Settlements Scenes Bugs & Feedback Thread (0.675)

Users who are viewing this thread

Went to Empten - got the following message "unable to load scene objects scn_custom_settlements_e1m0_34". Empton was a village owned by Katrin at the time. I rode into village. There were no buildings. All the villagers were standing in a group. (GE installed)

PR

Pale Rider said:
Went to Empten - got the following message "unable to load scene objects scn_custom_settlements_elm_0_34". I believe Empton was E1M0 at the time. I rode into village. There were no buildings. All the villagers were standing in a group. (GE installed)

PR

All the Empt*** villages has that problem :wink: I believe those are for people who can make scenes theirselves...
Had the same problem :wink:

I've been to other EMPTxxx when they were camps and had no problem.
I noticed in the scene editing thread Epmten isn't finished. I will assume it is normal for the AI to upgrade a settlement even though scenes haven't been built for the upgrades. I don't want to report a common/known bug.

PR

Pale Rider said:
I noticed in the scene editing thread Epmten isn't finished. I will assume it is normal for the AI to upgrade a settlement even though scenes haven't been built for the upgrades. I don't want to report a common/known bug.

PR

I'm just a player myself, so don't know the solution. Just had ik some times :smile:(the bug)

Pale Rider said:

PR

Yes, the AI will upgrade any settlement regardless of whether or not it is empty.

The settlements that start with 'Empt' but have a camp scene include:
Empto (settlement 6)
Emptin (14)
Emptai (19)
Emptsic (2:cool:
Emptauk (29)
Emptoor (30)

The ones that do not include:
Empten (34)
Emptle (35)
Empty_45
Empty_46
Empty_47
Empty_48
Empty_49
Empty_50

To test for higher level upgrades, look for the existence of a file: "scn_custom_settlement_eXmX_##.sco" in "Mount&Blade/Modules/Custom Settlements 0.675/SceneObj".

The quality of the camp scenes for empty settlements varies wildly. Some are full copies of other settlements, some are really just empty.

well i had a problem with those EMPTxxx village too  :mad: had a scn_custom_settlements_e0m0_46.sco error  :cry: each time i tried to attack the village either i get in the far corner (behind the leaving area) or the enemy is there(or the villagers) and we are stuck! so i retreat since i cant do anything :razz:

But i tried to just copy paste another scn_custom_settlements_e0m0_##.sco and rename it to the one i wanted and it worked :grin:

although all the scene object are either flying or underground... but its better then spawning behind the leaving area and being stuck! :razz:

FalconX4 said:
well i had a problem with those EMPTxxx village too  :mad: had a scn_custom_settlements_e0m0_46.sco error  :cry: each time i tried to attack the village either i get in the far corner (behind the leaving area) or the enemy is there(or the villagers) and we are stuck! so i retreat since i cant do anything :razz:

But i tried to just copy paste another scn_custom_settlements_e0m0_##.sco and rename it to the one i wanted and it worked :grin:

although all the scene object are either flying or underground... but its better then spawning behind the leaving area and being stuck! :razz:
If you want to make a complete change you also need to change the file scenes.txt. Take the lines for settlement ## and copy them over those for settlement 46. There are 9 entries for each settlement in the file (e0m0 to e2m2).

If there is enough demand I could make a "No Empties" patch and replace the scenes for Empto, Emptin, Emptai, Emptsic, Emptauk, Emptoor, Empten, Emptle, Empty_45, Empty_46, Empty_47, Empty_48, Empty_49 and Empty_50 with the scenes from another settlement. I never saw the need as each player has the tools and files to do it himself.

manekemaan said:
sorry no time to read al so it might have been said already but: when i talk to a weaponsmith and ask to see her goods my game crashes.
Search the bug thread about "torch". Because of the scripts attached to it the game crashes when you see it in an inventory. Change it to not merchandise or remove the script.

hey guys I'm new to M&B scene making
but I have build a scene and I think it's pretty good
(still needs some progres)
if someone would ask me to post screenshots I will post some :grin:
btw the scene is "emptoor"

cheers, Berend

I really hope this isn't dead!

