SKJALDBORG – The Final Víkingr Shieldwall Event (In the past)

Users who are viewing this thread

Indeed indeed, glorious battle shall happen today facilitated by the following teamspeak server: azure.simrai.com:9996 As always you need to join it and listen to the leaders in order to make the event go smoothly! And it seems like we reached the 4th page.

Yes it should be possible, just please don't poke the admins. We'll make sure to check if people are in the waiting room.

Announcement: The address for the TeamSpeak server is azure.simrai.com:9996, and it is now open.

Well that was a nice event! Thanks Joub for leading the Goidils :smile:. Ps: Control a little bit more the flanking next time pls. See yaa next event long live amigos!

Thanks to everyone for coming! Sorry about the small flanking incidents, we can't see the future so they're a bit hard to prevent but all in all I think we're carrying the SWE banner quite high.
I hope to see everyone next month for another SWE and of course in 2 weeks for the Maldon Historical Event.

Some words about today's shieldwall.

I have been leading  clans since the beginning of 2013 on many different mods. Those who know me from The Deluge shall remember, that I also organised some big battles and I know how is it to manage and admin such events. In Vikingr my name is Wojslaw,  I started as an officer of Polanin clan (leading on most events), but later I created my own clan with tag [_ze_Zmigrodu] (thread will appear soon). What happened today made me ragequit for the first time in my quite long Warband career.

Flanking was a general problem , I confess that some of my men could incidentally push our flank a bit too much, but it wasn't done on purpose such as did many other players from both teams. It was very common to see a single guy walking around our flank and not only attacking our side, but even our backs in the middle of the shiledwall! In the throes of battle it's not easy to check who are that random flankers, but when you recognise one time that a Zmigrod member did something wrong, you start to blame us for all the evil till the end of an event. Formation broken, some flankers, teamhitters? That's surely the fault of that stupid Poles! They have on each map the best statistics? It must be because they were flanking and fighting out of formation. How the f**k could we do this while 2/3 of us had long spears? Smashing all the enemy on our side causes we look as if we had flanked that dead warriors?  :roll:

No matter how we played later, after first blame came other insults without a reason, just because Poles are generally ****tards, cannot have fun with civilised people and if something goes wrong it must be because their lack of discipline which is an indicator of this nationality. I won't point who I am now writing about, but I ask that person to stop spamming on EVERY SINGLE event his stories about polish kurwa blowing him for 50€, e.t.c. And you say that it's our role to insult people mindlessly?

We were really happy about the historical event in 2 weeks, but today we are not sure if we are wanted there. Maybe we shouldn't disturb you again and come back to washing the dishes in London McDonald's or eating onions on our homeland steppes...

And sorry for my English

Czeremis said:
Some words about today's shieldwall.

I have been leading  clans since the beginning of 2013 on many different mods. Those who know me from The Deluge shall remember, that I also organised some big battles and I know how is it to manage and admin such events. In Vikingr my name is Wojslaw,  I started as an officer of Polanin clan (leading on most events), but later I created my own clan with tag [_ze_Zmigrodu] (thread will appear soon). What happened today made me ragequit for the first time in my quite long Warband career.

Flanking was a general problem , I confess that some of my men could incidentally push our flank a bit too much, but it wasn't done on purpose such as did many other players from both teams. It was very common to see a single guy walking around our flank and not only attacking our side, but even our backs in the middle of the shiledwall! In the throes of battle it's not easy to check who are that random flankers, but when you recognise one time that a Zmigrod member did something wrong, you start to blame us for all the evil till the end of an event. Formation broken, some flankers, teamhitters? That's surely the fault of that stupid Poles! They have on each map the best statistics? It must be because they were flanking and fighting out of formation. How the f**k could we do this while 2/3 of us had long spears? Smashing all the enemy on our side causes we look as if we had flanked that dead warriors?  :roll:

No matter how we played later, after first blame came other insults without a reason, just because Poles are generally ****tards, cannot have fun with civilised people and if something goes wrong it must be because their lack of discipline which is an indicator of this nationality. I won't point who I am now writing about, but I ask that person to stop spamming on EVERY SINGLE event his stories about polish kurwa blowing him for 50€, e.t.c. And you say that it's our role to insult people mindlessly?

