Shield Wall Event thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginthus said:
Everytime theres an event i got my hands tied in something else  :neutral: , and i probaly wont make it the 23rd since its my birthday.

The event's weekly - hopefully you can make it to the 30th  :smile:

Hipparchia said:
I'm trying to bring some French people to Normans  :smile:
Maybe not for this time though !

The more, the merrier!

Maybe we'll be having Vikings vs Normans? Didn't expect that!

Last week we had 41 votes and 40 players attended.
This week we have 70 votes.

This is shaping up to be massive and epic, guys. Try not to miss it, and get others to join you!

Gah, I'm on vacation and have a really crappy internet connection, and I won't be home until the 24th... Hopefully it won't be long until the next event.

I have a suggestion for this event. It's historical and will make the battle a little more interesting.

To get everyone pumped up for the battle, each team will send out one troop to duel one on one in the middle of the field. Think of the two combatants as berserkers. Then whenever the duel is finished, the winning team's berserker will rejoin their team's shield wall and the battle will begin.

MarkusTheManslayer said:
I have a suggestion for this event. It's historical and will make the battle a little more interesting.

To get everyone pumped up for the battle, each team will send out one troop to duel one on one in the middle of the field. Think of the two combatants as berserkers. Then whenever the duel is finished, the winning team's berserker will rejoin their team's shield wall and the battle will begin.

We do that occasionally, but not every round.

Great to hear!
I let people choose what team they'll be on (I open the channels, and people switch to them on their own - if you don't switch, I'll assume you don't care and will assign you to one)

I would be joining in on this, but since my uncle won't listen to reason of why we should play online, I can't. He believes that playing online will give the computer a virus. And he refuses to download Teamspeak or a firewall to prevent viruses/hacking in the first place. :roll:

Any ideas to convince him otherwise?

Other than it's Warband + Online + REAL people + Vikings. :razz:

Just say you'll give something up if you get a virus or somesuch.

Also, if it turns out you can't make it... RipperX will be there to get some awesome footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom