• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too much for the devs :'(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Genghis Khan

Will there be sieges in the final version?

If you join the Swangia(?) army, you should be able to lay siege to Vergias(?) castles, since they are at war.

With ladders, siege ladders, catapults and rams... you know, all the stuff needed to conquer a castle. Maybe 1 spy or 2 to open the gates during the night and do a surprise attack lol :wink:

And...

How many NPC's can be in the field without sacrificing performance?
If there will be sieges, there must be a lot of them. 100?

like everyone else that wants sieges in the game, you mistake the chaotic thrill of an assault with the long drawn out tedium of a siege...

In a siege you get an army to sit around a city for howeverlong it takes them to run out of food and water.. As a game concept this would suck like a tamagoshi...no wait, a tamagoshi V2 would be more fun..

As an assault you would need at least 3 -1 odds.. seeing a city could count on a few thousand to defend it, it's not likely that it would fall within the scope of the game...

What a shame...
not!!!!!!!!!!

this actually has been suggested a few times (although the spy idea is new for me (and i like it))

but yeah.. sieges would be cool, but i dont know if they will be implemented anytime soon (or at all for that matter)

Mate... I had a friend die of aids..
it's no joke seeing someone full of life turn into a skeleton covered in skin bloted with bruises unable to open their eyes..

it's ugly and no joking matter..

am not insisting you to change your sig, you're human, you know what to do...

Slyloki said:
like everyone else that wants sieges in the game, you mistake the chaotic thrill of an assault with the long drawn out tedium of a siege...

In a siege you get an army to sit around a city for howeverlong it takes them to run out of food and water.. As a game concept this would suck like a tamagoshi...no wait, a tamagoshi V2 would be more fun..

As an assault you would need at least 3 -1 odds.. seeing a city could count on a few thousand to defend it, it's not likely that it would fall within the scope of the game...

What a shame...
not!!!!!!!!!!

Yes... when i say sieges im talking about the Assaults.
Laying a siege to a city could be very well implemented, but only with the Starve function or maybe an Automatic Assault (auto battle resulst, know what i mean), but that would suck, it would be much better if you joined the fight and if you could even climb the walls with the ladders.

Im not asking for thousands of units, because in this game it's impossible.

Maybe you can raise a big army, say... 500. But only 60 can join the battle. If one of those 60 that are in battle dies, one from the camps (the 440 left) would join battle and so on, they would keep coming. See my idea? And it counts to the castle defenders too.

And as the general, you would manage your army in the battlefield. To avoid having an assault army of archers lol. You could tell during the battle which ones to join battle. (if you have any space left of course (59/60)

I think sieges will be alright ( Meaning starvation of a town) if you have the fast-forward ability that you do when staying at a tavern.

Either that, or being able to seperate from your troops and do some other quests alone, while you wait.

A siege would never really work in the world of M&B, since the time it'd take for the townspeople to run out of food and water would be way more than it'd take for a couple of enemy war parties to hear of the matter and run over to kill you.

I'd love to be able to take cities by force.

I think sieges would suck they would take too long but an assault is a diffrent matter i can just imagine the catapaults throwing the burning heads of my enemies back at the castle as ballistas punch through their walls :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .It would be an amazing sight :grin:

I like the idea of sending spys in to open the gates or kill the guards inside. Its not new to me cos i said that about 3 times and everyone ignores it.

But anyway to implement the spys part, the devs got to add in stealth, which will take some time. Not to mention some people here prefer going all guns blazing and want to restrict others from doing otherwise :sad: .

Anyway yah. Everyone would love castle assaults. Especially if you can capture it for your own :razz: . But then, if we want trebuchets like in all sieges, we got to add in a physics engine (something we have been discussing for a while already) and have destructible walls and such. Might be too taxing on the current system. But i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Does anyone know a millionare who would like to support this game?

SiR K1lLaLoT said:
ferretsniper said:
One day, ferrets will reign supreme!

No, kind sir, you are wrong.

The kittens are already planning world domination!

well you take the right flank with your snipers ill lead an assault from above in the heart of the ferret bastards...

You may take the castle but me and my army of ferrets will rush to the sewers and breed a MASSIVE army of ferrets.Then we will come forth from the sewers and bite yer ankles off(ferrets cant really hold any weapons).Then we will stand on the battlements and shout "Get Outta Here Ya Bunch Of Pussyes"!!! as u flee from our might mwahahahaaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ferretsniper said:
You may take the castle but me and my army of ferrets will rush to the sewers and breed a MASSIVE army of ferrets.Then we will come forth from the sewers and bite yer ankles off(ferrets cant really hold any weapons).Then we will stand on the battlements and shout "Get Outta Here Ya Bunch Of Pussyes"!!! as u flee from our might mwahahahaaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You sniff glue a lot, don't you?

ferretsniper said:

We wont run, trust me. & if you wanna play dirty we'll just get our bigger cousins *cough*lions, tigers, leopards*cough*

And the sewers story? We cats have been rooting out rats and the like for our entire lives, you can't surprise us.

ferretsniper said:

bunny_pancake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom