(Should you ever come back to this) Single-player campaign for 1880s mini-mod maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think I read here you're done with Warband but just thought I'd toss the idea out just to say I tried on the off chance you come back to this someday. I think giving the 1880's mini mod its own campaign by leaving the current map design as is, adding the mini-mod factions, and updating the pre-existing ones to the 1880s would make a cool psuedo-sequel. By updating I mostly mean replacing the current leaders with their 1880s counter parts and incorporating the mini-mod weaponry into the world's arms pool. An idea I had that I think would work well would be combining the Settlers, Confederacy, and Union factions into 1 US faction since the war is 20 years over and the US government is actively calling the shots on the frontier as they engage in endless wars with the natives (which is why the Settlers faction would be axed and soft replaced by the Lawmen faction.) Meanwhile, take the Plains Indian faction and split it up into 3 factions (Apache, Sioux, Pawnee for example). This would give this hypothetical mod its own distinction compared to 1860's OA. Firstly, because it would offer poetic contrast to 1860's America layout where it's the United States that's split into 3 factions (Union, Settlers, Confeds) while the natives are one homogenous powerhouse group, but this way around would be the polar opposite with America completely united (west of the Mississippi that is) while the Natives are the ones who are disunified and vulnerable, which would be congruent with history as the tribes were in deep decline at this point. That brings me to my second point: with this layout the flow of the campaign would naturally mirror the era as the US faction, now the alpha faction, would be making peace with some native faction(s) while warring with another in a wash-rinse-repeat cycle. Gradually wearing down and conquering them one by one until the entire west is in its control like it did in real life with it's various treaties and false truces. I don't know Mexican history all that well but all I was thinking for them was just giving all of Mexico to whatever faction won whatever it was that was going on there in the 1860s mod.

You wouldn't have to even touch the clothing because the Army uniforms of the 1880s were pretty much the 1860s union ones. Same goes for the natives. All you'd really have to alter are the names, and combine/split existing factions. Everything I'm suggesting I suggest with currently existing assets in mind only. Nothing requiring any new modeling or anything strenuous. Just taking what's already there and moving a few things around. Like I said, I'm just tossing this out mostly for the sake of saying I tried. It may have it's imperfections but I am a great fan of your mod and can't count how many nights I've enjoyed just roaming the map and making up my own stories as I went. Thing I figure about Wild West games of recent years that I find low-key frustrating is how so so so so so much of Western media is rooted in the 1870s/1880s yet all the games that come out these days either go with a supernatural gimmick or, in the case of the Red Dead series, set themselves in the 1900s where in reality the Wild West was already over. Maybe I have OCD, or some form of undiagnosed Autism, but I'm just dying to play something that's officially set in that era like all the movies, shows and books are. Where outlaws and train robberies were actually a thing and plausible unlike the 1900s. That's why I get such a kick out of your mod and the original 1866 for M&B 1. Any way that's that. Peace to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom