[S] Diplomacy (old discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i see, im often thinking of it, also thinking that we can seperate with our troops so i can lure the enemy and catch a bandit. But im not posting that idea because im fail to see that conection with diplomatic mods. Dont know, what do u think?

terrorib said:
no just like
eeehw a lord recruits a few soldiers a day
u give him money and he recruits like 20
give him money again he recruits another 20

go from village to village, try refreshing my army for 2-3 man recruiting, its wasting about 20 percent of my gameplay. Seperating companion for recruiting army, sounds good to me, and yea like i said, such a coincidence im often thinking of it. :wink:

Cyhort said:
Nevermind, I figured that out but not I have another huge problem. I loaded up my save game and went into Halmar to see my chamberlin and there is nothing in my castle except people and they're all facing the wall. There is no way to exit the castle through the door either. When I hit tab to go walk around the city the city doesn't load. All I get is a field with the armorer, guild master etc. standing in a row facing away from me and some error message saying "scene failed to load" or something. So this is completely unplayable for me.

Seems that you didn't copy all needed files.

You need to copy the native folder, rename it to Diplomacy_v1.8.3beta and than extract the Diploamcy_v1.8.3beta.zip into the Modules folder overwriting the files.

i menaged to find a bug, it happens after you decide to make your own kingdom. Basicly what it does is that it keeps your old lands as yours(without actualy switching them to your faction), however you still get tax incomes and tax ineficiency from them, and your chamberalain keeps track of them and can change taxes there, while your wife doesnt keep any record of them meaning you cant give your old lands away) .
I am thinking the bug has something to do with chamberlain changes

hey

Very nice idea. Can you tell me which files are exactly changed for your mod? Because i have changed few and I want keep correctness.

regards

Here are the results of the poll 'To what extent should the chamberlain decrease the tax inefficiency?':

0% - 14 (9%)
5% - 32 (20.6%)
10% - 109 (70.3%)

Result is evident. Thanks to everybody who voted.

bartic said:
hey

Very nice idea. Can you tell me which files are exactly changed for your mod? Because i have changed few and I want keep correctness.

regards

Currently:

module_constants.py
module_dialogs.py
module_game_menus.py
module_info.py
module_party_templates.py
module_presentations.py
module_scripts.py
module_simple_triggers.py
module_string.py
module_triggers.py
module_troops.py
module_items.py

_DI said:
Hello Waihti and thanks for the excellent work!
I have this problem:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=114095.new#new

Could you see why this problem may occur?
Here is the save (Warband 1.113 + Diplomacy 1.8.3)
http://www.box.net/shared/gqph3xk50h

Just scanned the code, looks like it's a native bug. Didn't go into depth though. However, it's not related to Diplomacy.

Aight, so there are a lot of cool features in the newest release. Do you know what has changed in the .txt files: troops.txt and party_templates.txt?

dave_k said:
Aight, so there are a lot of cool features in the newest release. Do you know what has changed in the .txt files: troops.txt and party_templates.txt?

troops.txt:
Added 'trp_chamberlain', 'trp_constable', 'trp_recruiter'

party_templates.txt:
Added 'pt_spouse','pt_recruiter'

items_kinds1.txt
Added 'itm_coat_of_plates_red_constable'

Waihti said:
dave_k said:

troops.txt:
Added 'trp_chamberlain', 'trp_constable', 'trp_recruiter'

party_templates.txt:
Added 'pt_spouse','pt_recruiter'

items_kinds1.txt
Added 'itm_coat_of_plates_red_constable'
Thanks for the quick answer <3

When merged with Pike&Blade it seems that there are two problems.

1. The chamberlain looks like a Rhodok Sergeant Pikemen, while the recruiter (constable?) looks like a regular Rhodok Pikeman (probably due to changes pike&blade makes in troops.txt?). This is a minor bug which doesn't bother me much.

