Solution to Non Stop (Frequent) Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Confusedfire

Recruit
Is there a mod out there that helps reduce the utter frequency of nonstop wars? I can't even anymore because I've literally not been able to do anything at all since 1095 in my current playthrough and it's nearly 1101 because of nonstop wars. If someone isn't declaring war on me (S. Empire) then my dumb vassals are trying to declare war on someone else. I've burnt influence to stop the wars as best as I can, but when I'm fighting both the Aserai and Khuzait then you as a vassal with an 87% yes vote decide we should also be at war with Battania it's a bit frustrating. Yes, S. Empire is strong (strength of 16000+) but this is utter nonsense. I literally only am trying to hold off just calling it quits again because I would like to play as my heir just once in a playthrough. I'm not ranting I just want to enjoy the game without it feeling like I'm playing a war simulator... And I don't want to leave the S. Empire as I end up doing that every time I do a playthrough because I get so utterly frustrated with the constant wars. (There was even a playthrough where as Vlandia the vassals decided we needed to be at war with 3 different factions at the same time and I went ahead and declared war on the last 2 just before leaving).

I'm thinking diplomacy may be the answer and I don't necessarily have to play the beta 1.2.x to enjoy the game even though I do like the ability to target in battle.

well this is done for a purpose to keep you busy and game more interesting, otherwise human player is too smart to plan strategy to conquer the world piece by piece. ...... no fun anymore

well this is done for a purpose to keep you busy and game more interesting, otherwise human player is too smart to plan strategy to conquer the world piece by piece. ...... no fun anymore
So the only reason I'm this large and powerful isn't because I'm better than the AI, or that the AI is really pathetic and dumb... It's because I'm constantly having to beat back the AI

Diplomacy is indeed the mod. Non aggression pacts, fixed peace time between wars (which i think you can tweak in the files), war fatigue.
I used it previously, but I didn't play that campaign for very long. This current campaign (that I've since decided to call it quits on) I was playing for nearly 7 in game years.

Well maybe if the game had more depth - ie assassins ? or Rumour-mongers ? or diplomacy ? or feasts ? etc etc the game might still be interesting even during peace time.

Well maybe if the game had more depth - ie assassins ? or Rumour-mongers ? or diplomacy ? or feasts ? etc etc the game might still be interesting even during peace time.
How are we supposed to know how much the game has? We're constantly fighting the other factions and unable to do anything else... Regardless, I agree it would be nice if they would make it into a sandbox instead of a war simulator

I find if I keep about 400 Garrison in Cities and about 300 in castles, plus full militia, The AI leaves me alone for the most part although they will attack someone else. The AI seems to be continually looking for weakness ?

I find if I keep about 400 Garrison in Cities and about 300 in castles, plus full militia, The AI leaves me alone for the most part although they will attack someone else. The AI seems to be continually looking for weakness ?
Yes, the AI tends to look for the weakest garrisons among the enemies positions to attack. It's the reason why some castles/towns go on this constant switch between two AI factions.
The constant fighting is the single factor that keeps me from doing any "endgame" in this game. What Taleworlds thinks keeps the player interested, is the reason I get burnout and stop playing.

Yes, the AI tends to look for the weakest garrisons among the enemies positions to attack. It's the reason why some castles/towns go on this constant switch between two AI factions.
The constant fighting is the single factor that keeps me from doing any "endgame" in this game. What Taleworlds thinks keeps the player interested, is the reason I get burnout and stop playing.
I just started to figure that part out. In my first playthrough every faction was at war with me and battania and the southern empire were without castles or towns at that point so they just kept raiding villages, and I kept getting sieged so much my prosperity went from 7,000 to 1,000 (town literally looks like sticks and stones) I tried killing them off and for a while they did stop for about 5 in game years but I became a pariah within my own faction so when war came again I blew through half of my influence and in that play through(and a few others) Unqid was being stupid and lost more than what we had acquired. With my current play though the wars are not as frequent and the AI is seemingly doing better on its own as far as holding the enemy back so If we do end up in a three way war I hold down one side of the map where all my castles are and other clans...do whatever it is they do to maintain whats already there but I haven't wiped out a faction yet and I think the cost of wiping one out is too over the top, I understand having negative perks for executing 10 or more lords but unless they make it easier to kill them in combat I shouldn't lose relationship with people in my own faction. How do you constantly go to war with these factions and have more friends in other factions than your own, I understand getting saved in battle and mutual enemies but at the most you should have a friend or two from each faction not 7, the math does not compute

