Starting character stats

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that in this 0.8 Beta if you select "Mountain" (I think something like "father was a Mountain Man") you get an extra Atrribute point and 2 skill points in things like tracking, spotting, trailblazing etc

In M&B generally and 1866 in particular starting choice have next to zero effect on your character past the first 3 levels. In some mods this affect faction relations so has more impact, but in 1866 the biggest thing that you will notice is the starting equipment, that you will hold on to for about 2 game days. The skill points are so abundant that there is no need for cookie-cutters.

Just go with the feel for RP purposes, or click all the first options - it is the fastest.

I find the "Knight" char with 8 charisma and 3 points of Leadership means you can carry about 12 more in your party than a "Mountain Man tracker", that can be useful if you want to get a big party early in the game

mouthnhoof said:
In M&B generally and 1866 in particular starting choice have next to zero effect on your character past the first 3 levels. In some mods this affect faction relations so has more impact, but in 1866 the biggest thing that you will notice is the starting equipment, that you will hold on to for about 2 game days. The skill points are so abundant that there is no need for cookie-cutters.

Just go with the feel for RP purposes, or click all the first options - it is the fastest.

If you begin without horse, good luck to buy one in two days !
I disagree, in native at least you can have like 25 skill points and poor weapons effiency, or 15 skills points but more weapons efficiency. This changes the gameplay sensibly.

Back
Top Bottom