We were really happy about the historical event in 2 weeks, but today we are not sure if we are wanted there. Maybe we shouldn't disturb you again and come back to washing the dishes in London McDonald's or eating onions on our homeland steppes...

And sorry for my English
Czeremis totally agree with you, we got so many FLANKING problems today... Was very anoying and nobody take a single policement action. We need kick and advices to everyone who flank for the FIRST time on the event. Or the SWE will be a totally mess... But was a nice event and we need to agree that sometimes is hard to control everysingle men :smile:

Greetings, Czeremis.

We're sorry about all the crap you're taking - we admins were more concerned about the actual event happenings. I personally never pay much attention to the chat, but I noticed a few over the top comments about Poles. I'm sorry if any admins expressed similar views - judging all Poles from the actions of a few is horribly wrong. The thing is that the main part of the participators who are not comfortable with English are actually Poles; and it does pose problems when it's of utmost importance to be able to understand and carry out the orders of the leaders and adhere to the commands of the admins.

We are glad to have Poles joining, and we do not wish for you to get offended during official events. I believe we've found solutions to the communication problems before, and I encourage your members and any non-English speakers to tell the admins if they're unable to understand the commands etc. I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement (we've had someone translate during events before, so that's a possibility). It would be best if this could be established before the event starts.

Other than that, unfortunately people tend to generalise and paint members of a specific group or nationality with the same brush - justified or not. In the future I will try to strike down on participators who are blatantly harassing other people in the chat - and I'll encourage the other admins to do the same.

Oh for heaven's sake, where to begin opening this can of worms? Of course to begin with I apologise for the negative experiences you had today. Secondly, there was an issue with some people having acquired the password without being on teamspeak and if I find out who gave them the password, the punishment will be severe, quick and irreversible. This lead to some of those flanking isues.

Now, as for other things. I noticed that some polish players had their headphones muted, which we do frown upon rather heavily and it should be explained why such a thing happens in every event. I'm assuming there is a language issue there, which I guess also contributes to the entire Zmigrodu clan going on the same team, again something that we frown upon and has caused issues in the past.

The lack of discipline, which was on some rounds rather visible as backpeddling, has nothing to do with nationality and I doubt it was, apart from accidentally, implied that it actually does. It's just a rather sad reality of things that it's easier to refer to a group of people as "Poles" rather than "Zmigrodu". That's a shortcoming of everyone else, not the Zmigrodu.

On to the meat of things: People always look for scapegoats, that's just how the world rolls and, while personally I despise said behaviour, it is not that easy to stop from happening. Also, like you mentioned it's not easy to check who the flankers are, which makes a clan an easier target than figuring out which individual it was. We already have a standing case on how badly that can go.

Personally I was not on the Engle teamspeak channel so I will not comment on the happenings there. Nothing major was reported to me however, so a break in communications must've happened if there was something fishy going on there.

Finally for the chat spamming thing: I must confess I purposefully ignored the chat, paying attention only to the message colours, meaning that I generally only reacted if too much spam was going on. That said, again, I was on the Goidil team and we had a slight lack of admins this evening meaning that we didn't crack down hard enough on certain things. Attention to this will be payed more in the future, though it would of course help quite a bit if these things were brought to the host teams attention during the event. We aren't omniscient, we don't see everything, we are just humans.

Oh man, that's quite a lot longer a post than I'd wish to type, especially on subjects like these, but as far as I'm concerned so long as no rulebreaking or general dickery happens there's nothing from the hosting end stopping you from coming to the events. We'll facilitate things better next time, if you'll be joining it, as sadly this event your arrival came as a surprise so we hadn't prepared for it.

Regards: A man very disappointed in the behaviour of certain individuals.

Editation:
nacholoko16 said:
Czeremis totally agree with you, we got so many FLANKING problems today... Was very anoying and nobody take a single policement action. We need kick and advices to everyone who flank for the FIRST time on the event. Or the SWE will be a totally mess... But was a nice event and we need to agree that sometimes is hard to control everysingle men :smile:

Like I mentioned, flanking was an issue, the password leaking was an issue, but I will not let you say that no actions were taken. Actions were taken when we could, it just so happens that we're not omnipotent and as I was personally leading one of the shieldwalls I couldn't focus too much on these issues. Also, if you haven't noticed, we do mention not flanking with quite a tiring frequency, just that if someone has muted themselves or is not on teamspeak in the first place, they won't hear it and it's not that easy to track down who these people are.

I'll rather permaban 90% of the playerbase than let the SWE devolve into chaos however :wink: The last note I do agree with, we're dealing with people, not robots.

Yes, yes, I know that you admins are not the ones who are against us, it's all about random event participants writing stupid things on the chat (which is impossible to control all the time, I know).
KickingJoub said:
I noticed that some polish players had their headphones muted, which we do frown upon rather heavily and it should be explained why such a thing happens in every event. I'm assuming there is a language issue there, which I guess also contributes to the entire Zmigrodu clan going on the same team, again something that we frown upon and has caused issues in the past.
It's simple. We are all on our own TS, where I can give direct commands in Polish, which I suppose you are not willing to hear (e.g. telling to one of my guys to ready his spear to be sticked into the head of an enemy in front of me who I'm going to kick in a second). Thus we can cooperate much better. Me and some of my mates are not muted, we hear all the commands you give and repead it in Polish. But it's not like we don't undestand it, cmon... That's the way to be more efficient during battle, but if you want so, on the next event we may stay only on faction channel - but you won't notice a big difference.

Meh, enough of ****storm for today, good night.

KickingJoub said:
Oh for heaven's sake, where to begin opening this can of worms? Of course to begin with I apologise for the negative experiences you had today. Secondly, there was an issue with some people having acquired the password without being on teamspeak and if I find out who gave them the password, the punishment will be severe, quick and irreversible. This lead to some of those flanking isues.

Now, as for other things. I noticed that some polish players had their headphones muted, which we do frown upon rather heavily and it should be explained why such a thing happens in every event. I'm assuming there is a language issue there, which I guess also contributes to the entire Zmigrodu clan going on the same team, again something that we frown upon and has caused issues in the past.

The lack of discipline, which was on some rounds rather visible as backpeddling, has nothing to do with nationality and I doubt it was, apart from accidentally, implied that it actually does. It's just a rather sad reality of things that it's easier to refer to a group of people as "Poles" rather than "Zmigrodu". That's a shortcoming of everyone else, not the Zmigrodu.

On to the meat of things: People always look for scapegoats, that's just how the world rolls and, while personally I despise said behaviour, it is not that easy to stop from happening. Also, like you mentioned it's not easy to check who the flankers are, which makes a clan an easier target than figuring out which individual it was. We already have a standing case on how badly that can go.

Personally I was not on the Engle teamspeak channel so I will not comment on the happenings there. Nothing major was reported to me however, so a break in communications must've happened if there was something fishy going on there.

Finally for the chat spamming thing: I must confess I purposefully ignored the chat, paying attention only to the message colours, meaning that I generally only reacted if too much spam was going on. That said, again, I was on the Goidil team and we had a slight lack of admins this evening meaning that we didn't crack down hard enough on certain things. Attention to this will be payed more in the future, though it would of course help quite a bit if these things were brought to the host teams attention during the event. We aren't omniscient, we don't see everything, we are just humans.

Oh man, that's quite a lot longer a post than I'd wish to type, especially on subjects like these, but as far as I'm concerned so long as no rulebreaking or general dickery happens there's nothing from the hosting end stopping you from coming to the events. We'll facilitate things better next time, if you'll be joining it, as sadly this event your arrival came as a surprise so we hadn't prepared for it.

Regards: A man very disappointed in the behaviour of certain individuals.

Editation:
nacholoko16 said:

Like I mentioned, flanking was an issue, the password leaking was an issue, but I will not let you say that no actions were taken. Actions were taken when we could, it just so happens that we're not omnipotent and as I was personally leading one of the shieldwalls I couldn't focus too much on these issues. Also, if you haven't noticed, we do mention not flanking with quite a tiring frequency, just that if someone has muted themselves or is not on teamspeak in the first place, they won't hear it and it's not that easy to track down who these people are.

I'll rather permaban 90% of the playerbase than let the SWE devolve into chaos however :wink: The last note I do agree with, we're dealing with people, not robots.
I was on your team Joub and i know you guys make some actions, but betwen us everybody know that we got Flanking problems every single round of the event( expecially LEFT from Engle team). Just saying those players should be kiked after flank 4 rounds... But problems happens on any event on any place :smile: No stress, was a very good event and very good management!

edited - Hroða

Back
Top Bottom