In my game with Valandia, we fought a non stop 6 years of war(Litteraly no peace inbetween, not even 1 day breaks) and due to us being at war and not having time to bulk up my finances I went into massive debts I barely got out of. While it is my first game, I would like to do **** that isn't war, like I need time to retrain armies after they all get wiped, I don't have large reserves of troops ready to go every time the AI armies are stupid and get us wiped out. I'd like to have time to go to my cities to build them up and get workshops, run trade routes, etc, but all I can do is recruit, go to the front lines, get slaughtered, get captured for the next 3 months because we can get instantly captured the moment I get out of being in jail, finally get home to recruit another army, get to the front lines, get slaughtered again, and just rinse and repeat. I was like 30k in the hole with no real way to pay that off until I found out I had massive reserves of prisoners in my jails and cities I could sell off and even that nearly wasn't enough. I didn't even complete the dragon banner well into year 9 because we were always at war with the people I needed to talk to or go to to do the missions. As is Vlandia has 3/4ths of War Band Calradia under wraps with a few colonies well into the rest of the world, it would take 3 other empires to come together in an invasion to even match our forces, so of course our clans just decide it's time for war the moment a vote pops up, even when fighting 2 other empires at the same time already.

I think the longest we have been at peace was a week?

In my game with Valandia, we fought a non stop 6 years of war(Litteraly no peace inbetween, not even 1 day breaks) and due to us being at war and not having time to bulk up my finances I went into massive debts I barely got out of. While it is my first game, I would like to do **** that isn't war, like I need time to retrain armies after they all get wiped, I don't have large reserves of troops ready to go every time the AI armies are stupid and get us wiped out. I'd like to have time to go to my cities to build them up and get workshops, run trade routes, etc, but all I can do is recruit, go to the front lines, get slaughtered, get captured for the next 3 months because we can get instantly captured the moment I get out of being in jail, finally get home to recruit another army, get to the front lines, get slaughtered again, and just rinse and repeat. I was like 30k in the hole with no real way to pay that off until I found out I had massive reserves of prisoners in my jails and cities I could sell off and even that nearly wasn't enough. I didn't even complete the dragon banner well into year 9 because we were always at war with the people I needed to talk to or go to to do the missions. As is Vlandia has 3/4ths of War Band Calradia under wraps with a few colonies well into the rest of the world, it would take 3 other empires to come together in an invasion to even match our forces, so of course our clans just decide it's time for war the moment a vote pops up, even when fighting 2 other empires at the same time already.

I think the longest we have been at peace was a week?
You have to lock these fools away until their asking price is something your willing to pay or they are paying you. If they seige one of my castles I always just sneak inside once they start sending men up the walls, and let them waste thousands of men trying to get in. Yes troop quality does play a factor but so does the tactics perk. 9 times out of 10 I win all simulated battles field or siege but I always retain more men in a siege. I haven't started executing them yet but I have enough funds to the point if I have to pay I can and Ill still make profit so I can buy troops up whenever. Also I'm sure you all know about the perks to help level your men up daily or them gaining 200 exp upon you hiring them. Also converting prisoners definitely helps, not just bandits but legit troops. Honestly even though I can have 3 years of peace before two factions declare war on me not being able to execute them when they have no lands is ridiculous.

You have to lock these fools away until their asking price is something your willing to pay or they are paying you. If they seige one of my castles I always just sneak inside once they start sending men up the walls, and let them waste thousands of men trying to get in. Yes troop quality does play a factor but so does the tactics perk. 9 times out of 10 I win all simulated battles field or siege but I always retain more men in a siege. I haven't started executing them yet but I have enough funds to the point if I have to pay I can and Ill still make profit so I can buy troops up whenever. Also I'm sure you all know about the perks to help level your men up daily or them gaining 200 exp upon you hiring them. Also converting prisoners definitely helps, not just bandits but legit troops. Honestly even though I can have 3 years of peace before two factions declare war on me not being able to execute them when they have no lands is ridiculous.
I have no idea what ones give xp every, but I'm just pissed now that a settelment of mine rebelled I go to retake it by myself, a "ally" shows up and steals my siege again, and is now taking my castle :xf-mad:

I have no idea what ones give xp every, but I'm just pissed now that a settelment of mine rebelled I go to retake it by myself, a "ally" shows up and steals my siege again, and is now taking my castle :xf-mad:
Leadership perks: Raise the meek gives a small percentage daily to your tier 1-2 troops, Famous commander give 200% exp on recruitment, Leader of the masses gives 5% of shared exp with battles. I slept on the benefits of prisoners, being able to convert them into actual troops is beyond helpful

I would just disband their army if I want the glory for it but my main question now is are you apart of a kingdom still ruling the kingdom or is this your own kingdom and is this your vassal?

