Seeking opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to implement when a horse gets killed in battle you get horse meat? I know its an odd suggestion but its still fresh meat after all and I can see any reason why it wouldn't get eaten.

Mounted combat just wasn't much of a factor during this setting. They carried a soldier to the battlefield (if he could afford a horse) and then typically dismounted to fight on foot. I'm pretty sure that is how the Anglo-Saxon did it anyway. Plus horses were just too valuable/expensive to use in battle. I think I remember that the Irish used horses for fighting though, or was that in a later time period?

I only use a horse when first starting the game. Once I get a few troops with me I use the horse only for faster traveling on the world map. I don't really see a issue with the current way they are implemented imo.

Well fighting mounted is okay when you are going solo or only have a few troops. However I find it diminishes the immersion when two armies collide. Besides you get way more kills on foot this way than mounted. Kind of hard to be a part of the shield wall atop a horse.

i either use a horse for transport to a good spot and then fight on foot in larger battles or if i outnumber them to crush the enemy beneith its hooves.

or have a decent sized cavalry and swing round and charge there flank

having more common cripiling of the horses would be good i think, i think they increased the cripiling rate in fire and sword and that makes me value my horse more.

also just watched dalkars little lord of the rings gif image lol, very funny.

Back
Top Bottom