2. I can't seem to be able to recruit any soldiers... I would choose the realm where I want to recruit soldiers and the recruiter would say something along the lines of: "each recruit will be 20 denars, and the recruiter will cost 10 denars, how many troops do you want to recruit?" Then my character will answer without giving me any option to choose from: "None".
This worries me a lot since I really wanted not to have to go around the villages recruiting soldiers.

dave_k said:
1. The chamberlain looks like a Rhodok Sergeant Pikemen, while the recruiter (constable?) looks like a regular Rhodok Pikeman (probably due to changes pike&blade makes in troops.txt?). This is a minor bug which doesn't bother me much.

Yes, there are some problems regarding the troop which is assigned to the chamberlain. Current solution is: dismiss him, and reappoint him via spouse. I am going to make a few improvments in the next version which should hopefully fix this.

dave_k said:
2. I can't seem to be able to recruit any soldiers... I would choose the realm where I want to recruit soldiers and the recruiter would say something along the lines of: "each recruit will be 20 denars, and the recruiter will cost 10 denars, how many troops do you want to recruit?" Then my character will answer without giving me any option to choose from: "None".
This worries me a lot since I really wanted not to have to go around the villages recruiting soldiers.

Money for recruting is drawn from the treasury. So you need a chamberlain and you have to put money into the treasury to make it work. Maybe the dialogs aren't clear enough. I will check that.

Paric said:
i menaged to find a bug, it happens after you decide to make your own kingdom. Basicly what it does is that it keeps your old lands as yours(without actualy switching them to your faction), however you still get tax incomes and tax ineficiency from them, and your chamberalain keeps track of them and can change taxes there, while your wife doesnt keep any record of them meaning you cant give your old lands away) .

A bit of follow up info, the bug is still there with 1.9 update, my previus fiefs are still listed in my budget report, financial reports given from chamberlain. However they still belong to another kingdom on map and cant be given out by me to my vasals or as gifts to other kings.(basicly they should be relinquished to my old king when i left vasalship to form my own kingdom but somehow they still remain in my posesion and i cant semm to get rid of them, they still recognise me as their owner if i go there eventhough they are not a part of my kingdom on map).
Hope there is some solution to this other than restarting my game:smile: thx in advance for your help and keep up the good work with mod Wahiti cuz its really awsome adition to the depth of the game.

Paric said:
Paric said:

A bit of follow up info, the bug is still there with 1.9 update, my previus fiefs are still listed in my budget report, financial reports given from chamberlain. However they still belong to another kingdom on map and cant be given out by me to my vasals or as gifts to other kings.(basicly they should be relinquished to my old king when i left vasalship to form my own kingdom but somehow they still remain in my posesion and i cant semm to get rid of them, they still recognise me as their owner if i go there eventhough they are not a part of my kingdom on map).
Hope there is some solution to this other than restarting my game:smile: thx in advance for your help and keep up the good work with mod Wahiti cuz its really awsome adition to the depth of the game.

can you upload a save game? I believe it's a native bug, not sure though.

Ok, the Chamberlain and Constable work just fine now.

Another thing: when you ask your chamberlain about the financial report, if you have no tax inefficiency, there is a bug because the code attempts to divide by 0 (0% tax inefficiency).
Code:
SCRIPT WARNING: Division by zero; LINE NO: 47:
At dialog condition: dlga_chamberlain_overview:chamberlain_pretalk.

There is a RGL ERROR when my game is loading, and it says "Unable to open file:CommonRes\weapon_meshes_e.brf".
Is it because something went wrong in my installation?
Thanks.

fkos said:
There is a RGL ERROR when my game is loading, and it says "Unable to open file:CommonRes\weapon_meshes_e.brf".
Thanks.

My game loads without errors.

Is there a way to use the savegame from beta 1.8.3?

Taliac said:
fkos said:
Thanks.

My game loads without errors.

Is there a way to use the savegame from beta 1.8.3?
The problem is solved by updating the game :grin:

dave_k said:
Ok, the Chamberlain and Constable work just fine now.

Another thing: when you ask your chamberlain about the financial report, if you have no tax inefficiency, there is a bug because the code attempts to divide by 0 (0% tax inefficiency).
Code:
SCRIPT WARNING: Division by zero; LINE NO: 47:

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom