SPEEDWOLF™ - Brainstorming & Sign-up

Users who are viewing this thread

Adaham said:
Dark_Hamlet said:
Jock said:
, but there could be one more added element which would help people decide. Not sure what that element should be.

I'm up for it though.

The narration could give some ambiguous hints about each player.
Yeah, that's something I've been thinking about already 10 years ago, but the problem is then, that it becomes a host-driven, rather than player-driven game. Plus, people will always be able to accuse me of giving away too much or too little, so it's inevitably going to be a frustrating experience. If you have a solution for that, however, I'm all ears!

I tried it in my game to varying degrees of success, I think. Because each player's character had publicly known traits I could tease and give hints in the narrations that flamed discussion a bit but didn't have me become too involved or have it become frustrating.

I think some of my other mechanics led it to be frustrating and overly drawn out, much like the source material, but I think I did a pretty good job with the narrations.

Pity, but thanks! If you change your mind, always welcome!  :party:

Also don't forget, that the "rush" is only for the first days till we reach LyLo, after that it's fully traditional.

Roccoflipside said:
I figured Moose! would be all over this game; lots of voting with little to no discussion to read? Sounds right up his alley.
Didn't want to go there, but yeah, can't deny I had similar thoughts  :iamamoron:

Alright, so since this is SPEEDWOLF™ anyway, I could imagine a scenario in which we start off with one guy less, and the first innocent that dies replaces the inactive guy. For day 1 we could just keep the guy as the kicker if a vote is missing at the deadline, just try to avoid a stalemate with 3 votes each. If you agree with that, I can try to set up things maybe later today and start the whole thing soon. Might post a rundown of the final rules first as well.

Things will be smoother after the 16th, so I'm down to play after that? Like I said, I'm not that keen on the format changes, so please don't feel the need to wait around.

Roccoflipside said:
Hope things get smoothed out soon.

Same.

Adaham said:
Alright, so since this is SPEEDWOLF™ anyway, I could imagine a scenario in which we start off with one guy less, and the first innocent that dies replaces the inactive guy. For day 1 we could just keep the guy as the kicker if a vote is missing at the deadline, just try to avoid a stalemate with 3 votes each. If you agree with that, I can try to set up things maybe later today and start the whole thing soon. Might post a rundown of the final rules first as well.

I agreeish, not the best oprion though. Has anyone directly contacted/pmed the others?

Back
Top Bottom