[S] Historic Castles Project - the British Isles [Released for Warband]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Adorno,

Fantastic castles, wondering if you could possibly help me with using your castles.

I am currently playing Brytenwalda mod which is amazing and I believe you designed quite a few of the castles in Brytenwalda.

What I am wanting to do is put your Motte and Bailey Castles into Brytenwalda and I have read through your posts and I have tried to put them in but every time I do the terrain is strange and can not fathom how to change the terrain.

Is there any chance you could let me know how I could put your Motte and Bailey Castles into Brytenwalda as that would be wonderful.

Appreciate it.

Cheers.

Thank you. I also made all castles in Brytenwalda, except one.
In order for the castles to work in Brytenwalda (or any other mod) you need to also copy the terrain code.
That's why you get the wrong terrain.

Each scene has a terrain code found in the scenes.txt file. For example:

scn_castle_20_exterior castle_20_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000130025cb20006097f00005b1400000e2f00005fd9

The last part of the code (blue) is the terrain.
In the parties.txt file you will find the number of the castle. For example:

castle_20 Gyldeford

Then go to the scenes.txt file and copy the terrain code.

Thanks Adorno.

Greatly appreciate your reply, will go and have a go this evening.

FYi the castles in Brytenwalda are tremendous, especially the hill fort at Bamburgh (Bebbanburg)

Cheers.

The screen shots really made me feel like it was a more detailed Total War game or something very much like it-- bravo good ser, bravo.

Awesome work man!

I recommend this. :3

I read "Llanstefan" and got all excited, since Lansteffan is also another name for Launceston in Cornish. Then I saw it was a Welsh castle and cried a little. :C

Better late than never, but you did a bloody great job on these castles Adorno. Noticed the marvels you created for Brytenwalda a while back, you're definitely one of the most skilled mappers we have around here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trim_Castle

I wish Trim Castle could be done. It guarded the River Boyne and was the outer boundary of the Pale, and was the venue for several parliaments of the Lordship of Ireland. The castle itself, the undulating landscape, small town and some monasteries and churches nearby, would work very well with the existing models. I will give it a go.

I have not tried it yet, but just from the screenshot, it is clear you have talent ! Looks like a lot of work and care went into making all this!

If they work well, I hope Taleworlds will integrate the spririt of this module in  the new game.

Back
Top Bottom