Leadership perks: Raise the meek gives a small percentage daily to your tier 1-2 troops, Famous commander give 200% exp on recruitment, Leader of the masses gives 5% of shared exp with battles. I slept on the benefits of prisoners, being able to convert them into actual troops is beyond helpful

I would just disband their army if I want the glory for it but my main question now is are you apart of a kingdom still ruling the kingdom or is this your own kingdom and is this your vassal?
I'm in Valandra, at this point I might just go independent because YOLO, but my settlements kinda hate me because I'm not the right culture and got no govenors(let alone know how to check) with the right culture.

I did marry the princess of the late king, but I guess marriage alliances are not a thing anymore? Trying to marry off my siblings since they should be of age by now unless but got no options to. 🤷

Is there a mod out there that helps reduce the utter frequency of nonstop wars? I can't even anymore because I've literally not been able to do anything at all since 1095 in my current playthrough and it's nearly 1101 because of nonstop wars. If someone isn't declaring war on me (S. Empire) then my dumb vassals are trying to declare war on someone else. I've burnt influence to stop the wars as best as I can, but when I'm fighting both the Aserai and Khuzait then you as a vassal with an 87% yes vote decide we should also be at war with Battania it's a bit frustrating. Yes, S. Empire is strong (strength of 16000+) but this is utter nonsense. I literally only am trying to hold off just calling it quits again because I would like to play as my heir just once in a playthrough. I'm not ranting I just want to enjoy the game without it feeling like I'm playing a war simulator... And I don't want to leave the S. Empire as I end up doing that every time I do a playthrough because I get so utterly frustrated with the constant wars. (There was even a playthrough where as Vlandia the vassals decided we needed to be at war with 3 different factions at the same time and I went ahead and declared war on the last 2 just before leaving).

I'm thinking diplomacy may be the answer and I don't necessarily have to play the beta 1.2.x to enjoy the game even though I do like the ability to target in battle.
I am playing on ps5 right now and i had this problem aswell. Kingdoms are declaring war on the player cause they are either threatened and the player grows to strong or your kingdom is growing to fast and your border is touching their border. So its wise to only spread in one direction to eliminate the 1st enemy and then in the other direction to eliminate the other. I think this is a good strategy cause on ps5 we do not have any mods to help us. Grtz Vaan.

Diplomacy is indeed the mod. Non aggression pacts, fixed peace time between wars (which i think you can tweak in the files), war fatigue.
Unfortunately Diplomacy mod caused a conflict with some mods I had in my game and had to reject it. Don't know what caused the conflict, but I tried removing several, Diplomacy was always grayed in the mod list.

Things that bugged me most with the continuos wars:
1. Factions that lost all their towns and castles keep declaring wars to everyone and never make peace, and what they do is just raid villages. Occasionally you lose a lord who get attacked by a swarm of these tiny parties lords. You cannot exterminate these fiefless factions as they get for free new troops, after being released from captivity or escaped. Well, I suppose you could execute them all (not a solution I wanted to try). This is the biggest most irritating issue ever.
And yes I had KingdomDestruction (version: v1.0.0) mod installed in my latest game. It worked, but I recall them fiefless factions still remained a long time problem.

2. In the early game there is a LOT of elite troops. But after a few wars, all factions have poor quality troops. They offer like no challenge to beat in battles any more. When ever you meet them, with much smaller troop numbers you are more likely to win. Factions just have no time to recover.

3. I got into wars so much, that I never had time to transport troops from my full of troops towns/castles in the heart of my kingdom to those newly captured towns/castles in the border zone. Some of my towns/castles could not recruit any more and their economy was suffering because of it: yes I did turn off recruiting for them eventually. If I was doing the troops transporting, I missed the battles. I wish there had been a moment of no wars I could have evened the garrisons' strengths. So in the end it was: do I want to be the troops train, or do I want to play them wars? Had no time to be both.

The last version of the game I played was Early Access e.1.8.1. So I don't know if they've fixed this constant wars issue in later versions. And the defeated factions issue. I certainly hope so.

Back
Top Bottom