Share your COMPLETE custom faction trees here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Really great work making all these :grin:
I only tried the Hycorian so far but im gonna try out others at some point.

However it seems I get the crash bug when you click on them in your party. Only python ones work and there are not many python troop trees. :sad:
No one knows how to fix this?

Too, technical, idk, quite easy.
the spoiler contains a screen of the custom troop editor
Technical.jpg
heres the link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

If you're too lazy try out my troop tree

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,65319.0.html

Plazek said:
Really great work making all these :grin:
I only tried the Hycorian so far but im gonna try out others at some point.

However it seems I get the crash bug when you click on them in your party. Only python ones work and there are not many python troop trees. :sad:
No one knows how to fix this?

plazek, they have too many custom troops, there's a troop limit which forced me to butcher some of the standard ones, to be more precise, the default one and well, yeah, wipe out the gender difference to be only male.

check my one, gonna finish V2 sometime when i've grown bored of PoP2...

Ok i tried making a tree right? i put in the codes and try to save it for the troops and it says that it cant save the file and that i need to make sure the paths are correct.. umm this is pissing me off can i get some helP?

Lord Anthony said:
Ok i tried making a tree right? i put in the codes and try to save it for the troops and it says that it cant save the file and that i need to make sure the paths are correct.. umm this is pissing me off can i get some helP?

Did you remember to update each and every troop after you're done editing it, never had this problem, had some errors though through the process when i overused it.
Here's a tip: Update and save after every troop you don't get an error with. Had a huge problem when I butchered the sergeant of the default tree. Had to redo the entire .txt file from scratch.  :neutral:

Arcturus said:
Here is my troop tree. I haven't named the faction because I can't  come up with a good name. I used only native items so they look like a mix of rhodoks, nords and swadians.

I think it's quite balanced but the archer tree seems to upgrade too easily.

here's a name, Eclatian. What you think?

up their levels, the higher the level on the troop, the longer it takes them to upgrade, the level difference between the tiers has no effect at all. it's the actual troop level that decides the time it takes for him/her to upgrade.  :smile:

P.S.: Militia are usually worse equipped than footmen in an army, just wanted to point that out.
p.p.s.: How bout changing the town guard to officer?

Plazek said:
Pistoliers? :grin:

yes, indeed, the final tier of the archer line. and there are mounted ones as well  :wink:

just a question, ever considered to add a slaver line to the tree, check my tree out, have a detailed pic there of the tree, it can be  like 1-2 units long and the macemen you have could be replaced with swordsmen, they're really good for cutting a swathe through lightly armored enemies.
and besides, i can always reserve 2hrs for the troop tree every day i have nothing else to do, time to get up and get started, unfortunately i'll have to kill off all the females just to get the trees strengths even further defined...  :wink:

My first forum post in a while, and it took this mod to get me out of lurking again. :razz:

Here is my current tree, not any fundamental difference between it and the native trees (At least Swad and Vaegir), just some added upgrade flexibility and variation. Maybe I'll post individual screens later.

Each unit promotes to the at most two units located beneath it. In my lack of foresight, I made the interval between tiers a straight line, so there might be some lack of clarity there. For example, the dragoon can only promote to the swordsman and the knight, not the pathfinder nor ranger. Green is for infantry, red for cavalry, and blue for ranged, with a few units that encompass dual roles. Names aren't meant to be historically accurate or sensible, and the tier-6 units are meant to take a helluva long time to train, "officers", if you will.

EasyCo said:
I'm curious. Can anyone tell me if any of the current custom faction trees work with this version?
Sorry, for now you only have the native factions, the adventurers, bandits, mercenaries and peasants and you can edit the files to change the Custom faction (in the original files there are only two recruits) to your troop tree. That will change.

Captain Proof said:
Forgive my noobish question but what all do I need to make custom troops for custom settlements?(Besides the Troop editor)
Use only the troop editor, change the two custom recruits (trp_custom_recruit and trp_f_custom_recruit) and add the new upper troops.
This changes the file troops.txt, the additions and changes will look like those seen in the spoilers in Gordulan's 1st post. To use these troops in the game you need to start a new game.

My Greek troop tree

Athenian hoplite(fast)--Athenian veteran hoplite
                                                            /
                                                  Hoplite--Spartan hoplite(strong)--Spartan veteran hoplite
                                                /
                                Doryphoroi--Scout--Greek light cavalry-- Theban cavalry
                              /
Helot-->Greek militia
                              \
                                Slave peltast--Thureophoroi--Hypaspist--Corinthian Hypaspist--Corinthian veteran Hypaspist
                                                  \
                                                    Greek peltast--Agrianian Peltast--Agrianian veteran Peltast
                                                                        \
                                                                          Cretan archer--Cretan Chosen Archer

I add items from others mod to inspire the look of unit
now I can lead Greek to rule the land :mrgreen:

The Illorain;

