So now i understand why Khuzaits are so powerful

Users who are viewing this thread

On the battlefield sure they can be tough but ill beat em with Sturgs any day. Well not always ofc as it should be.
Now when talking about Sturgs: I just had an epic fight against em btw and an brutal finishing to go with that xD Adrenalin is still pumping ^^

Problem with playing as an Barbarian is that you hit like an dragster truck and are fast as lightning but when you are in situations where you think you're invincible, then it strikes you that only one good hit or arrow can take you down...then you have to try not to think about it again ^^

Last edited:
It's a few things.

Speed works in to how quickly lords can visit towns and rebuild armies and how quickly those armies can get together and get to position. So Khuzaits rebuild faster, get troops into armies faster which means they're leveling sooner. Result is larger, better armies in the same time as their enemies.

Next is fundamental unit balancing issues. There's not really a good way to make infantry 'equal' to cavalry and archers. Archers can kill 10x their number in numerous tactical situations. Infantry never Can. Generally infantry is happy with a 4x in armies. Infantry also sways heavily in favor of numbers - while 10 Huskarls will kill 10 recruits every time, 10 Huskarls will suffer losses vs 30 recruits. However 10 Fians will wipe 30 recruits about like they wipe 10 recruits.

This gets even more one-sided when you get into cavalry and cavalry archers. More mobility, easy to disengage, all while having close to comparable armor and killing power as infantry. Mounted archers, same thing - all the benefits of archers (ability to kill an enemy who can't hurt you back) and horses (ability to avoid things that could hurt you and control range).

IMO the best solution is making infantry flat out cheaper and faster to level. Make the Sturgian racial benefit be 30% reduction in cost to hire/upgrade infantry units and have infantry take 25% less damage. This allows Sturgia to stay an infantry focused faction without making overall game balance issues if a player gets Fians/Huskarls/Khuzait horse archers/Vlandian knights.

I actually haven't been observing that at all in my last play. Most of the sieges I have seen 1.5 to 1 on the high end with the Khuzait taking maybe 70ish% casualties at most if there were some higher tier troops garrisoned in it as well.

Make sure you're accounting for tier as well; it matters for autocalc and generally most defenders will be crap-tier militia while attacking armies have plenty of tier 3 and higher units. I'm about twelve years into a 1.5.1 playthrough and they definitely still hit settlements with many to 1 odds on the power bar.

Back
Top Bottom