[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you strated the game ? When its on the laucher menu where it has native press the arrow
and it should have 1257 ad or something along that line.
Hope that helps.

Aike said:
THEMIK said:
1/3 I play a battle I gets ERRORS and the game go down :sad:

I also get runtime errors in combat which crashes the game. Have't tried the hotfix yet, but not sure if it will help anyway(as the hotfix doesn't change anything in combat).

Edit: i've been getting errors on saving as well. Sometimes it won't save it just crashes. Love playing this mod i hope you come across whats wrong and you are able to fix them :smile:.

Spotted a few other in game issuses.
-The hunting bow is stronger than alot of other bows that require Draw Power.
-Companions still refer to the world as Calradia when discussing the realm/world.

Yeah i'm getting crashes also.

But small suggestion, more arrows/bolts/thrown in one item please.

coburnw said:
Have you strated the game ? When its on the laucher menu where it has native press the arrow
Hope that helps.

No it doesn't have that on the launcher menu, and another thing, when I try to extract the files to warband/module, it extracts the files to my desk top?

Played this for a while. It's very nice, even though it's still in Alpha. Some of the names concerning the nordic countries may need changing, as a few names were different in the older days. Trondheim was called Nidaros, Copenhagen is in Danish København. And Selbu in Norway is such a small place that you might want to use a village that was more known at that time, like Stjørdal.
If you need any more Nordic names, send me a PM.

In the end, a very nice module that I think will be very popular as the beta comes closer.

killkhan said:
coburnw said:
Hope that helps.

No it doesn't have that on the launcher menu, and another thing, when I try to extract the files to warband/module, it extracts the files to my desk top?

The only thing i can think of if you havnt tried yet is to
extract on desktop and move the folder to Warband Modules
if that doesnt work im afraid i dont know sorry.

P.S When you are extracting are you selecting the option that says
Extract files and it ask you where you want them to be extracting to ?

May I suggest a standardized troop tree:

Farmer ----> Recruit -----> Footman ------> Infantry -------> Veteran Infantry --------> (huscarls for nords e.g)

------> Cavalry Scout ------> Squire -------> Knight

-----> Spearman ------> Veteran Spearman               

----> Hunter -----> Archer -----> Veteran Archer ------> (longbowmen for brits e.g)
                                                    ------> Crossbowman

And of course each faction would have a few unique units.

EDIT: Also, obviously each faction would have units armored and skilled slightly different.

coburnw said:
killkhan said:
coburnw said:
Hope that helps.

I am.

killkhan said:
coburnw said:
killkhan said:
coburnw said:
Hope that helps.

I am.
Sorry mate i have know idea whats wrong hopefully someone else can help you.

Ohh by the way have you got it with STEAM ? because if you have like i have you have to go in steam apps
and put the module in the Warband folder there.

Sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Oh yeah 7-zip forgot about that i prosumed you was using WinRar. I dont use it myself so i couldnt
help you sorry.

I just downloaded the mod - looks awsome btw.

I was following your tip on how to slow down campaign movement speed but I keep getting this message when I try to save the change.

"Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Mount&BladeWarband\Modules\1257ad_wb_0.7\module.ini file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct."

Not sure what the problem is but it wont let me change the speed.

coburnw said:
killkhan said:
coburnw said:
killkhan said:
coburnw said:
Hope that helps.

I am.
Sorry mate i have know idea whats wrong hopefully someone else can help you.

Ohh by the way have you got it with STEAM ? because if you have like i have you have to go in steam apps
and put the module in the Warband folder there.

Sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Oh yeah 7-zip forgot about that i prosumed you was using WinRar. I dont use it myself so i couldnt
help you sorry.
7-zip is bad if u extract into the modules file... i'd extract onto desktop and then move it in.. and the file u extracted into modules before is still there I don't know how u can find it by just going into the file.. but.. heres the trick i used to delete it.. right click on a 7-zip file and hit extract files...(aka browse where u wanna put it) and go to the modules part and the file u extracted that wouldn't show up before.. will show up (in the browse thing for 7-zip) just right click it and delete it.. BTW the reason u have to delete it is because the warband launcher will read that 1 and not the file u can see so its a pain to patch.. (sorry if this is hard to understand not the greatest writer :razz:)

zs1310 said:
how exactly do you get into the steam program files?
Usually C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common and then the game. That's on Windows Vista or 7 - if you are using XP I can't remember but it should be very similar.

I know I saw a few other posts about this but I just wanted to let you know. I am unable to progress past the first area when I start a character as Irish. The first normal attacker appears and then a naked, unarmed fighter appears right after I kill him and starts attacking me. Like I said I saw a post about it earlier but just wanted to see if there was an update on this issue. Also when I train my peasents in my town and then go to do the fight with the attacking bandits I crash.

Other then that I love the mod, really great job, I enjoy the mini map and troop counts in battle that is so much better then having to stop and display them. I think your factions waring with neighbors is awesome too. I can't say enough how much I love this mod, thanks for the quick port.

Impale said:
zs1310 said:
how exactly do you get into the steam program files?
Usually C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common and then the game. That's on Windows Vista or 7 - if you are using XP I can't remember but it should be very similar.

didnt work :sad: Thanks for trying to help though ill dig around more after work.

Wow, a CTD. God damn CTD. in the middle of a battle. Now this is an unpleasant suprise...

Othr, one other question: whats with the minimap in battles? It cant be switched off? I mean, its not such a big problem, mostly I just see "through" it but, does it really need to be there?

An Warband with 1257 mod -result is just stunning. looks fabulous. Although I admit here that I miss a bit Spankys factions style look and units...
Swadian Brother knight. He, couple of these heavy badass tank-troopers and one can tear down a whole kingdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom