Rune 2hander

Users who are viewing this thread

Heh, I don't believe it is. I think Abyss was pointing out that it's just a tad big to be swinging around in one hand off a horse.

Although I'm sure you can item-editor that mofo, and just uncheck the not usable on horseback thing.

eagle_eye said:
Just a quick question: can the rune two handed sword be used on horseback?

Yes, it can be. I'm currently using it on my character, and it's definitely usable (and fugging BEAST) on horseback.

Mariacello said:
Whoa, it is? Really? o_O

Yep! I'm rocking a Ruby Rune Two-hander from horseback with 8 points in power strike, and it's a regular occurrence for me to kill a passing warhorse and the knight riding it in a single swing. It's some serious ownage.

Now if I could just get another one for Siggy, although he seems to be doing just fine with the Dire Axe I looted for him.

The ruby 2-hander was supposed to be only used on foot, but some how, it never got changed, so it can be used on horseback.  If you have Siggy or Fred mounted, give it to one of them - either will wreak havoc using it, mounted or on foot.

It is actually a bug and using it on horse is nothing short than exploiting a bug,but no one cares. Go ahead.

~Ãbyss

Ãbyss said:
It is actually a bug and using it on horse is nothing short than exploiting a bug,but no one cares. Go ahead.

~Ãbyss
If that is a bug I'm suprised it never got fixed. As far as I know, fixing only includes using item editor. So I can't agree. Seems like moderator made a clarification though.

Well I am pretty sure it got overlooked since noosers had to rebalance every 700 or something useful items in the game(there being a total of 914) and SD was removing a hundred of old items and adding another 100 (correct me if I'm wrong) new items to PoP 3 so it did not come to anyone's mind to tick the unable to use on horseback choice in rune 2handers. It was never a bug and it was never on any bug list,but it recently became one since most of the 2handers became unavailable on horseback.

Was this so hard to think and understand by yourself that you'd have me explain why and what happened in the process?

~Ãbyss

Since we got into item discussion ... is Southern Glaive meant to be used with a shield? It's pretty much not a lance but poleaxe-like weapon, except that it's lighter and could be realistically swung from horseback. Additionally, many knights use a Morning Star, which is a very cheap and inferior item, compared to one-handed Warhammer. Morning Star is 30 points slower, has similar damage and doesn't knock people down, how is it justified exactly? It needs a buff in stats and rise in price. Reasoning? Morning Star in it's current shape and form is comparable to worst of avaible swords or axes, the cheapest in the store ... yet knights seem obsessed with this 'peasant weapon' for no particular (efficiency) reason.

The Ruby 2 handed sword was kept useable on horsback. It´s an outstanding, magnificient magical weapon you spend a Qualis Gem on. It is intended to be usable on horseback as it´s something special. It´s isn´t a bug or oversight, it works as intended.

@Achilla:
Morning Stars used by knights have better range and work wonders against anything. It doesn´t need anything. However, the talek warhammer is an awesome super uber weapons - and not used by any regular troopers on horse bar perhaps a few unique troops.

Morning Star never is or was a peasant weapon. It needs great skill and strenght to wield. The 1h version is a very brutal and efficient men at arms weapon. It is in no way a cheap or inferior item. It´s just a native model. Notice the huge iron ball and the dozen spikes? It´s heavy, slow and powerful And of course it sucks as melee weapon compared to the talek 1h warhammer BUT almost every other weapon does so as well.

Same goes for the Southern Glaive. As you may have noticed it was mainly used by 2 troop types in 2.5 - the Pendor Mtd Men at Arms and the D´Shar spearmen. In order to boost D´Shar units and make it a better infantry weapon (as it looks cool), it got a 1h useable and no shield penalty. If you want to swing it from horseback, don´t use a shield on horseback. However, whoever wants to sideswing a 1,7m long polearm one handed from horseback into anything better gets his shoulder blades reinforced, it´s a matter of momentum, mass, leverage, stress and how much your bones and muscles can handle.

noosers said:
If you want to swing it from horseback, don´t use a shield on horseback. However, whoever wants to sideswing a 1,7m long polearm one handed from horseback into anything better gets his shoulder blades reinforced, it´s a matter of momentum, mass, leverage, stress and how much your bones and muscles can handle.
looks like noosers knows a little somethin-somethin about physics :grin:

on another note - what are talek warhammers that you guys are talking about? I am aware of item named warhammer (most of my melee knights/companions have them as backup weapon for bludgeoning damage), but i have never encountered a talek warhammer... am i missing something.. or just lost in translation?

noosers said:
The Ruby 2 handed sword was kept useable on horsback. It´s an outstanding, magnificient magical weapon you spend a Qualis Gem on. It is intended to be usable on horseback as it´s something special. It´s isn´t a bug or oversight, it works as intended.

Weird ****in **** bro. This renders a dozen of the weapons in the game obsolete.

~Ãbyss

Back
Top Bottom