SotS : Intergalactic Space Lizards Ahoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't remember which ones I played, but I remember it being suggested I try play as the Humans. I'd be interested in playing other factions too, though.

And general tips would be good. Mostly economy related, though. I always felt behind in economy, military and tech. I'd like to know how to keep up.  :ohdear:

Mostly it falls on constantly exploring and settling new worlds, but not at a super fast pace. Generally try to keep your economy producing at least 5K a turn during early game, though you may have to boost that number when you have fleet maintenance to worry about. Sending multiple colony ships and doing a slight amount of Overharvesting at the start of the colony is the best way to get them up quickly. Just make sure you stop overharvesting quickly though, as that strips permanent resources from the system, which lowers you overall maximum potential output of that planets industries.

The more colonies you get early game the better, because once those colonies grow you'll really get the cash and research flowing in.

I like to push for cruisers early so I can get Biome Colonizers. It makes colonization much cheaper because it greatly terraforms target planets. That's also something to consider - your economy will be in the ****ter if you try to colonize a lot of bad planets at once. It's better to focus on colonizing cheap planets first, or at least devoting a few colony ships to terraforming the more expensive ones.

This strategy is a big part of how I usually managed to have the largest empire and economy in MP games we've done before. Welp, I guess now the secret is out. :wink:

Hivers are too slow. I'd have half the galaxy colonized before they even get started.

Vieira said:
And general tips would be good. Mostly economy related, though. I always felt behind in economy, military and tech. I'd like to know how to keep up.  :ohdear:

Anything below 100 hazard rating you should take. Those get up to speed quite quickly and also act as a refueling point in the early game. Might want to hold off on small planets close to 100 hazard rating if larger planets with managable ratings are available though.

Try to colonize with multiple colonizers if you are not doing so already. Because the start up on new colonies are so slow, each colonizer you dump on there is more or less like shortening turns it takes for it to get to full speed. I find that efficiency does drop off at around 20 destroyer colonizers though (20 infrustructure, I tend to stop at around 10), so don't go crazy with it but you can keep going if you need to.

Other than that I like to get to ftl cruiser econ as gast as I can.

Arch3r said:
Arch3r said:
Wellenbrecher said:
Arch3r, if you - through some dirty Dutch magic or whatever it is you people do - get Calodine to join in I'll be in a heartbeat.
I'll give it a try.
I tried. It's a maybe. In my experience, nagging enough times will make that a yes.
I'm just amazed in general you and Kronic got a reply out of him at all  :shock:
Whenever Troll or I try or tried we'd just get cold silence forever.

Because I like him and we had fantastic times playing games?
Calodine, Troll and I playing Trine 2 together is one of my favourite game related memories of all time. My stomach hurt for hours from constant bloody laughing and I wasn't even drunk or drinking.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
That or that time Wellen pushed me in a pit in Alien Swarm. -.-
To be fair I pushed EVERYONE into that pit at least once.
Speaking off... who was the dude again I team killed the very second we were due to be picked up in the end in the last mission on hardest difficulty? Jome? :lol:

So far it's mostly been we agreed that we'd like it to happen, but nothing about making it happen  :lol:

Which is mostly timezone faults, but still.

MaHuD and I tried to see if it worked. We both crashed twice in the main menu and in the end it turned out he did not have the Complete Collection, so there was a version mismatch. Gamespy being doing doesn't make it easier either.

Well, it did return the correct error; that our version don't match up, at the 3rd attempt.
So theoratically speaking it shoudl work, if one hosts via Lan and direct connects to said host via Lan also.
(just dont click on online, it will crash your game)

Back
Top Bottom