Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

Talon said:
Still, don't count it as dead. Interest will be revived at some point.

Interest revived. I wasn't even aware of this project until now.

Are the pictures on the front page up to date? It would be great to get pictures of all the complete models (side by side comparisons with the originals would be even better), and maybe some screenshots of the weapons ingame, up on the front page.

Yes, my interest is bubbling right now - absolutely dying to see this project completed - and to see the warhammer and polehammers completed.

The pictures are up to date, but there aren't pictures of all the completed models on the first page, as you can see. However, the models look fantastic - all of the Native models that were just 1 solid color have been drastically improved.

tomatoofs9.png

Could you make any use of these?

I'm relatively new at modeling, and I'm still learning texturing, but I think I can try and give the sledgehammer and the mace_morningstar a shot.

Anyone know why I get an "assertion failed" whenever I try this? Does this not work with .960?

So is it safe to assume that those listed without any '*' have been abandoned by the modelers and are free to be taken up? I don't want to encroach on anyone else's work, or model something that's already been done.

It seems that the devs are updating the native models, so I was going to wait until 1.0 came out and see what needed to be improved from that, and from swup. So, its not dead but in a holding pattern to see what is needed for completion.

Lemonfield:
Its not completely up to date but more or less, there are a few more that I finished after the last update. I'll take a look in a bit and see if I can get some of the newer stuff up.

Buxton:
Those are very nice. What do you propose that they replace?

Boeing:
I've got those 115u6177-901's about halfway through the second operation. I might finish tomorrow, but it will probably take until Friday, then they have to go to deburr, paint, and assembly. Oops wrong boeing.
No, it doesn't work for .960.
.808 and .903 only so far

Fei Dao:
Do any that you wish to try. I did a mace_morningstar that I haven't posted a pic of, but please give it a go, I probably wasn't too pleased with mine.

Boeing:I've got those 115u6177-901's about halfway through the second operation. I might finish tomorrow, but it will probably take until Friday, then they have to go to deburr, paint, and assembly. Oops wrong boeing.

emot-awesome.gif

No, it doesn't work for .960.
.808 and .903 only so far

Thanks for letting me know.

Actually, I've got it working perfectly fine here on .960, so... It does work.

You just have to use BRFedit to import all of the models into a .960 BRF - the format changed a little bit from .903 - .960.

@Talon - No, I don't think they're updating the old models, they're just adding new ones - the old weapon_meshes_1 with all of the stone lumps on sticks are still there.

Actually, I've got it working perfectly fine here on .960, so... It does work.

You just have to use BRFedit to import all of the models into a .960 BRF - the format changed a little bit from .903 - .960.
Are you willing to share that with us?

Please do.

I want to take a look at all the weapons in game and get a sense of them stylistically. If you can make available the BRF, I can skip all the importing just for that. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, regarding those stone lumps on sticks. If I had some good references (knew what they were supposed to look like) I wouldn't mind tackling those. I'm having the same problem with the forks and polehammer that James turned over to me - really hard to find information on them.

Bah. :neutral: Er, get permission? I can wait.

I have BRF Edit, but importing all of SWUP isn't my biggest priority right now in regards to modding.

Up to you.

Importing SWUP actually takes all of about 4 minutes.

First, you download SWUP.

Second, you move all SWUP textures to your mod's texture folder.

Third, make a copy of Native's weapon_meshes_1.brf and move it to your mod's resource folder. Rename it to something like "SWUP_weapons" or something.

Fourth, open up the copy of weapon_meshes_1 and delete everything.

Fifth, click the "import button" and import the SWUP .brf's in.

Sixth, Click "save" - BRFedit will tell you that the "SWUP_weapons.brf" file is not in module.ini - click yes to add it.

Seventh, open up module.ini, find "load_resource_weapon_meshes_1" and delete that line.

What version of BRF Edit are you using? 8.9 and 8.95 (latest) both give me (different) errors.

8.95 upon trying to import:

"Error importing <file path>:

Unknown resource type."

This version's supposed to be backwards compatible, it's a BRF, and BRF's are associated with the program. This doesn't make any sense to me. :???:

Edit: Oh, great timing. Thanks, Talon.  :smile:

So,
I'd just installed this, I've looked through all the screenshots and everything looked amazing,
I Installed, went to training and I Noticed all of my Clothing is now all white. Except my boots.
I played the training and the textures are there for the weapons they looked good. Just, clothing and some other things are missing there textures, What did I do wrong?
I Followed the instructions and I even made a copy of the Native Folder in the Modules. So, What ever do I do?
Thank You All.
-Calvin

Back
Top Bottom