Starting A New Australian Regiment, name suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys so I was thinking that I would like the regiment to be either Prussian or British and have the name of a regiment that actually did exist, I have done some research myself but I am still not sure about a name, cheers felas.

P.s

Yes Australia does have a NW community and a rather large one at that :razz:

You could follow Tigers suggestion...

Or, if I ever formed by own regiment I'd name it after something that relates to the game, and to myself (33AA, 33rd Apollos Army)

It's a stupid name, but it's all I could come up with on the spot lol.

The right name will sound right, be it historically accurate or made up. Not many in the AU community care about historical acurracy. Some do, but not many as most players are after fun, not a strict regiment.

Look for the ones who did something, are known for something good. Most of the British ones fought in the Peninsula War and/or Waterloo. Really you want one of those, but there are many too that did not fight in the European theatre.

Bluehawk said:
DrTaco said:
I dare say you are ******** wrong.

If you're going to make up nonsense, you might as well not call yourself a regiment, but make a clan instead.

00th very successful regiment, same with the 01th now as well ... made up totally.

So yeh you are totally wrong.

Your going to find it hard to find a historical "Number Name" so try find one that is something along the lines of "East Essex" or "The Kings own Norfolk..." Something that sounds the part maybe? So for example if its Australian something like the "Queensland Colonial 1st regiment of foot".

Back
Top Bottom