With Esgaroth, if you do a mock siege, everyone (all 6 of us) spawns with lances on a horse. Which, on a wooden floating city with poles sticking up everywhere, isn't the most practical battle, you end up just getting off and stabbing people with your lance. Also, you can't get to the other wooden bit, you sink in the water first, and all the prisoners go to that bit, but they just stand there and do nothing. I hope that makes sense. Bear in mind i have military 0 and economy 0.

Edit: Actually there's a net there. They run around it occasionally. But you still can't get to it.

Edit again: quarrymen/woman run around with thier clothes off, like the prisoners. I think they should at least have normal clothes, if not mining gear.

And again: In grenlandsby, there is a little wooded pathway to the camp, but when there's a battle/inquisition/mock siege, everyone charges through the woods. I wonder if the path could be made straight, or so that they prefer going on the path?

после скачивания и установки патча Custom_Settlements_0.675 игра не запускается выдает ошибку об отсутствии файла  costumes_а.brf что делать?

Violentore said:
после скачивания и установки патча Custom_Settlements_0.675 игра не запускается выдает ошибку об отсутствии файла  costumes_а.brf что делать?
I don't know Russian but based on the two things I can read you either use M&B Warbands or an older version of M&B.
Make sure you use M&B 1.011

freakin wat said:
I really hope this isn't dead!
It's at least in a coma, I try to do some changes but it takes time.

freakin wat said:
With Esgaroth, if you do a mock siege, everyone (all 6 of us) spawns with lances on a horse. Which, on a wooden floating city with poles sticking up everywhere, isn't the most practical battle, you end up just getting off and stabbing people with your lance. Also, you can't get to the other wooden bit, you sink in the water first, and all the prisoners go to that bit, but they just stand there and do nothing. I hope that makes sense. Bear in mind i have military 0 and economy 0.
The mock siege is identical for every settlement so you get mounted lancers.

freakin wat said:
Edit: Actually there's a net there. They run around it occasionally. But you still can't get to it.
I will take a look at Esgaroth, perhaps it has errors in the ai mesh.

freakin wat said:
Edit again: quarrymen/woman run around with thier clothes off, like the prisoners. I think they should at least have normal clothes, if not mining gear.
I'm currently working on the troops, this is part of the next change.

freakin wat said:
And again: In grenlandsby, there is a little wooded pathway to the camp, but when there's a battle/inquisition/mock siege, everyone charges through the woods. I wonder if the path could be made straight, or so that they prefer going on the path?
I have to check the ai mesh, what upgrade was the settlement?

freakin wat said:
I did my check some time ago but I forgot to post it here.
Esgaroth does not use AI Mesh but AI limiters (some kind of invisible wall). Because of this you can't reach all places. The way the place is done really needs AI Mesh though as there are very few straight paths.

freakin wat said:
Several settlements don't have AI Mesh so everyone tries to walk in a straight line.
Someone would have to add the AI Mesh to these settlements, but I would do this only if there was a modder who revived the mod.

Hi,

haven´t found info about a scene bug I found: In Whitecreek things are floating in the air, trees, parts of buildings. And I´m sure I followed the install instructions.....

Anything known about that?

greetings DuncanIdaho

Piaf: stupid me, stupid search function: found the advice how to solve, but didn´t work. Landscape doesn´t fit building placement or vice versa.

I dont know if this is a bug or not, but every time i try playing it it crashes and says " Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf"

I think you have an older version. that "*.brf" file is a resource file with the graphics for some clothes or armor.

Lup_Alb said:
I think you have an older version. that "*.brf" file is a resource file with the graphics for some clothes or armor.
Hmmm...do you know how to make it work? Or at least change versions so it works?

Try the version I have worked with and placed a link here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=68400.new#new

Back
Top Bottom