RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

Users who are viewing this thread

The problem with Blood was the actual limitations of the game - namely I added so many new items it made the game crash when it ran. I would have had to remove some things to expand further and that sort of took the wind out of the project's sails. So I decided to divide it up a bit:

* I kept the Dark Tower/ V for Vendetta elements and the basic post-modern, post-holocaust game world and removed everything else, creating "Rust the Wheel".

* The necromancer set of items and many of Blood's elements got completely expanded into my most successful mod "Solid and Shade", which I am still contemplating using my vampire and werewolves models with - probably as just singular companions.

* The ninja items got moved to my Warband multiplayer ninja mod "Shinobi Kinzoku Hasu" or "Black Metal Lotus".

As such, I like the changes I have made and intend to keep them. The original Blood mod I do not intend to re-release though, as it is unfinished in many ways, and also, for purely aesthetic purposes. Onward and upward is the goal and I would rather not have the retarded ancestor of my current mods lurking around. :lol:

Blood is buried in the sands of time now, as it should be.

Aww, I wish I had tried it when it was still Blood.  It sounds awesome.  Oh, and any more work planned on this one?  I know you are busy, just asking.

I just did some digging into my old Laptop's hard-drive. I HAVE Blood v021 in a WinRAR Zip Archive! N0ught, can I have your permission to send a copy to people who ask or should I send it to you first or something? I know going back to Blood is the opposite direction you wanted to go in but the combined elements make the mod PRICELESS!

OH.  MAH.  BLOOD.  GAWD.  I need that so badly!  Even though BLOOD is dead and buried, it doesn't mean people don't wanna dig it up again.  I am your ever loyal minion and gravedigger after all!  I do believe that N0ught said he was adding some more BLOOD elements to his other mod, however, I'm glad to hear.

BTW My simple mind can't grasp the real meaning behind the poem in the first post. Can someone explain it in depth?

EDIT: I played Rust the Wheel a little more than I usually do today. Here's what my guy looks like so far-
2011082400002u.jpg

Also, I probably won't be active for maybe a week due to the impending hurricane. Just saying.

hi fellas ..... is this mod still active?! i know that n0ught also made the brilliant solid and shade mod and additional to that he has his own RL problems / activities. just askin if i / we can expect some further development?!

don't be hatin :p

greetings :smile:

Oh man, I have to post this. I was playing Rust the Wheel and I was doing one of the quests where I have to collect taxes from a village. You have no idea how satisfying it is when the peasents rose up and when the battle started I was with 3 units of White Crowd Control. It was so delicously fitting as we beat back the scoundrels.

Not sure about that poem either.  Seems like only N0ught knows...I hope you get through the hurricane okay!  Indeed, crowd control is meant for that. :eek:  I was so lucky to loot the bloody maniac set, so here is my character!

mb1j.png

The poem is about how all of civilization is a thin veneer over the true nature of the world and the people who inhabit it. Getting back to basics. Survival, rather than complacency. Life expectancy plummets when we "drink the rain" and "rust the wheel" and let society go - and yet the life one lives under such conditions, is possibly the most romantic kind. Just ask anyone who has gone camping for an extended period of time - they consider it a rewarding experience, if they truly learn the lesson therein - frankly it escapes many people, due to the way we take life for granted in this day and age.

That lesson is this: when we must struggle to live, life itself is the reward. :wink:

Huh?  I liked both of them, though the former was more fun, but the latter is nice and gritty.  I loved that new quality, that "grit".

Back
Top Bottom