Illorian Archer - Illorian Longbowman
Archer                                                              /
                                                Illorian Yeoman - Ranger of Illorain - Druid of Illorain
                                              /
                    Illorian Skirmisher - Illorian Raider          Illorian Maceman - Illorian Quartermaster
                  /                                                          /
Illorian Militia                          Illorian Medium Infantry - Illorian Spearman - Illorian Pikeman
                  \                        /                                                              \
                    Illorian Footman                                                                Illorian Halberdier - Royal Guard of Illorain
Infantry                                \                                                               
                                            Illorian Heavy Infantry - Illorian Saliant - Illorian Goliath
                                                                          |                        \
                                                              Illorian Horseman              Captain of Illorain
                                                            /                        \
Cavalry                                  Knight of Illorain                  Paladin of Illorain
                                                      |                                          |
                                            Cavalier of Illorain              Crusader of Illorain

Heres my Caelan Tribes Faction(Caelan is Gaelic for Victorious People) I'm new to this so don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

Caelan Rabblerouser
                                                                                        |
                                                                            Caelan Clansman
                                                                                        |
                                                                              Caelan Recruit
                                        ___________________________|____________________________
                                        |                                                                                                |
                          Caelan Swordsman                                                                          Caelan Kern
                                        |                                                                                                |
                            Caelan Veteran                                                                              Caelan Hunter
                                        |____________________                                                              |
                          Caelan Swordsmaster                  |                                                  Caelan Archer
            ________________|                    Caelan Horseman                                                  |
            |                          |                                  |                                                  Caelan  Ranger
  Caelan Galloglas    Caelan Ancestral Guard    Caelan Calvaryman                                          |
            |                                                              |                                                  Caelan Hawkeye
Caelan Champion                                          Caelan Mounted Noble                                      |
            |                                                              |                                                  Fiachran Ranger
Caelan Woad                                                Caelan Dueran                                                |
            |                                                                                                                      Fiachran Fox
Caelan Stormlord

I'm thinking about expanding it a little but this is like a beta.I haven't put together a troop tree for the females yet

I couldn't help but to ninjafy this mod, it was to awesome not to be ninjafied...  :mrgreen:

I've assigned samurai outfit to all of the troops.

1. Senmin (female and male)
            2. Ryomin
                  3. Bushi
                        4. Bushi
                              5. Bushi
                                    6. Samurai
                                          7. Samurai
                                              8. Samurai
                                                    9. Samurai
                                                          10. Elite Samurai
                                                          10. Heavy Samurai
                                          7. Mounted Samurai
                                              8. Mounted Samurai
                                                    9. Mounted Samurai
                                                          10. Elite Samurai
                                                          10. Heavy Samurai
                        4. Ashigaru
                              5. Ashigaru
                                    6. Ashigaru
                                          7. Ashigaru
                                                8. Ashigaru
                                                      9. Ashigaru
                  3. Sashu
                        4. Sashu
                              5. Sashu
                                    6. Kyodo
                                          7. Kyodo
                                                8. Kyodo
                                                      9. Kyodo
                                                            10. Elite Kyodo
                                          7. Mounted Kyodo
                                                8. Mounted Kyodo
                                                      9. Mounted Kyodo
                                                            10. Elite Kyodo
                                    6. Chu Ko Nu
                                          7. Chu Ko Nu
                                                8. Chu Ko Nu
                                                      9. Chu Ko Nu

I know it's long, but don't blame me! You asked!  :grin:

Me:
mb1fkc.png
mb3z.png

Thymo said:
      1. Senmin (female and male)
            2. Ryomin
                  3. Bushi
                        4. Bushi
                              5. Bushi
                                    6. Samurai
                                          7. Samurai
                                              8. Samurai
                                                    9. Samurai
                                                          10. Elite Samurai
                                                          10. Heavy Samurai
                                          7. Mounted Samurai
                                              8. Mounted Samurai
                                                    9. Mounted Samurai
                                                          10. Elite Samurai
                                                          10. Heavy Samurai
                        4. Ashigaru
                              5. Ashigaru
                                    6. Ashigaru
                                          7. Ashigaru
                                                8. Ashigaru
                                                      9. Ashigaru
                  3. Sashu
                        4. Sashu
                              5. Sashu
                                    6. Kyodo
                                          7. Kyodo
                                                8. Kyodo
                                                      9. Kyodo
                                                            10. Elite Kyodo
                                          7. Mounted Kyodo
                                                8. Mounted Kyodo
                                                      9. Mounted Kyodo
                                                            10. Elite Kyodo
                                    6. Chu Ko Nu
                                          7. Chu Ko Nu
                                                8. Chu Ko Nu
                                                      9. Chu Ko Nu
I thought the Chu Ko Nu was the Chinese repeating crossbow and not something the Japanese used?

Berpol said:
I thought the Chu Ko Nu was the Chinese repeating crossbow and not something the Japanese used?

Yes, my Chu Ko Nu are Chinese! That's why I've given them Chinese armours... :wink:

They were too awesome not to include!  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom