers that patrol area or something  Also adding more buildings possible to build in village management menu (like horse breeder, palisade or something) would be nice too.

Maby it will be able to be build in castle/town on walls EXTRA large bags of arrows/bolts wher can archers/crosbowmans get a bag (5 places - max 12 bags of 25 arrows/bolts)

AWdeV said:
Mainly because I imagine this would require an inordinate amount of scenes to be made. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I know **** all about modding)
For example; you have one village and six building possibilities. You'd need this amount of scenes:

1 scene for a blank village.
1 scene per first-constructed building in the village. That's 6 new scenes.
Then 5 more per second building. 5 new scenes, but also one scene per different possibility which would be, what, 30 scenes for only two buildings?
And so on really, I imagine you'd need only one scene for when you have all and one scene for when you have none but there'd be hundreds of scenes necessary for everything in between per village.. Couple that with a total of, say, a hundred villages. :razz:

Although our resident modders tend to be mad, no-one has proven to be quite that mad yet.  :razz:

And then I haven't even included towns and castles yet!  :shock:
I'm also not a modder :wink:
Hmm...I see it in different way. Lets use our imagination! :eek:
I'm game creator:
I see an empty village without any upgrades. I see a buildings of every upgrade too.
And now, when I have that village I just make some X's on ground for every upgrade... When someone will build any upgrade, then suitable building will appear on right X.
I do not need to make a lot of scenes, just make some X's on empty village and buildings of every upgrade :smile:
It sounds easy, don't it? :grin:
That's what appeared in my mind :smile:

Yeah, I think that's pretty much what Vornne said a few posts up. He calls the "x"'s "entry points", because he IS a modder. (iIrc) but they basically mean the same. It might work that way, would be nice. :smile:

lehua768 said:
I always wondered if there's a way to make it possible to "see" the upgrades you make in your villages and towns/castles. For example if you build Watch Tower, I think it would be really good idea to add that building into village map when it's finished and maybe add more villagers that patrol area or something  Also adding more buildings possible to build in village management menu (like horse breeder, palisade or something) would be nice too.

i agree and maybe a village militia as well

iv been thinking wat if u can get a "post office upgrade" if u will, for a castle. you know how every castle has a village or more. say u have a castle thats about to get att and ur not nowere nere there to deffend it will send a letter to the villages in its control to send backup to stall to give u more time to get there(or u can just use the cheat to tele there if u dont know it message me and ill tell u)(or its just you dont have alot of $ theares a cheat for that to its not a hack taleworlds put it in there whith 7 more or so) :shock: :grin: here a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cItMTGZ-fbc
ok there is 6 cheats from taleworlds and 1 hack
enjoy  i did not make vid :mrgreen:

I also find it very annoying that it takes soooo long to build one frickin building. Ya know what else would be nice? Actually seeing these buildings in your town when you walk around. On an unrelated note, I found the PERFECT way of making my lands be the richest in the whole land: give every good that you find to your fiefs and they will be filthy stinking rich.

a lot of good ideas, i would like to see more done with taking care of your fiefs. taleworlds (look at the posts). time doesnt matter to me, make the things worth building by giving more things.

What if the drill yard gave the garrisoned troops experience over time, allowing you to upgrade them when you visited?

I would appreciate a possibility to controle which goods your village produces.
You can build one or two of the following buildings to produce a kind of good in your village.

- piggery ( pork and sausages)
- farmersland ( to increase grain and bread production )
- fishing hut ( only available next to water - let the village have its own fish )
- mine ( only available next to mountains - iron for the village )
- vineyard ( grapes and wine )
- henhouse ( poultry )
- hunter ( fur and skins )
- cattle ranch ( beef , cheese and butter )
- orchard ( apple )
- beemaster ( honey and mead )
- sheep farm ( wool )

There can be other conditions for the production such as orchard can't be build in snowy area or something..
I don't know anything about the economics of Caladria but this might help to increase the players income like the builings in town :wink:

I know my english isn't the best but refer to my suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom