Single Player Story - Battle of Aescesdun - Bugged

Users who are viewing this thread

babyvato

Recruit
Going to Readingum and walking to Halfdan, he gives just normal dialog as if I had met him in the main map...no quest dialog to advance story.

Also all, or most of northumber lords are at londonwic and move a little then get teleported back to londonwic after they move in a loop.

Using the beta patch currently.

I was able to talk to him, but got bugged almost immediately after. He asked me to get cattle for his army, which I was able to do without any trouble. (Although all the villages nearby were looted.)
After that was done and I told him I was ready to join, it takes me to a scene where I assume he's supposed to give a speech, but all that happens is that the info bar about Readingum pops up and half the NPCs start moving around. I can exit the scene with tab, which takes me the previous text window, with the only option being "Join them". It resets the scene but the same thing happens every time.

i was able too to talk to him, but instead of story dialogs, i got the "prisoner dialogs" :razz:

ps: 1st image tells me im hidding from danish patrols.. wtf? im with them why should i hide? :grin:

14mb85i.jpg

2s0xnnt.jpg

2usaip2.jpg

found a fix.. once traveled to halfdan for the first time and got the bug, i left the place and tried to go on saxon's camp (opposite side of the near monastery) and of course it didn't allow me to enter, than on my way to try again to talk to halfdan i got "ambushed" (it was night :razz:) by a lord of the enemy faction, once defetead him i talked to halfdan and.... yay!! the story is working again :smile: :smile:

if you got the same problem, try fight a lord, maybe it works for you too :mrgreen:

Szioul said:
I was able to talk to him, but got bugged almost immediately after. He asked me to get cattle for his army, which I was able to do without any trouble. (Although all the villages nearby were looted.)
After that was done and I told him I was ready to join, it takes me to a scene where I assume he's supposed to give a speech, but all that happens is that the info bar about Readingum pops up and half the NPCs start moving around. I can exit the scene with tab, which takes me the previous text window, with the only option being "Join them". It resets the scene but the same thing happens every time.

Looks like this was fixed by updating Warband to 1.163 and applying the VC hotfix: http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_setup_1162_10_hotfix.exe

Still have the same issue...on steam warband is 1.163 and I would assume the hotfix is already applied through steam.

I've fought a few battles with other lords as well and there hasnt been any change.

Using latest beta patch 1.01.
Still cannot speak to halfdan about the quest...same dialog as earlier screen shots.

I am also getting these errors now.

http://imgur.com/a/MTKhP

babyvato said:
Using latest beta patch 1.01.
Still cannot speak to halfdan about the quest...same dialog as earlier screen shots.

I am also getting these errors now.

http://imgur.com/a/MTKhP

did you get an beta update some minutes ago? You load your savegame, previus issues, and re-try plz.

script errors are fixed now....still cant talk to halfdan about the battle while in readingum...he has same dialog as the first images i uploaded earlier trying to decide who to give towns to.

are there supposed to be 7 or 8 lords of northumber at lundunwic? they move maybe a village away...then teleport back to lundunwic...this repeats over and over if i just pass time by lundunwic

babyvato said:
are there supposed to be 7 or 8 lords of northumber at lundunwic? they move maybe a village away...then teleport back to lundunwic...this repeats over and over if i just pass time by lundunwic
this is ok, it's part of the story... before the end of the game, you are going to fight a great battle between danish and saxons.. that's why they "must" stay there :smile:

Got to the part with the cattle but when i tried to get it i got a message "quest getting cattle for halfdan ragnarson cancelled"

Yes I got the cattle quest, and then it auto cancelled as well.  I can't seem to get the story working either.  I have the auto save on so I can not reload from an earlier save.  Is their a way to have that quest restart?

tomcat14a said:
Yes I got the cattle quest, and then it auto cancelled as well.  I can't seem to get the story working either.  I have the auto save on so I can not reload from an earlier save.  Is their a way to have that quest restart?

same problem

Idibil said:
Well, I changed whole quest system for 1.03. It will work in different way to native quest. No more cancel issues.

Awesome, will that however save our auto-saved games or would we still have to restart to finish the story mode?  Or are you able to impliment a condition in the new patch that restarts that quest if it has been cancelled?

Back
Top Bottom