Scottish Independence

Users who are viewing this thread

Trebor said:
Independence as a matter of fact i'm for the independence of any and every country.
Catalonia, Basque, Bavaria, Venetia, Sapmi, Wallonia, Flanders, Kurdistan stronk!

Trebor said:
Independence as a matter of fact i'm for the independence of any and every country.
Every province and state in the world could considers its regional identity as national, sooo.

Flin Flon said:
Trebor said:
Every province and state in the world could considers its regional identity as national, sooo.
Not really, Portugal for one, while there are a few regional rivalries, it's almost never in a particularly significant manner, and in the end we are content with the fact that we belong to the same country and we all find the true sense of belonging in the nationality, which is what ends up mattering.

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
But only Europe gets to do it. Look at all these cute little eebee weebee countries  :smile:

FRYSLÂN STRONK. FRYSLÂN BIG.

edit; Fryslân would, with just the province, be bigger than Luxembourg already. Jeeesus. AND with a larger population. Not as lumpy though.

Have they ever seriously suggested that? I'm only aware of the north-Italian tendency for kicking Sicily or all of southern-Italy aside.

It's been going on for a while now, but Italy is just like w/e

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venetian_Independence

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26604044

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/venice-seeks-independence-from-italy-in-unofficial-poll-9209991.html

AWdeV said:
Uhtred Dunkerch said:
But only Europe gets to do it. Look at all these cute little eebee weebee countries  :smile:

edit; Fryslân would, with just the province, be bigger than Luxembourg already. Jeeesus. AND with a larger population. Not as lumpy though.

Terrible example. Luxembourg is and always has been a ****ty excuse for a country.

Mage246 said:
Terrible example. Luxembourg is and always has been a ****ty excuse for a country.
Atleast Luxembourg has proper castles, unlike USA.

Mage246 said:
AWdeV said:
Uhtred Dunkerch said:

True, but a country nevertheless. It's not like I used Sealand as an example here.

That's cos a large part of Luxemburg is part of Belgium  :grin:

And, yeah, Italy only has the Liga Norte thing going on I think. Although when I was in Sicily this summer, the people there are pretty epic as well. "Would you like the Jamon de Parma or the NATIONAL GREATEST Jamon?"

Took me a while to realise all the 'National' food in Sicily was actually Sicilian (they were super happy when we always chose the Sicilian specialities)

So we have: Scotland, Basque, Catalonia, Flanders with serious separatistic tendencies? I think Catalonia has more than 50% separatistic trend, Scotland maybe at 40% and Flanders maybe at around the same % or less?

There were actually some venetians a while ago who macGyvered themselves a sort of tank which they wanted to use in some sort of coup.

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
So we have: Scotland, Basque, Catalonia, Flanders with serious separatistic tendencies? I think Catalonia has more than 50% separatistic trend, Scotland maybe at 40% and Flanders maybe at around the same % or less?

Poll today puts Scotland at 47% for a Yes vote.  The Catalans are likely to vote Yes regrdless of the result in Scotland - they have before, but the referendums were ignored and declared illegal by Madrid.  Luckily we have the Edinburgh Agreement to pevent that happening here.

The funniest thing about a possible Flanders/Wallonia split is that it could end up placing Brussels temporarily outside the EU.  :lol:

That's if they stick to the rules on the accession of "new states" that Barroso claimed they'd use for an independent Scotland.  It wouldn't take them long to change their rules if it actually happened though.

Back
Top Bottom