• Old Knight

Votes: 474 51.1%
  • Skilled Hunter

Votes: 359 38.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Frippagumble said:
Hello,
I've a tiny complaint about the Hunter. I love wandering barbarians to bits but my current character is a lvl 34 'hunting barbarian'. My only complaint about my first barbarian was his trouble with archers; without a shield (on a barbarian? Lame!) I was constantly hiding behind trees to get close to them, but still died fairly often. Then I tried an archer: Fast levelling and, by chance, a comparatively high polearm skill. Just like my barbarian. After a few days I had the starting strength of a barbarian, a tempered poleaxe, but also a big mean bow for long ranged combat. Going one on one with most elites doesn't even scare me anymore, quite the opposite of when I was a young frail sniper.

In short, lowering max strength of the hunter might be a good idea. I'm feeling overpowered :sad:
63 is a good max! also, you must try challenge, like full difficulty and enemies that dont suck ass :smile:

Wandering barbarian is the best. It's hard to get a good party going but going as a small, light group does some HEAVY damage.

Alexandros said:
Frippagumble said:
Hello,
I've a tiny complaint about the Hunter. I love wandering barbarians to bits but my current character is a lvl 34 'hunting barbarian'. My only complaint about my first barbarian was his trouble with archers; without a shield (on a barbarian? Lame!) I was constantly hiding behind trees to get close to them, but still died fairly often. Then I tried an archer: Fast levelling and, by chance, a comparatively high polearm skill. Just like my barbarian. After a few days I had the starting strength of a barbarian, a tempered poleaxe, but also a big mean bow for long ranged combat. Going one on one with most elites doesn't even scare me anymore, quite the opposite of when I was a young frail sniper.

In short, lowering max strength of the hunter might be a good idea. I'm feeling overpowered :sad:
63 is a good max! also, you must try challenge, like full difficulty and enemies that dont suck ass :smile:

112% from lvl 1 to lvl 34, it's as high as I can get without cranking battlesize up to something out of my league.
63, how am I going to get to 63?!?! By the time I get to 50 I'll probably be decapitating veteran goliaths with one blow.

Frippagumble said:
Alexandros said:
Frippagumble said:
Hello,

112% from lvl 1 to lvl 34, it's as high as I can get without cranking battlesize up to something out of my league.
63, how am I going to get to 63?!?! By the time I get to 50 I'll probably be decapitating veteran goliaths with one blow.
yup

I played the Old Knight briefly (a while ago so these comments may be outdated), and found it pretty discouraging - he needs to spend several levels raising his strength before he can use much knightly weapons and armour, and his low polearm skill makes him very poor with the lance. I know he is meant to be a leader more than a fighter, but he seems to miss out some of the main parts of being a knight.

I will give him another more determined try after I finish a few other mods, but those are what I remember.

Kasimir said:
I played the Old Knight briefly (a while ago so these comments may be outdated), and found it pretty discouraging - he needs to spend several levels raising his strength before he can use much knightly weapons and armour, and his low polearm skill makes him very poor with the lance. I know he is meant to be a leader more than a fighter, but he seems to miss out some of the main parts of being a knight.

I will give him another more determined try after I finish a few other mods, but those are what I remember.
Don't forget - he is an Old Knight. His story is that he left battlefields long time ago so no wonder he lost some skills.

It's been a year since I uninstalled M&b but it seems like its about time to start playing again..
To be honest I was just waiting till a new EG mod came out, now is the time i see  :twisted:

My favorite has been the Wandering Barbarian, he is awesome. I raised his riding to six, got three throwing axes, and a iron polehammer. All of this with a heavy warhorse equals pwn. Also, I have special units from every faction, and soon intent to start my own kingdom.

I would like to see a new class that is something like Blademaster or Assassin, something specializing in blades.

why you guys dont make something like a shocktrooper character? wich is especialized in heavy armor and maces/hammers but not be able to improve riding make it to become a heavy infantary troop(good for sieges)

Rekien said:
why you guys dont make something like a shocktrooper character? wich is especialized in heavy armor and maces/hammers but not be able to improve riding make it to become a heavy infantary troop(good for sieges)
You'd love the Onyx guard from EG 2 :eek:

MoToM said:
Wandering Barbarian is a killing machine. I stayed all alone for 20 days just slaughtering small groups and then gave him 4 riding. He is now an UBER killing machine.
I would love some more options, I'll think on it and get back too you.

hes a killing machine because of his 2 handed weapon(Forgot the name). I ALWAYS use that weapon if it's in the module.

Personally either the Barbarian or the Knight. Knight is better though. He's ridiculously powerful on horseback, but not much use as infantry because of his lack of athletics. The only real problem with him is that he's painfully slow unless he's on his uberfast horse. Still, I'd rather be a slow walker than be completely defenseless against enemy archers.

Barbarian is a lot of fun as well, good starting equipment and such, good stats, but it's not quite the same as the knight imo. The weapons he has are nice, but when you have no shield, you want some armor, and the Barbarian doesn't get very good starting armor compared to the knight considering his role in combat.

Hunter is badass straight from the go, but the lack of horse-riding makes me wonder if he can survive the later stages. I do like his starting bow. It's less of a bow and more of a fully-automatic sniper rifle that can be fired with pinpoint precision at a horseback target from miles away. But I prefer up close and personal to bows, personally. I didn't play with him as long as I did the others.

Haven't tried Merchant. I like having a starting boost to combat skills, I'm not too keen on out-of-combat skills.

Tried Prince once. Can't remember what I thought of it.

Started playing barbarian first time I installed EG III mod and now I'm on 501st day. To make things more fancy on a 500th day I conquered Praven. Kicked some Rhodok asses and march with my ultimate money-sucking army into the city.

I also have 7 Power draw skill so I use Vaegir Bow (killing machine), sometimes a baddas Armored horse and sometimes a pack of 300 throwing axes.
Barbarian is the ultimate character just because of strenght advantage.
I tried Hunter and played only 50 days or something like that (after that I started pwning with bow on my barbarian so it was pointles to have a Hunter char).
Played with Knight several hours.
Game hours :grin:
(Again, my barbarian has 7 riding skill so...)

The Barbarian has got a nice strength start, unlike the knight.
The hunter is very good in the beginning, but gets less the further you get into the game.
Personally I love the prince, good bow from the beginning. Nice horse, you only need to get some armor.

So far the barbarian. He is BEAST against enemies, the only thing bad is the armor, half the time im getting headshotted by an throwing weapon or arrow and i lose that barbarian. Otherwise, hes better than the others!

Back
Top Bottom